Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

16 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

23C36CF2-F7ED-45EA-A0DA-02FA5641A0CF.jpeg

AE2028C4-E950-40EB-9A52-9056C61E50D5.jpeg

If the first paragraph is true, that bodes well for us. I always felt that health concerns was the biggest obstacle. I don't think we balk at control, culture, or staffing at this point. I'm not worried if it doesn't happen today, and they wait until the  regular season is official over next week. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, troph said:

The only “yes but” would be staff. I can’t see him still being a maybe at all.  If he was a no we would hear it. So he’s a “yes” or a “yes but staff”.

I think it’s a yes. The staff angle is very interesting, could be true he doesn’t want to turn up the heat on his friends at Ohio St just yet. 

2 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

I think it’s a yes. The staff angle is very interesting, could be true he doesn’t want to turn up the heat on his friends at Ohio St just yet. 

I think he's a yes too.  If we don't hear today/tomorrow, then I'll start to bring my odds down, but today I think he's in.

Sorry guys, sounds like the decision was made last night, ole Herman is keeping his job. Directly from a BMD. Too much $$$ to pay out to existing staff & new hires with the current state of the athletic dept revenue is basically what it comes down to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Money was never an issue and won’t be even if someone uses that excuse later. It’s an easy out instead of “he thought our fan base is full of spoiled big egos who won’t let the water come to a boil before throwing it out and starting over while bitching the coffee is never ready.”

2 hours ago, THUJONE said:

For me, there are three options here:

OPTION 1: Urban is an asshole psychopath. It would be the only explanation if he currently knows he's not going to take the job. I don't believe this is the case, because if it were, it would mean that he is purposefully stringing out The University of Texas, to what? Just be a dick? I have a lot of objections to Meyer's handling of Fuckface McGee and his domestic violence shit, but otherwise he seems to conduct himself professionally. So I think it would be Busch League for him to just play us out like that. He could have, and would have put this whole thing to bed on Fox yesterday. Instead, it was awkward turtle crickets.

OPTION 2: He still doesn't know if he's going to take the job. Okay, maybe. But he's known it's coming to him for three months now. In my mind he's a YES, but could possibly be balking because he wants "his team," i.e., his specific staff he's worked with before. I don't necessarily buy this. Coaches aren't always able to walk in with all the assistants they want. And I don't see Urbs as the type of guy who is afraid to take a job unless all the stars are perfectly aligned. But this could lead to a NO if I've misread him and he's a little baby.

OPTION 3: He's a yes and waiting on word of Herman's departure.

Option 1: 0% 

Option 2: 30%

Option 3: 70%

Looks good to me. However……

2 hours ago, THUJONE said:

The "ball is in his court" is absolutely cover for "he's a yes and is giving Texas time to fire Herman in a respectful fashion."

……if it is no. 3, wouldn’t the ball be in our court at the moment?

11 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Look, I am not the girl y’all need nudes from. Y’all are way too picky. And notice too much. Lol. And I’d be proud to call most of u my friends and if we could have a happy hour I would show. That is my almost 16 year old dog Little Bitry with me. Anyway still nursing a broken heart stuff but this thread has made me happier than I can say. Proud to be a part of this palace of degenerate posters. That’s the most current picture I have. And by current I mean a few weeks ago. 

4554B0D8-4C22-40F5-8A4A-52804CF41F13.jpeg

I wouldn't have thought it would take this long to get over Grendel, but the heart wants what the heart wants

8 minutes ago, troph said:

The only “yes but” would be staff. I can’t see him still being a maybe at all.  If he was a no we would hear it. So he’s a “yes” or a “yes but staff”.

Which is another reason why this may not happen today. Urban may want to wait until teams are done with the regular season to start poaching assistant coaches from other teams, or at least until they are announced. I can't imagine staff will be something we have issues with, regardless of cost. At this point we're in for a penny, in for a pound. 

23 minutes ago, Horns99 said:

Sorry guys, sounds like the decision was made last night, ole Herman is keeping his job. Directly from a BMD. Too much $$$ to pay out to existing staff & new hires with the current state of the athletic dept revenue is basically what it comes down to.

6e0ebd87100fbe2cdb666e05320a1f1a.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Completely removing Urban Meyer and the coaching situation from the equation, I don’t know what to say to anyone who hasn’t found this painfully obvious for a while.

Well two posters say we are Texas and we’re the idiots! If we don’t land urban and end up with a plan b or c I don’t know what to tell people. 

I think theres som credence to this not taking place until after Kansas because of the pressure it would put his guys under while still at Ohio State. Obviously we all want this done ASAP, but i'm not gonna shit myself until its not CUM wearing burnt orange next year.

They’ll have the same pressure today, this week or anytime before the CFP because they’re likely going to be involved. I don’t buy Urban doing anything that would knee-cap the start of his UT tenure because of any loyalty to Ohio State. Urban-led Texas would immediately start going toe-to-toe with the Buckeyes over Texas HS recruits.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, troph said:

I think he's a yes too.  If we don't hear today/tomorrow, then I'll start to bring my odds down, but today I think he's in.

This is how I’m leaning right now. CDC is a professional and not an amateur like Patterson or Perrin. He knows how to hire coaches. If we’ve gotten to this point with the majority of the fan base wanting Meyer and with all the social media outcry and there has been no “no” from Meyer, I think he’s ours. He’s simply waiting for Herman to get canned and/or OSUs season to end.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Which is another reason why this may not happen today. Urban may want to wait until teams are done with the regular season to start poaching assistant coaches from other teams, or at least until they are announced. I can't imagine staff will be something we have issues with, regardless of cost. At this point we're in for a penny, in for a pound. 

I don't know that Urb wants to wait but knows protocol.  His guys are in the middle of a run for NC.  They need cover.  Maybe they told him they are in and is waiting as long as he can to give them cover or  maybe they told him to wait until after the season.  Urb may not know that part yet.  That said, my gut tells me Urb wants the job but wants it with his guys.  Infrastructure is everything per him yesterday.  I think Urb at the earliest accepts is next Sunday, and the only reason he would do that is, if he cares anything for NSD1 which i'm not sure is his highest priority.  Not to say it isn't important but he would be valuing strategizing how to get his guys over some 18yr olds.   

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Filet-o-fish said:

He's also probably earned that back in subs already too. 

He can always fall back on any number of excuses for why his info didn't pan out. Most legit insiders get bad info occasionally anyways. This dude is just going all in on it though. But Wth do I know, I'm just a fish sandwich.

@troph

2 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

Then why does Shelley tweat "lol" or "haha" any time someone asks her about Texas or Austin? If UM had conclusively turned down the offer, wouldn't she say "Please stop with these tweets, we are happy in Ohio and will not be moving to Austin"? That would be a simple thing to do, yet she continues to be evasive/cryptic.

I think those tweets rule out the possibility that he has already conclusively said no. Something is still happening. Perhaps they are still negotiating, perhaps they have a deal, or perhaps he's going to say no on Tuesday as Barton claims. Who knows. But he hasn't said no yet.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

The punctuation goes inside the quotation marks.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Born Burnt said:

Question mark only goes inside if the quoted text is a question, not if it's the full sentence that's the question.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Are we....

are we gonna have a punctuation walk off?   I’m an APA bro.

https://blog.apastyle.org/apastyle/2011/08/punctuating-around-quotation-marks.html

Punctuation mark

In relation to closing quotation mark, place it…

Example

Notes

Question mark or exclamation point (part of quoted material) Inside The Dream Questionnaire items included “How often do you remember your dreams?” and “What do you most often dream about?” We found intriguing results. When a quotation ending in a question mark or exclamation point ends a sentence, no extra period is needed.
Question mark or exclamation point (not part of quoted material) Outside How will this study impact participants who stated at the outset, “I never remember my dreams”? We hypothesized their dream recall would increase.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Jebus said:

https://blog.apastyle.org/apastyle/2011/08/punctuating-around-quotation-marks.html

Punctuation mark

In relation to closing quotation mark, place it…

Example

Notes

Question mark or exclamation point (part of quoted material) Inside The Dream Questionnaire items included “How often do you remember your dreams?” and “What do you most often dream about?” We found intriguing results. When a quotation ending in a question mark or exclamation point ends a sentence, no extra period is needed.
Question mark or exclamation point (not part of quoted material) Outside How will this study impact participants who stated at the outset, “I never remember my dreams”? We hypothesized their dream recall would increase.  

in your fucking face, @Pancho

40 minutes ago, Horns99 said:

LOL so they just figured that out last night?  Sorry Urb for working you up and wasting your time. We actually just got a call from our accountant. We actually don't have it in the budget. Maybe Q4 2022. We'll be in touch 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Houston matched up really well with those Bulls teams and when Grant went to Orlando they had no talent on the frontline unless you count 18 available fouls. The Dream frontcourt mismatch was greater than the MJ backcourt mismatch. They win at least the second and likely the first.

Definitely. Mad Max had a very good record of neutralizing Jordan during those years. It would have been a helluva Finals to see. 

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

MJ couldn't even make it to the finals that season, a season in which he played from the midway on. 

Midway on? MJ played 17 games in the regular season in 95. 

I'm not in the "Jordan would have won 8 straight camp" but 95 was clearly not MJ at the height of his powers.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

.  I think Urb at the earliest accepts is next Sunday, and the only reason he would do that is, if he cares anything for NSD1 which i'm not sure it is the highest priority.  Not to say it isn't important but he would be valuing strategizing how to get his guys over some 18yr olds.   

I was thinking the same way. He has to decide ahead of the early signing day. 

But we forgot about the new free agency rule. Urban to Texas will attract a ton of interest. And he knows this. So he's not worried about getting this done to lock in recruits. Because he expects to be able to pick and choose free agents after he signs. 

Which, I line with your covering for his tOSU people, is likely to be awhile. 

SHIT!!

It's crazy how so many BMD have friends on here and are willing to tell them exactly what's going on in the super secret negotiations, and that these BMDs all seem to be drawing wildly different conclusions from these meetings that they're all definitely directly involved in.  These meetings where all these decisions are being made must be crowded as hell.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jebus said:

It's crazy how so many BMD have friends on here and are willing to tell them exactly what's going on in the super secret negotiations, and that these BMDs all seem to be drawing wildly different conclusions from these meetings that they're all definitely directly involved in.  These meetings where all these decisions are being made must be crowded as hell.

Varied levels of BMD.  I don't think they are all privy to the same information and at the same time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust [Today started on page 417]
33 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Honestly really surprised by CTJ/Cadddox's optimism, I've been keeping myself in check as to how much I believe our odds but if both of them say it's done I'm a lot more positive

To be clear, my optimism on this one is blind and I am not saying it’s done because I don’t know jack shit. It’s clear to me that virtually no one knows anything on this. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

So Kirk Barton, the main negative source we've had so far, is also a setup?

Well we know Kirk said yesterday Trace Armstrong is his agent and we all know that to be bullshit as they parted ways due to Zach Smith. It was pretty split up.  We essentially have no bonafid sources.  This is very locked down. It implies very few players. Like 4 or 5 tops. No leaks. Very different than in every other coaching search 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Well we know Kirk said yesterday Trace Armstrong is his agent and we all know that to be bullshit as they parted ways due to Zach Smith. It was pretty split up.  We essentially have no bonafid sources.  This is very locked down. It implies very few players. Like 4 or 5 tops. No leaks. Very different than in every other coaching search 

Exactly. Which is why anyone who blames CDC for creating a "circus" is a clown. From an outsider's POV, he seems to be doing everything right.

• Hook 'Em 2

I think the BMDs are waiting just like we are, at this point. They're in, money-wise, but are waiting for an answer. I have a secondary connection to a true BMD (I get that many here will think that's BS) who would absolutely be one of the people that would be contributing money to this effort.  My primary connection texted him and said they were hoping to hear some good news soon. The response was, "So am I." 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic