Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

And the Mandalorian is holding it, while doing something with mayo, measuring tape and a partially empty hand lotion/cream/sanitizer/something or other.  He's the new space MacGyver, and he's hunting Ketch.  

and shooting ewoks

kmouewok_zpsyiyalyrh.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'd take Bill O'Brien hands down, I think, over the name that motherfucker floated to us in a chat group earlier this week. It was so bad about 2 or 3 of us assumed he was trolling. When he swore us to secrecy, one chat person made the correct and insightful response of "I'd be too embarrassed to share this with anyone."

someone python GIF

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, 77horn said:

Jeff Fisher?

6 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Kliff

27 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Fuck. It is Bill O'Brien, isn't it?

16 minutes ago, The Dog said:

That's gotta be Adam Gase. ;)

16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Haha. Jason Garrett. 

8 minutes ago, 77horn said:

Jeff Fisher?

Looks like there's no shortage of "fuck no" NFL possibilities. There's what, like 5-10 guys that would be actually exciting and they all have massive contracts

Edited by Bevo14

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Whichever of you fuckers who guessed Jeff Fisher win the prize. 1st prize is you're fucked. 2nd prize is we're all fucked. 3rd prize is the same as the first two. 

Mother of God. What's the College Football Maybe Covid Shortened Season translation to a 7-9?

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'd take Bill O'Brien hands down, I think, over the name that motherfucker floated to us in a chat group earlier this week. It was so bad about 2 or 3 of us assumed he was trolling. When he swore us to secrecy, one chat person made the correct and insightful response of "I'd be too embarrassed to share this with anyone."

image.jpeg.d14e6e9be4d18d3db3b8a68e2fd7e321.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

If Jeff Fisher were named our coach I would cancel my tickets and just become a hard core CSU fan and just pretend like I never attended the University of Texas on Saturdays. The chasm like drop off between Urban Meyer and Jeff Fisher would break me. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

"Anticipation, anticipation,

its making me wait

its keeping me waiting....."

Anyone remember the old Heinz ketchup commercial?  We need some bonafide news today.

Or the top 2o hit before the commercials were made.

Voice of an angel...

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Whichever of you fuckers who guessed Jeff Fisher win the prize. 1st prize is you're fucked. 2nd prize is we're all fucked. 3rd prize is the same as the first two. 

You would see ticket sales drop to the absolute bottom of the barrel if Texas hired that POS as the HC. I would rather hire that crazy HS coach from Arkansas that doesn't punt and only does onside kicks as the new HC vs Fisher.

I can't imagine it's Jeff Fisher. He's old as fuck and sucks. 

I tried to imagine "who is a coach bad enough that it would piss Sydney off, but is also not so terrible that it's unrealistic that CDC and the BMDs are that stupid (IE Adam Gase)"

Jason Garrett is what I came up with. He'd be as bad as we could get without it being unrealistic dooming.

32 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

You would think someone that expends the energy and resources to drive to Manhattan in December and watch us play in a meaningless game would be more open to hiring the second best coach in Cfb.

I’m just a typical season ticket holder that goes to 4-5 games a year. Last year I really started thinking about how much energy I needed to devote to taking my son watch our underperforming team. He’s 12 and he hasn’t seen one exciting season.  It’s a bunch of bullshit. 

You’re a smart guy. @SydneyCarton and I decided that it would be a great idea to go in on a fucking SEZ suite. We’re super smart. I looked at the 2021 home schedule yesterday and almost vomited. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

In what world does a 22 year head coaching career with just over .500 win percentage qualify for what CDC is looking for? Also, I would love for him to bring his veer offense to the big 12, that would be amazing. 

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

ncf_a_brown_300.jpg'

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

If Jeff Fisher were named our coach I would cancel my tickets and just become a hard core CSU fan and just pretend like I never attended the University of Texas on Saturdays. The chasm like drop off between Urban Meyer and Jeff Fisher would break me. 

Also a good way to guarantee Vince is no longer involved with the university

I feel like I have put up with a lot over the last ten years.  I've seen us kick both halves because we screwed up the coin toss.  I've witnessed our athletic director have to get on a plane to convince the Tulsa offensive coordinator to take a huge raise to come coach here.  I watched us lose to Kansas and have like 4 extra points blocked in a single game.  Hiring some washed up NFL loser will literally break me.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Important update from Kurt:

Kind of weird seeing a main stream media person talk this Urban Meyer thing up. See? This is why Texas fans are "delusional" about this, the media keeps running with it.

Anyway why the fuck is anything dependent on Kansas State? That is bullshit, everything should already be decided. What insanity is raging in Bellmont?

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Important update from Kurt:

If we beat Kansas St, and we should beat them after we sweat out a 3 point victory after out gaining them 2:1 in yards, we still technically have the Kansas game. I talked to someone I trust in the AD office who told me the Kansas game will be played assuming no Covid issues. That makes me wonder about the timing now if we win tomorrow. Is Texas the kind of school to fire a coach after a win? 

FCB not that this is worth a shit

Good Morning Horns247!!

— A push by Texas big-money donors to lure three-time national championship coach Urban Meyer out of the television studio at FOX and back into coaching continues, a source close to the situation told Horns247.

Meyer told intermediaries for UT on Monday if he was pressed for an answer about wanting to coach again, the answer would be no, the source said.

So they’ve given Meyer more time and perhaps an offer they hope he won’t refuse.

Of course, Texas currently has a coach in Tom Herman, who has been told by athletic director Chris Del Conte he'll be evaluated at the end of the season.

The attempt to lure Meyer, who has received interest from a couple NFL teams, is a high-stakes gamble by UT's big-money donors, who would be the ones financing the nearly $25 million buyout of Herman and his coaching staff. If it fails, and the buyout money evaporates, with the athletic department already facing a $53 million shortfall for the 2020-21 school year, could Texas retain Herman as the head coach? Time will tell.

In other college coaching news, if Michigan lets go of Jim Harbaugh as football coach, Iowa State's Matt Campbell would be a leading candidate and would be interested, industry sources said.

— Anyone thinking Texas’ last game of the regular season at Kansas might not be played should think again.

A source close to the situation told Horns247 that game is worth $3.5 million in television revenue and will be played.

— I’m told San Francisco 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan, a former Longhorn walk-on receiver after transferring from Duke, isn’t interested in coaching college football. 

But Shanahan has strongly recommended his defensive coordinator Robert Saleh as a head-coaching candidate to anyone who will listen.

Saleh is being pushed by 49ers’ defensive back Richard Sherman as a candidate to coach the Detroit Lions, who just fired Matt Patricia as their head coach.

— With Texas redshirt junior left tackle Samuel Cosmi opting out of the last two games, the Longhorns have prepared for Saturday’s game at Kansas State with a new-look offensive line.

Christian Jones has moved from right tackle to left tackle. Derek Kerstetter has moved from center to right tackle, and freshman Jake Majors has taken over at center.

Junior Angilau continues to start at left guard, while Denzel Okafor continues to start at right guard.

Angilau has started every game this season despite playing with a severe case of patellar tendinitis in his left knee.

— While team captains - left tackle Samuel Cosmi and safety Caden Sterns - announced this week they are opting out of Texas' final two games of the season to prepare for the NFL Draft, junior captain outside linebacker Joseph Ossai continues to play for the Longhorns.

The 6-foot-4, 253-pound Ossai could end up as Texas’ highest draft pick if he declares for the 2021 NFL Draft.

Ossai is second on the team in tackles with 52, including a Big 12-leading 14 tackles for loss. Ossai also has four sacks, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Kind of weird seeing a main stream media person talk this Urban Meyer thing up. See? This is why Texas fans are "delusional" about this, the media keeps running with it.

Anyway why the fuck is anything dependent on Kansas State? That is bullshit, everything should already be decided. What insanity is raging in Bellmont?

Decision is made. Smokescreens and all that

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic