Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-asked-walter-reed-doctors-sign-non-disclosure-agreements-2019-n1242293?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top

President Donald Trump has required personnel at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center to sign nondisclosure agreements before they could be involved with treating him, according to four people familiar with the process

During a surprise trip to Walter Reed on Nov. 16, 2019, Trump mandated signed NDAs from both physicians and nonmedical staff, most of whom are active-duty military service members, these people said. At least two doctors at Walter Reed who refused to sign the NDAs were subsequently not permitted to have any involvement in the president's care, two of the people said.

The reason for his trip last year remains shrouded in mystery.

The four people familiar with the process did not know whether, during the president's most recent visit over the weekend, he had the same requirement for Walter Reed staff members who had not previously been involved in his care.

Spoiler

Anyone providing medical services to the president — or any other American — is automatically prohibited by federal law from disclosing the patient's personal health information without consent. The existing legal protection for all patients under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPAA, raises the question of why Trump would insist that staff members at Walter Reed sign NDAs.

"Any physician caring for the President is bound by patient physician confidentiality guaranteed under HIPAA, and I'm not going to comment on internal procedures beyond that," White House Deputy Press Secretary Judd Deere said in a statement.

In addition, all personnel assigned to the White House Medical Unit, which treats the president and the vice president day to day, are required to have special "Yankee White" security clearance. To obtain the clearance, they must be U.S. citizens and undergo extensive background checks.

Transparency about Trump's health has been a heightened concern since the White House announced last week that he had tested positive for the coronavirus, and the president has seemed to tightly restrict the information his doctors are authorized to share with the public. Dr. Sean Conley, the president's physician, has refused to answer key questions, such as when Trump last tested negative for the virus and whether the illness has caused him to develop pneumonia.

Multiple times in recent days, Conley, a Navy officer, has refused to disclose information about Trump's health by citing HIPAA.

"We've done routine standard imaging. I'm just not at liberty to discuss," Conley told reporters Monday when asked whether the president had any pneumonia or inflammation in his lungs.

Conley's written updates on Trump's health have included the note "I release the following information with the permission of President Donald J. Trump."

Walter Reed spokesperson Norris Agnew referred NBC News to the White House for comment.

Trump has routinely required that employees at his company, the Trump Organization, sign nondisclosure agreements. He continued the practice when he ran for president and even with some White House officials after he took office.

Arthur Caplan, the director of medical ethics at NYU Grossman School of Medicine, said some celebrities and wealthy businesspeople ask their physicians to sign NDAs, even though it is not necessary to protect their privacy.

"Ethically and legally you can ask for an NDA, but you don't need one," Caplan said. "Doctors can't share information with anyone except anyone caring for the patient or anyone billing the patient. And ultimately it's up to the patient whether or not the doctor can share information.

"It's more redundant than unethical. The presumption is privacy first," and doctors who violate privacy rules without just cause face severe consequences, he said.

Since his coronavirus diagnosis became public Oct. 1, Trump has sought to project an image of strength, with carefully choreographed public appearances, and he could see any information about his health to the contrary as undermining that narrative.

Trump spent three nights at Walter Reed after the White House announced that he had tested positive. He was discharged Monday and returned to the White House.

After Trump's unscheduled trip to Walter Reed last year, the White House said he was there to complete parts of his annual physical exam, which is usually done in one visit after the new year.

"Anticipating a very busy 2020, the president is taking advantage of a free weekend here in Washington, D.C., to begin portions of his routine annual physical exam at Walter Reed," Stephanie Grisham, the White House press secretary at the time, said in a statement.

Trump's two previous physical exams as president had been announced in advance, and the medical staff at Walter Reed was widely notified to expect a high-level visit. Neither of those steps were taken ahead of Trump's visit last year.

6 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

All lies and jests
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest.

But it's all right, it's all right
We've lived so well so long
Still, when I think of the road
we're traveling on
I wonder what went wrong
I can't help it, I wonder what went wrong

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, sachick said:

Trump called in to Fox this morning. Total unhinged. More than usual.

This piece of shit. "Covid isn't that bad. Don't live in fear. It's the flu, I beat it easy." Next day. "Listen, china put a curse on us, it's a horrible scourge. Which one is it, dipshit.

Fuck you America, fuck you American people for being so fucking stupid that this shit works on you. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 2

Well, I'll give him credit.  This is the closest he's gotten to actually doing something about "the greatest political crime in the history of our country."  

Now, what I do not expect to see was a sitting U.S. President order his Attorney General to arrest his political opponent via a drug-fueled phone call to a second-rate business channel talk show.  I would think that kinda third world shit would be done behind closed doors, so as to give the Justice Dept. some plausible deniability that they were not ordered to do this as a political hit job, but rather the evidence compelled them.  And now Maria is complicit in a criminal conspiracy as well just by listening to the President's orders.  

He said something to the effect of "We have so much evidence, but Bill said he wants to get more."  I know he's full of shit, but I wonder what Bill thinks of all this.  Trump is saying most of it to rile up his base, I know that.  But surely at some point, behind the scenes, Bill has had to have told him at least once, "You know we can't do this, right?  Even I can't do something like this.  This isn't the under the radar non-constitutional shit we usually pull, people are going to want to see the evidence behind an indictment of your opponent and a former U.S. President.  I mean, I can't just make up that kinda evidence.  It would need to be real, or at least somewhat real.  Something based in reality.  I can arrest all kinds of people for all kinds of crazy shit, but Joe Biden's lawyers are probably decent and they're probably gonna ask a couple of questions."  

Edited by Lobo

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

If Barr has Obama arrested his (Barr’s) house will be burned down within 72 hours.  If he happens to be in it at the time would be a bonus. 

Arresting Obama or Biden would be the Fort Sumter of our second Civil War.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-asked-walter-reed-doctors-sign-non-disclosure-agreements-2019-n1242293?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top

Reveal hidden contents

Anyone providing medical services to the president — or any other American — is automatically prohibited by federal law from disclosing the patient's personal health information without consent. The existing legal protection for all patients under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPAA, raises the question of why Trump would insist that staff members at Walter Reed sign NDAs.

"Any physician caring for the President is bound by patient physician confidentiality guaranteed under HIPAA, and I'm not going to comment on internal procedures beyond that," White House Deputy Press Secretary Judd Deere said in a statement.

In addition, all personnel assigned to the White House Medical Unit, which treats the president and the vice president day to day, are required to have special "Yankee White" security clearance. To obtain the clearance, they must be U.S. citizens and undergo extensive background checks.

Transparency about Trump's health has been a heightened concern since the White House announced last week that he had tested positive for the coronavirus, and the president has seemed to tightly restrict the information his doctors are authorized to share with the public. Dr. Sean Conley, the president's physician, has refused to answer key questions, such as when Trump last tested negative for the virus and whether the illness has caused him to develop pneumonia.

Multiple times in recent days, Conley, a Navy officer, has refused to disclose information about Trump's health by citing HIPAA.

"We've done routine standard imaging. I'm just not at liberty to discuss," Conley told reporters Monday when asked whether the president had any pneumonia or inflammation in his lungs.

Conley's written updates on Trump's health have included the note "I release the following information with the permission of President Donald J. Trump."

Walter Reed spokesperson Norris Agnew referred NBC News to the White House for comment.

Trump has routinely required that employees at his company, the Trump Organization, sign nondisclosure agreements. He continued the practice when he ran for president and even with some White House officials after he took office.

Arthur Caplan, the director of medical ethics at NYU Grossman School of Medicine, said some celebrities and wealthy businesspeople ask their physicians to sign NDAs, even though it is not necessary to protect their privacy.

"Ethically and legally you can ask for an NDA, but you don't need one," Caplan said. "Doctors can't share information with anyone except anyone caring for the patient or anyone billing the patient. And ultimately it's up to the patient whether or not the doctor can share information.

"It's more redundant than unethical. The presumption is privacy first," and doctors who violate privacy rules without just cause face severe consequences, he said.

Since his coronavirus diagnosis became public Oct. 1, Trump has sought to project an image of strength, with carefully choreographed public appearances, and he could see any information about his health to the contrary as undermining that narrative.

Trump spent three nights at Walter Reed after the White House announced that he had tested positive. He was discharged Monday and returned to the White House.

After Trump's unscheduled trip to Walter Reed last year, the White House said he was there to complete parts of his annual physical exam, which is usually done in one visit after the new year.

"Anticipating a very busy 2020, the president is taking advantage of a free weekend here in Washington, D.C., to begin portions of his routine annual physical exam at Walter Reed," Stephanie Grisham, the White House press secretary at the time, said in a statement.

Trump's two previous physical exams as president had been announced in advance, and the medical staff at Walter Reed was widely notified to expect a high-level visit. Neither of those steps were taken ahead of Trump's visit last year.

GIF by Giphy QA

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

This is correct.

I'm 100% serious.  An arrest of the corrupt sitting president's opponent by that corrupt president's minions on the eve of the election would be met with a violent response.  We would be a nation at war with itself.

Y'all know that Trump is a bonafide madman, right?

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Yeah, can you imagine the black community if their only president is arrested for something like that? Barr isn't going to arrest him or Biden as he's too smart to do that. I do think he'll find someone to arrest between now and Nov 3rd though.

Oh shit, I just realized we've been hand-wringing about Trump suppressing votes, tying up the election results in court battles, etc.  
He's simply going to have Biden arrested after he loses to him on election night.  Barr will cook up some espionage and fraud charges and actually have Biden arrested before Thanksgiving.  I still say America's darkest hour is yet to come, the 11 weeks between Election Day & Inauguration Day.  Trump supporters murder count will be in the several dozens as they pick off people celebrating Biden's win and/or protesting whatever buildings Trump uses to wage his war on the valid results.  

I predicted as far back as a year ago on this site that Trump would die between the convention and Election Day.  It's not looking good for my predictive capabilities.  

Old lady:  “My sister is on that plane. I put a curse on that plane that it's gonna explode, burn on fire and fall into the sea. Fifty years ago, she stole a man from me…. Today, she tells me that she never loved him, that she took him to be strong on me."

Loretta remarks: "I don't believe in curses."

Old lady: “Heh, neither do I”

/Moonstruck

Well doesn’t look like bombing Toronto is our worst nightmare. Like I said he will do very dangerous things these next weeks and months and we will have to rely on constitutional loyalists even from his own corrupt ranks to save our country. Scary times indeed.

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

this is where i'm at.

i'm having the opposite reaction these days.  seeing trump's support crater is making me feel like we are just super dialed into all the inside baseball side of this so we can see what is happening earlier.  most of the population doesn't really care about politics, so only gets it occasionally.  but they can get it eventually, and now that it is crunch time, they are starting to get it more because they need to.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i'm having the opposite reaction these days.  seeing trump's support crater is making me feel like we are just super dialed into all the inside baseball side of this so we can see what is happening earlier.  most of the population doesn't really care about politics, so only gets it occasionally.  but they can get it eventually, and now that it is crunch time, they are starting to get it more because they need to.  

i applaud your positivity. i think we're terminally ill.

• Hook 'Em 1

they wanna hug me and they wanna kiss me, and they do" -- Trump on now suggesting Gold Start families gave him coronavirus

they don't even wait. And when it's a gold star family, you have to let them do it. They can do anything. Grab you by the pussy. They can do anything.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I know that.  But surely at some point, behind the scenes, Bill has had to have told him at least once, "You know we can't do this, right?  Even I can't do something like this.  This isn't the under the radar non-constitutional shit we usually pull, people are going to want to see the evidence behind an indictment of your opponent and a former U.S. President.  I mean, I can't just make up that kinda evidence.  It would need to be real, or at least somewhat real.  Something based in reality.  I can arrest all kinds of people for all kinds of crazy shit, but Joe Biden's lawyers are probably decent and they're probably gonna ask a couple of questions."  

"Bill, have you seen Girlbot's tweet?"

The way Trump's supporters think they're patriots while loudly denouncing everything about America that actual patriots fought and died for...

When you wrap yourself up in the flag, you eventually have to use the bathroom and you shit and piss all over it.