Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

From the Buckeye Scoop Forum:
From what they're saying, seems like the "final answer" is Kirk's final view on the situation, not necessarily Urban's answer. I'm gonna reply to him to make sure I'm interpreting it correctly but that's what it seems like.
https://imgur.com/a/IZ4MOQ7

Should have names their forum Buck Buddies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

I wasn’t on this board at the time but on other boards I tried to tell everyone that there’s a 0% chance Tom Herman was going to LSU. The deal was done, had been in the works for months.

This isn’t that type of slam dunk but everything has been very positive and most importantly we didn’t fuck anything up. It’s been the opposite. There’s no way that thread gets that text last night unless something really good happened. It wasn’t a done deal but it had to have been good enough that the thing didn’t all of a sudden flip in less than 24 hours. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

All right. That’s enough. 

If Urban Meyer is announced as our coach, I will eat a McRib. That’s how fucking happy I will be. 

I was going to suggest it.  If we were true assholes we'd make you add mayo.

Edited by RollLeft

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I choose to believe that a verbal agreement between CDC and Meyer exists and all that's left is to figure out the contract and deal with our current coach problem

Lose to K-State  and the dismissal of Tom Herman occurs Saturday evening or Sunday morning.   

Or if we win, we wait the following week and still dismiss him even if we beat KU.  Just using the generic dismissal reason of choosing to go a different path with the program.

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I choose to believe that a verbal agreement between CDC and Meyer exists and all that's left is to figure out the contract and deal with our current coach problem

This is where I am. CDC and Meyer have an understanding on the basic outline of the deal and that all the final details can be worked out. If a decision was reached a little earlier in the week they would have fired Tommy, named Ash the interim coach for Saturday and announced Meyer but it didn't happen. Negotiations dragged a bit so this close to the game all parties will relax, iron out the last couple details, and wait until after the game to drop the hammer. 

Fuck it, I'm ready to get hurt again.

2 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I wasn’t on this board at the time but on other boards I tried to tell everyone that there’s a 0% chance Tom Herman was going to LSU. The deal was done, had been in the works for months.

This isn’t that type of slam dunk but everything has been very positive and most importantly we didn’t fuck anything up. It’s been the opposite. There’s no way that thread gets that text last night unless something really good happened. It wasn’t a done deal but it had to have been good enough that the thing didn’t all of a sudden flip in less than 24 hours. 

Yeah but @BuckNutCumDumpster420 just posted that there's no way Urban ever returns to coaching and that he's just playing us.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Lose to K-State  and the dismissal of Tom Herman occurs Saturday evening or Sunday morning.   

Or if we win, we wait the following week and still dismiss him even if we beat KU.  Just using the generic dismissal reason of choosing to go a different path with the program.

He needs to recruit.

8 hours ago, Harvdog said:

Bronte, Eden and Robert Lee don't have much to offer other than a Town and Country with gut grenades and a filthy bathroom.

No shit. I built and owned the Slumber Inn in Eden and have never been so glad to be done with a place in my life.  As a point of reference, the people there are even far shittier than the town.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

For the sake of my stuff remaining unbroken, I hope you're right.

18 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I’m traveling so I stepped away. What’s causing the melt. I feel just as good now as I did last night. 

Some OSU guy posted a crying face meme with "final answer" (very vague) and a random person on IT said that guy worked for Urban at OSU and is friends with the Meyers

On further research, the guy was a GA under Urban, has a mugshot on his wikipedia, and runs some hack OSU site with very few followers. So likely taking his shot at signing up a bunch of new subscribers 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Mole said:

Since everyone is posting their workstation:

C1E9DE90-9C54-4A22-89BC-F39A0D842182.thumb.jpeg.1a6b79aa065030a7df9240b02ea482be.jpeg

Am I the only one who actually played video games on this and remembers the world before video games?

Rows and rows of pinball machines, which I enjoyed the Hell out of, and still do!

Also, C64 syntax checks out!

Edited by BachelorTrek

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

TFB continues to offer up the stupidest goddamn bullshit.  We still have Tom Herman employed, everyone who matters has been silenced, and the only people who even know that a search is going on are those on message boards.  How the fuck else are we supposed to handle the pursuit?  And whatever will we do if Matt Campbell realizes he was a second choice to URBAN MEYER???

Also, how many coaches have turned down great jobs because they weren't the first choice? Any examples? 

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Ok, so a voluminous cavernous fisting by @futureman and @Newy25 Dry heaving down a McRib. This place is about to become a jackass movie.

I assume we will have @Newy25 sobbing in the corner choking down a McRib while he watches @futureman fist his ass?  Put it on onlyfans. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic