Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

15 hours ago, Leanderman said:

I just looked at the Rivals list of recruits from Texas and how many are going out of state. I know we cannot get everyone but damn it we need more than what we are getting now, quality wise. I know its has been said the gomers opened the door to Texas, but Herman has got to slam that door or be gone.

let me be clear, don't fucking use Rivals anymore. This isn't 2005, they are pretty much the worst.

Use the 247 Composite. Not that it tells any better of a story but it is SIGNIFICANTLY better than using Rivals alone.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TX

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

let me be clear, don't fucking use Rivals anymore. This isn't 2005, they are pretty much the worst.

Use the 247 Composite. Not that it tells any better of a story but it is SIGNIFICANTLY better than using Rivals alone.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TX

I usually just pm Billy Liucci when I want to know anything about recruiting

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guessing how this whole Meyer situation plays out:

1. If Herman is retained there will be reaffirmation of Herman and no mention of Meyer, unless Meyer leaks some sort of story about not wanting the job in order to make it seem like he wasn’t interested. I doubt he’d do that, so that he could keep options open in the future, but he could.

2. If Herman goes and Urban is locked up, then it plays out as expected - fired with Urban announced about ten days later.

3. If they want Herman gone, but can’t work out a deal with Meyer, it depends upon how Herman finishes. If he loses early or makes the big 12 and loses, they might go to plan B but I don’t know who that would be. In that scenario I would expect Meyer to come out and deny interest, rather than say they couldn’t come to terms or that he was going elsewhere. CTJ mentioned Campbell at one point but he now is trending Michigan. If Herman wins Big 12, I think we see #1.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Nah bruh...he says right there on Twitter he'll give the money back immediately if Herman isn't fired.

Who wouldn't trust and anonymous online person using a fake name and avatar who hasn't been proven to have any shred of credibility?!?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

Since all you gents hold FCB's insight in high regard and loves when people put percentages on potential outcomes, he just put 50/50 odds on CUM to Texas in the situation where CTT doesn't bring home the B12 trophy. Ovaries on the table and such. 

WTF? Gents?  FCB in high regard?  KKL ovaries?  Damn son, you smell like an aggy.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

WTF? Gents?  FCB in high regard?  KKL ovaries?  Damn son, you smell like an aggy.  

First of all, recalibrate your shitastic sarcasm meter and look at my post history before calling me aggy. Not to mention the ovaries on the table joke takes some serial lurking to throw out, I'm shaggy OG and BA '13, JD '16 for what it's worth. Futureman will post my paystub in the a.m.  #firehermanhireurban

Edited by derpyhorndog
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

First of all, recalibrate your shitastic sarcasm meter and look at my post history before calling me aggy. Not to mention the ovaries on the table joke takes some serial lurking to throw out, I'm shaggy OG and BA '13, JD '16 for what it's worth. Futureman will post my paystub in the a.m.  #firehermanhireurban

Ha, shaggy didn't have a degree plan. It wasn't even a school.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, derpyhorndog said:

Shit. Another lawyer. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Shit. Another lawyer. 

Reminds me of the time I got off the plane at Schiphol. Walked down the roll-up stairs wearing a cowboy hat, carrying a J-200, looking around for my ride. In the group waiting for passengers, an older gentleman called out at the top of his lungs, "Jee-zus Fucking Christ! Another fucking Texan with another fucking gee-tar! Wot I wouldn't fucking give to see a fucking Scotsman with a fucking trombone!" Yep, my ride, who turned out to be a pretty good guy...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Guessing how this whole Meyer situation plays out:

1. If Herman is retained there will be reaffirmation of Herman and no mention of Meyer, unless Meyer leaks some sort of story about not wanting the job in order to make it seem like he wasn’t interested. I doubt he’d do that, so that he could keep options open in the future, but he could.

2. If Herman goes and Urban is locked up, then it plays out as expected - fired with Urban announced about ten days later.

3. If they want Herman gone, but can’t work out a deal with Meyer, it depends upon how Herman finishes. If he loses early or makes the big 12 and loses, they might go to plan B but I don’t know who that would be. In that scenario I would expect Meyer to come out and deny interest, rather than say they couldn’t come to terms or that he was going elsewhere. CTJ mentioned Campbell at one point but he now is trending Michigan. If Herman wins Big 12, I think we see #1.

This post is $9.95 worthy. 

7 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

I mean. Sounds like a commentary on our team’s problems. 

Sounds like he’s in the pre-negotiation stage of his contract talks. He can’t publicly disparage Texas by name even though his lips are coated in pixie dust.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic