Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

What a bunch of gutless, spineless, half-witted, handwringing, lily-livered, mouthbreathers who all squat to pee the posters on this thread are. Good lord. A fat fuck OSU troll posts a meme taunting us and you all immediately throw down your keyboards and waddle off to sob in dark corners? Holy fuck. Hallelujah. Merry Christmas. 

Yeah I know. I'm embarrassed for them all as well. 

While Helobious is coming close to getting crowdsourced into Purgatory for that on-brand bitchmade comment upthread, I'll be busy going scorched earth on that inbred mouth-breathing NFL washout that apparently has Baker-Mayfield level issues with local cops.

Oh, right - this is after Urban throws up his first Hook Em.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

any idea why?  just curious.

3 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

I'm assuming he's doing so because of our Nike equipment deal? 

3 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Why would Knight be doing that?  Because Texas is under contract with Nike?

Texas being good is good for college football/sports. Disney and Nike would both prefer Texas being either loved or hated at the top versus eroding both of those emotions towards apathy somewhere in No Man’s Land. Knight and Meyer are friends and UM seeks his counsel. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

What a bunch of gutless, spineless, half-witted, handwringing, lily-livered, mouthbreathers who all squat to pee the posters on this thread are. Good lord. A fat fuck OSU troll posts a meme taunting us and you all immediately throw down your keyboards and waddle off to sob in dark corners? Holy fuck. Hallelujah. Merry Christmas. 

Bill Paxton GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

it shouldn't take this long. the cards have been on the table since monday. if he really wanted the job, i'd think he'd accepted it by now. i see this delay as him and people trying to convince him to take the job when his head says no. or maybe he's not getting the yeses he thought he would easily get from his old staff and is trying to convince them. either way, the delay probably doesn't bode well.

this is where i am now.

tenor.gif?itemid=15253908

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Where’s the Tylenol?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Not the poster we want but the poster we need.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas being good is good for college football/sports. Disney and Nike would both prefer Texas being either loved or hated at the top versus eroding both of those emotions towards apathy somewhere in No Man’s Land. Knight and Meyer are friends and UM seeks his counsel. 

Maybe Phil can design some Air Urban shoe line to appease Urban's ego but only if he takes the Texas gig.  It's pretty sad that we can throw 12 mil a year at a guy, give him complete control of a Blue Blood in one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country, have Nike pushing him to take the job and he still says "thanks but no thanks".  

4 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Alright someone get out to ABIA when the Kendra Scott plane lands at 6:50 from Sarasota.  Hopefully not the 2nd property bro.  https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JTL512/history/20201204/0000Z/KSRQ/KAUS

Wait, both of the Property Brothers are fucking Kendra Scott?  That's weird man

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

it shouldn't take this long. the cards have been on the table since monday. if he really wanted the job, i'd think he'd accepted it by now. i see this delay as him and people trying to convince him to take the job when his head says no. or maybe he's not getting the yeses he thought he would easily get from his old staff and is trying to convince them. either way, the delay probably doesn't bode well.

this is where i am now.

tenor.gif?itemid=15253908

This is how I feel. It's December 3rd, if he really wanted the job I think we would know by now. Probably still mulling it over but it taking this long doesn't bode well.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, SimonSays said:

This is how I feel. It's December 3rd, if he really wanted the job I think we would know by now. Probably still mulling it over but it taking this long doesn't bode well.

For fucks sake. Nothing is getting announced before KSU. It’s like I’m playing cards with my brother’s kids. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this thread going back to my Hornfans days.  From the magnitude of the situation, to the flight, hotel, and twitter stalking, to the spinoff discussions on burgers, bourbon, and whatnot, this thread is truly magnificent.  I'm so proud of you all.

The stakes are high, bro. Aggy and all.

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I see you conveniently left out Kwanza and Chanukkah.   the dude abides....we are fucking getting Urban Meyer and Phil Knight and the Mouse will make it so. 

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor either!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

If I post all or even a fraction of my thoughts on Arby’s, I will probably get banned from the site. Their entire menu is McRibesque. 

Totally agree, Arby's is almost as glorious as the McRib.  Gotta love that sassy sauce.  Chomp.

13 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

TFB continues to offer up the stupidest goddamn bullshit.  We still have Tom Herman employed, everyone who matters has been silenced, and the only people who even know that a search is going on are those on message boards.  How the fuck else are we supposed to handle the pursuit?  And whatever will we do if Matt Campbell realizes he was a second choice to URBAN MEYER???

Thank you. Anybody who has a problem with us going after the man who has already won three national championships can go jump in a lake. 

Also, a pay bump from, say two million to five million may help assuage those harsh feelings.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus

2 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

My aunt’s father was a dean at OSU for 32 years and she is the faculty chair of a department there. Does that give me enough clout to say there has not been a formal offer because there won’t be one until Herman is fired, and any agreement will be under wraps until that happens. Urban Meyer isn’t having some idiot post a meme to state his intentions. That’s not how he works.  

I don't believe in god, but I hope to god you're right.

5 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

the other option is he has accepted. we are in smoke screen territory and we are waiting for the gun at KSU to make this happen.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

200.gif

5 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

My aunt’s father was a dean at OSU for 32 years and she is the faculty chair of a department there. Does that give me enough clout to say there has not been a formal offer because there won’t be one until Herman is fired, and any agreement will be under wraps until that happens. Urban Meyer isn’t having some idiot post a meme to state his intentions. That’s not how he works.  

Yet CDC supposedly doesn't fire coaches until he has the next one lined up? Otherwise why the hell wasn't Herman canned after Iowa State? 

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well... yes?

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this thread going back to my Hornfans days.  From the magnitude of the situation, to the flight, hotel, and twitter stalking, to the spinoff discussions on burgers, bourbon, and whatnot, this thread is truly magnificent.  I'm so proud of you all.

It’s an epic, hyper concentrated sampling of Surly/Shaggy.

Just wait until the whole peanut gallery starts drinking and getting stoned tonight and tomorrow night. Al Gore never envisioned such destruction when he invented the internet.

See you sumbitches in hell.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic