Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

13 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Mullen/Boom.  I think Florida won't let that happen and it is probably Mullen's agent.  could be floated to keep everyone from going ballistic if Meyer doesn't happen(I still think he happens).

Been my hopeful plan b for awhile

I don't think Urban will pull anyone from Ohio State before the end of their season. Right now, he will put out general feelers. After he is hired, he will reach out to those who said that they might be interested and could start the new job immediately. He will finish out the staff later. This means, for tOSU guys, he will wait until their season is over.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Urban can absolutely tell UT admin yes or no. It just can't be made public until Urban's fired. Right or wrong, UT seems to be waiting to hear Meyer's response before firing Herman, not the other way around.

I think we are just waiting for the official original end to the season, we're Texas and its what we do.  the KU reschedule is a bit of a monkey wrench but can be explained away with early signing and covid postponement.

1 minute ago, vtaenz said:

Another thought, if Ohio State doesn't have a good enough resume and Cinncy can jump them for a spot in the playoffs, then it's a lot easier to try to pull coaches from tOSU before a bowl game rather than a playoff run. Just spitballing here

Aaaaaaand guess who has been talking up Cincy over tOSU?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Have the same Dell monitor on the left.  It's awesome

Is that an ultrawide? I just joined the ultrawide club a few months ago. You fuckers wouldn't be able to talk smack on my monitor.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So if Urban can't say "yes or no" since there isn't really a job opening at this time I am pretty sure there is a easy way to fix that.  I still don't see the need to keep Herman on at this point.  There is a reason the term interim coach was created.  Let's use it and let the chips fall where they may.  

Why does anyone think he can't say yes or no until Herman is fired?

10 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

"Aggy" is the preferred nomenclature, my dude.

aggy

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

I don't think Urban will pull anyone from Ohio State before the end of their season. Right now, he will put out general feelers. After he is hired, he will reach out to those who said that they might be interested and could start the new job immediately. He will finish out the staff later. This means, for tOSU guys, he will wait until their season is over.

this is why the fuckhead at the osu board is all in on Urban is not coming to Texas. That dude's sources are all saying No because they do NOT want to create chaos on the games still to be played. The answer very well could be No, but it could also be YES but I aint telling anyone anything because that would be a shitty ass thing to do to the team. 

Here's to hoping Urban got enough Yeses to convince him to take the job.

Just now, ztejas said:

Why not? 

Urban's job is to discuss college football and playoff scenarios. He's not going to try to lobby against his former school to get left out JUST so he could potentially have his staff in place more quickly. That's trending on crazy conspiracy level theories.

26 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I am very good with this being plan B as long as he has a stud DC

Would have to be for money because at best Florida-to-Texas is a lateral move and is probably a downgrade given recent state of Texas and the Big 12 Conference.  My guess is Mullen's simply working on a raise from UF.

• Hook 'Em 2

Urban's job is to discuss college football and playoff scenarios. He's not going to try to lobby against his former school to get left out JUST so he could potentially have his staff in place more quickly. That's trending on crazy conspiracy level theories.

His kid also plays for Cincy.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah but it's still fun.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Is that an ultrawide? I just joined the ultrawide club a few months ago. You fuckers wouldn't be able to talk smack on my monitor.

Yeah the one on the left is an Ultrasharp Ultrawide 34" curved.  The one on the right is an Ultrasharp Ultrawide 29" flat.  They work pretty... pretty good.

3 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Would have to be for money because at best Florida-to-Texas is a lateral move and is probably a downgrade given recent state of Texas and the Big 12 Conference.  My guess is Mullen's simply working on a raise from UF.

Or not having to go through Bama and Georgia has appeal.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

It's not crazy at all. If you assume he's already accepted the Texas job - why would he not use his platform to try and swing things in his favor once he returns to coaching? He's already put plenty on the record saying how he'd fix our issues as HC. 

I think we are just waiting for the official original end to the season, we're Texas and its what we do.  the KU reschedule is a bit of a monkey wrench but can be explained away with early signing and covid postponement.

Honestly, fire Tomsucks after the KSU game. Sam could call the plays for the offense and Ossai calls the defense. They should be able to ransack KU’s butthole with no coach involvement.

CUM is coming

Otherwise it’s piss
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Its an easier path to an NC.  I don't think a guy like Mullen thinks its a downgrade at all.  Lateral maybe.  we hired 2 G5 flash in the pan dumbasses in a row.  This is all on us our AD and leadership shitshow.  A very good coach can have Texas rollling to big 12 champ game in short order.  sure you have to win that game but coming in 2nd place in this conference should not be difficult for a very good coach in his prime.

9 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

Sounds like regardless of what anyone says today, we aren't hearing anything credible until tomorrow after our game.

As far as coaches in general, is Texas completely painted into a corner here with Meyer?
I've only heard that BMD's raised money to buyout Herman for Meyer. What happens if we cannot get Meyer? Are the funds for the buyout no longer there to rid ourselves of Herman? I've only heard that Herman is out, but it seems like he's out with Meyer coming on board; what happens if Meyer isn't on board? Where are the funds for the buyout coming from or are they still there regardless?

Another thought, if Ohio State doesn't have a good enough resume and Cinncy can jump them for a spot in the playoffs, then it's a lot easier to try to pull coaches from tOSU before a bowl game rather than a playoff run. Just spitballing here.

We're 100% painted into a corner. Tom knows he is a dead man walking. If UM says no, we aren't going to buyout Herman and insert another up and comer. That means Herman stays at a place where his employer tried to oust him and he has lost support of the fanbase. It would be an awkward situation at that point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Can't get this image of Meyer watching his former Ohio State squad competing with Clemson in last year's College Football Playoff out of my mind.  Remember thinking at the time: That doesn't look like a man that wanted to retire....

10 seconds before the interception to end the game, the man in black...

Edited by Steelers Roll Left
  • Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Narcissists don't behave the way the rest of us do. There's a pretty good shot that Herman thinks he's fine. "Win the next two plus a bowl and all of this noise from the fanbase goes away." Not saying that's the case, but it wouldn't surprise me and shouldn't surprise anyone.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

On the assumption that Herman tried hard to win Iowa St, not sure about that. I’m sure his staff did. Don’t know about him.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you guys on this.  Evidence:

The fake punt and the 4th-down failure.  Former was a -7 and latter was a -3.  That's 10 points to iowa state.

Therm knew it was the make or break game and he had roll the dice and hope to flip the script.

Those calls were not incompetence.  They were desperation.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Meyer said:

Conspiracy ass dudes Texas hasn’t made a good hire in how long? I’m born and raised in Austin. I saw Ricky break the record in college station. Texas isn’t Texas rn. Changes will be made. 

Guys, this dude did see Ricky break the record in college station, he was watching the game on tv in his concrete bunker aggie corps barracks room

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Another thing I forgot that this guy did, of course, is use terms like "natty" and "faggots". Aggies will just keep doing what they do with stupid or offensive shit and be oblivious to how much that sticks out to the rest of us. I hear someone use the term "natty" or read it on here, and I immediately think "well, here's a fucking aggie alright." 

Another tell is the use and capitalization of Aggies instead of aggy.

26 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I hope so - I just wasn't sure that he'd have any interest in leaving Florida right now.

Pairing Mullen with a top DC would be pretty fucking great.  Not Urban Meyer great, but a decent consolation prize.

I highly doubt he has any interest in leaving a program that is a DC away from being a contender, to try to right this ship.  

Just like Sully didn't leave when we tried to money whip him, I don't expect Mullen to depart UF either.

4 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

It means I am an actual fan not living in the fantasy world some of you are.

I want us to play every game and win. Fuck any of you if you wish we would lose to fire a coach in any sport.

At this point I hope Herman comes back next year to just piss all of you off.

So I was right and you think the phrase "on one's high horse" means living in a fantasy land? I win again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic