Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

I think we've known each other long enough on the boards for you to know better than to derive any faith or enthusiasm from me. I have no clue whether this dude is taking the job or not and I don't think anyone besides Meyer and maybe his wife know what he's doing. I have to believe that there would be leaks by now if he had decided he was or was not doing this. There's no way more than a couple of people know anything.
I do choose to believe that Texas has done everything it could to make this happen. That surprises me. I guess if Herman remains the coach by Sunday, my opinion will change on that again though.

I get it. I heard he turned it down last week and it’s over. So the smoke you guys are hearing about tells me at least it wasn’t a final no. That’s why I’m slightly encouraged.

On Herman remaining, people can forget that scenario. On the assumption that Herman tried hard to win Iowa St, not sure about that. I’m sure his staff did. Don’t know about him.

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

Guys.....it's obvious....CDC only floated the Jeff Fischer name to keep the alumni in line and quail any restlessness regarding buyout etc......He's got this.

Pretty pathetic when floating the name of a turd like Fischer is keeping the BMDumbasses in line

Point made and understood.  If Urban was an up and coming coach, I could understand Mack selfishly  wanting to preserve his legacy in Austin .   Urban already has one and what he could do at Texas would be icing on the cake if you will
That's all fair. The part you're missing though that invalidates all of the logic you laid out is that Mack is a passive aggressive insecure twat.

2 hours ago, Mikey4 said:
2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:
One of you fuckers that's on twitter should text links to Austin Spin studios to Shelley and see if you get a Thanks! or an LOL!

Please no. She's getting constantly spammed by texas fans with bad judgment (shocking, I know).

Don’t tweet at recruits, I mean coach’s wives 

Just now, clapclapclap said:

Nothing from Taco Bell is any good and hasn't been for decades.  Overhyped by foggy nostalgia or clueless youths with no awareness of Taco Casa.

You guys have better options in Texas but those of us stranded on the east coast are fucked.

4 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Pretty pathetic when floating the name of a turd like Fischer is keeping the BMDumbasses in line

It would work on Surly in heartbeat.

If CDC came on here and said stop posting or I hire Jeff Fisher instead of Meyer this board thread would go silent.

Edited by TexasRenegade
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Austx said:

Herman knows he's done at the end of the season and he's just focused on winning out and leaving on a high note which may land him a job sooner rather than later (Vandy, S. Carolina).

Herman will land on his feet. He is not a horrible coach, he is just not an elite coach. He would be a good fit for a tier 2 P5 school. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pearlandhorn said:

It's nice having an AD that actually has the proper skills in being an AD.  Keeping things quiet and letting them play out and not jumping through hoops to please the BMDs.  CDC gets it.

I think (hope) CDC is a wizard and his whole "respond to every idiot on twitter" thing is just some dumb intern doing a marketing routine on his account as a smokescreen.

10 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Re FCB's post, is Robert Saleh the NFL guy IT is referring to?

No. That's apparently a name Kyle Shanahan is throwing out to anybody who comes to him to gauge interest but that is a hard pass from CDC.

7 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Clear that if Herm is still the coach on Tuesday that Urban is a no?  That would leave us with either Herman or someone like Mario/Campbell/Fickell/Mullen/Brian Kelly/Ed Cedera?

Yes, that would be somewhat problematic. I think if we get to Sunday night and Herman is still HC and no mention of Urban accepting the job means that ship will have sailed. The Urban situation will resolve itself one way or the other this weekend.

There is a new humidor up at IT. Not a whole lot of news though they clarified FCB's report that Texas was told "no" by Urban on Monday. Or maybe FCB said Urban's answer was "no" if he was needing to give them an immediate answer. Nahlin said Urban's response on Monday was that "he needed more time." This lends credence to the thought he was perhaps gauging whether he'd take the job based on whether he could pull any former trusted associates in guys like Marotti or Pantoni. My guess is that some clarification has been made in those areas -- hence the optimistic "calls" by Texas and OSU folks alike the last couple of nights. The issue is the timetable -- being so close to K-State game day. An answer might have been given one way or the other with the agreement that nothing will go down until after the K-State game on Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Clear that if Herm is still the coach on Tuesday that Urban is a no?  That would leave us with either Herman or someone like Mario/Campbell/Fickell/Mullen/Brian Kelly/Ed Cedera?

I'd say it's clear that if Herman is still the coach on Sunday night, then Urban is a no.  Urban won't take past Saturday to decide. He knows he'd have to be officially in at least that long before NSD1, otherwise he'd be shooting himself in the foot.  The most likely timeline if Urban says yes is Herman fired Saturday night and Urban announced Sunday, maybe it gets delayed by a day to Herman fired on Sunday and Urban has a presser on Monday, but I don't see it going any later than that.   

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Teeth said:

I have to give Urban credit for multitasking. The guy is working for Fox and deciding his life and he still has time to talk to every single one of his old friends in Columbus, real estate agents, random Texans in the oil and gas industry, people who post of message boards, people who know people on message boards and apparently Bitcoin enthusiasts.

I cannot wait for him to only have to tackle going up against KU. 

Wait, what was the Bitcoin angle?

17 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Right about here is when everyone started calling for his head

sptsokla2.jpg

Shutout with Vince Young and Cedric Benson in the backfield. Holy fucking shit.

11 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I have never eaten a McRib in my life.

Carry on.

I haven't either. After reading @Newy25's rant on it, I guess I'm never going to, either.

1 minute ago, Austx said:

Herman knows he's done at the end of the season and he's just focused on winning out and leaving on a high note which may land him a job sooner rather than later (Vandy, S. Carolina).

Narcissists don't behave the way the rest of us do. There's a pretty good shot that Herman thinks he's fine. "Win the next two plus a bowl and all of this noise from the fanbase goes away." Not saying that's the case, but it wouldn't surprise me and shouldn't surprise anyone.

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Herman will land on his feet. He is not a horrible coach, he is just not an elite coach. He would be a good fit for a tier 2 P5 school. 

Completely agree, I think he needs his ego checked and that has been a big issue for him here. A lot of his problems are around not making decisions quick enough due to thinking his first decision is always right (time beck being oc for 3 years...)

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I've heard the decision to extend came from over his head, too. Has that been refuted or corrected?

thats the rumor but I'm hoping a guy like CDC, if he is worth his salt, would have said, "do you want me to be the AD or not?".  I think CDC made that decision and the rumor is to cover a bit for him when he fires Herman.  just my .02

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I'd say it's clear that if Herman is still the coach on Sunday night, then Urban is a no.  Urban won't take past Saturday to decide. He knows he'd have to be officially in at least that long before NSD1, otherwise he'd be shooting himself in the foot.  The most likely timeline if Urban says yes is Herman fired Saturday night and Urban announced Sunday, maybe it gets delayed by a day to Herman fired on Sunday and Urban has a presser on Monday, but I don't see it going any later than that.   

Yup, if Herman isn’t fired Sunday at the latest we’re proper fucked

Herman won't be here for one reason really, his players simply created many, many scoring opportunities for opponents with penalties on both sides of the ball.  Last year was the "shuffle the deck" and bring in new coaches to right the ship. I wonder if I went back and looked at the season, how many times we kept drives alive, or fell just short of first downs because of what seemed to me like an endless string of penalties this season.

I wish I was a real estate agent showing a secret client houses via facetime....  Secret client has a weird name though. City Hot Dog... weird...

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

No. That's apparently a name Kyle Shanahan is throwing out to anybody who comes to him to gauge interest but that is a hard pass from CDC.

Yes, that would be somewhat problematic. I think if we get to Sunday night and Herman is still HC and no mention of Urban accepting the job means that ship will have sailed. The Urban situation will resolve itself one way or the other this weekend.

There is a new humidor up at IT. Not a whole lot of news though they clarified FCB's report that Texas was told "no" by Urban on Monday. Or maybe FCB said Urban's answer was "no" if he was needing to give them an immediate answer. Nahlin said Urban's response on Monday was that "he needed more time." This lends credence to the thought he was perhaps gauging whether he'd take the job based on whether he could pull any former trusted associates in guys like Marotti or Pantoni. My guess is that some clarification has been made in those areas -- hence the optimistic "calls" by Texas and OSU folks alike the last couple of nights. The issue is the timetable -- being so close to K-State game day. An answer might have been given one way or the other with the agreement that nothing will go down until after the K-State game on Saturday.

that smells like complete '9.95ers know nothing bs.'

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Narcissists don't behave the way the rest of us do. There's a pretty good shot that Herman thinks he's fine. "Win the next two plus a bowl and all of this noise from the fanbase goes away." Not saying that's the case, but it wouldn't surprise me and shouldn't surprise anyone.

My guess is that he's been told he's out and he'd do himself a favor by handling it like an adult.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

It would work on Surly in heartbeat.

If CDC came on here and said stop posting or I hire Jeff Fisher instead of Meyer this board thread would go silent.

I would hope Immamac would shut the board down. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I've heard the decision to extend came from over his head, too. Has that been refuted or corrected?

I would be very surprised considering he has no support within UT and no support outside of UT. The only one clamoring for an extension at this point is Michelle and possibly Kendra Scott.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic