Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Trump is a moron, a bully, a narcissist, a sociopath, and a pathological liar. Any interviewer who lives in the realty-based community cannot help but come across as taking an adversarial position during an interview with this scumbag. Obama didn't spy on the Trump campaign. What are you expecting a reporter to do when faced with an outright lie like that? Laugh it off?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I just watched the whole 60 minutes episode.  I hate Trump, but I will say I thought Leslie was overly combative and baiting.  Especially in contrast to Norah’s interview with Biden.  She could have asked the questions in a less condescending way.  Unfortunately it adds legitimacy to his fake news narrative.   

He was defensive and lying from the jump.

Do you honestly think she should get down and blow him like Hannity?

There was nothing unfair in the way she handled the interview.  That was a great opportunity for him and he proved for the millionth time he cannot handle it.

I honestly read your statement and I’m like, wtf did this guy see that I didn’t.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

if this is your opinion, then his bullshit schtick is working on you. this is exactly why he’s combative and attacks the free press. get it together dude, we’re a week out. 

Y'all should give sbbruin a break, he is a recovering republican. Stahl takes her job seriously. It triggers him, but it was obvious he was going to pick a fight because he doesn't have straight up answers to the questions that are acceptable. So he created a distraction,, declared the game he would lose unfair and picked up his ball and went home. I never liked playing with that kid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Everything Trump says is a lie. From hyperbolic fantasy to gaslighting narcissism. Of course the interviewer seemed combative, their job is to ask questions and discover the truth. 

They asked Biden if he was mentally all there. If his answer was I’m the smartest president that perhaps ever lived, and I take magic beans that make me younger and smarter. The reporter would seem a little combative when she says that’s not true. Especially if Biden then said you’re lying, you always lie. 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Hook 'Em 9

7 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I just watched the whole 60 minutes episode.  I hate Trump, but I will say I thought Leslie was overly combative and baiting.  Especially in contrast to Norah’s interview with Biden.  She could have asked the questions in a less condescending way.  Unfortunately it adds legitimacy to his fake news narrative.   

absolutely fucking not no way GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

I sort of agree with Bruin. She cut him off before he even got started a few times and was a bit badger-y. Moreso than the Biden interview. But two things.. she didn't interview Joe. And I don't really give a shit because Trump is an asshole and he deserves to be treated like a child. Fuck him.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I sort of agree with Bruin. She cut him off before he even got started a few times and was a bit badger-y. Moreso than the Biden interview. But two things.. she didn't interview Joe. And I don't really give a shit because Trump is an asshole and he deserves to be treated like a child. Fuck him.

That has zero to do w/ "fake news", though.  She didn't lie about anything, dotard, on the other hand, was lying his ass off.....as always. 

Sbbruin's take just reinforces what Obama said. If Leslie Stahl is so mean she makes you run away then you're too much of a pussy to be President. 
And she wasn't mean. That's just laughable. Not even close to hostile.
That's right. And the fact that he was already whining and crying about Stahl prepping him with "I'm going to ask tough questions* shows that he was going to act like a baby no matter what.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Sbbruin's take just reinforces what Obama said. If Leslie Stahl is so mean she makes you run away then you're too much of a pussy to be President. 

And she wasn't mean. That's just laughable. Not even close to hostile.

I agree. As someone who regularly watched males talk over and around women in groups, Stahl handles it less by interrupting IMO and more by interjecting. They aren't quite the same thing. It's almost as if we weren't having debates where people had to have mic control in the hands of a moderator in the not so distant past. An interview is also on a tight schedule and the clock is ticking. I believe Stahl knew he was going to try his usual bs and run down the clock strategy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Poor, misunderstood, Donny. It's unfair how he's treated by the media. It's a disgrace, really. It's shameful. When he's done more for everyone in America than anyone in history, like you wouldn't believe, like has never been seen before. 

It's tedious and exhausting but don't allow yourself to become numb to his bullshit. He's a wretched piece of shit who has been treated way more kindly by the media than he deserves. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5. There is a $50m debt to Chicago Unit Acquisition Trust, secured against the Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago  This debt is mysterious. The trust is a corporation owned by DJT Holdings LLC — that is, Donald J Trump. Mr Trump appears to owe the money to himself. Asked about this unusual arrangement by The New York Times in 2016, Mr Trump said: “I have the mortgage. That is all there is. Very simple. I am the bank.” But he is the debtor, too, and it is not a typical mortgage; it is a “springing loan”, meaning it only comes due under specific conditions — typically a credit event such as a decline in credit rating. It has been suggested that this arrangement could be part of a tax avoidance strategy.

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

So what would be the most harmful action he could take to sink the stock market right after Biden is declared the winner?

Fire Jerome Powell, and install a tight money enthusiast. Then use the new federal employee EO to fire half the federal workforce. 

I think Stahl told Trump it was going to be tough questions because she knows his tactics of discrediting media that shows him in a negative light. She even brought it up in the interview. I think she was telling him she wasn't going to take his shit like this was a Fox News interview.

I chuckle at people saying Biden had it easier. Norah O'Donnell looked like she wasn't taking any shit. She wasn't fawning over Kamala and Biden like the right always seems to think the media does. She took Republican talking points and put them on a highly watched mainstream news program. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

El Paso would like a word with the President regarding COVID, COVID, COVID. So would some other places.

Also, if there is any "taping," to be done (instead of tapping), I have some suggestions of where to apply it Mr. President.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I think Stahl told Trump it was going to be tough questions because she knows his tactics of discrediting media that shows him in a negative light. She even brought it up in the interview. I think she was telling him she wasn't going to take his shit like this was a Fox News interview.

I chuckle at people saying Biden had it easier. Norah O'Donnell looked like she wasn't taking any shit. She wasn't fawning over Kamala and Biden like the right always seems to think the media does. She took Republican talking points and put them on a highly watched mainstream news program. 

No kidding about O'Donnell. Her questions were very to the point.

16 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

So what would be the most harmful action he could take to sink the stock market right after Biden is declared the winner?

14 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Declare he won't be stepping aside for a peaceful transfer of power would be one action, I'd think. 

Plus declare martial law.

10 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Fire Jerome Powell, and install a tight money enthusiast. Then use the new federal employee EO to fire half the federal workforce. 

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Nuke Seattle. 

In typical Trump fashion of A la Carte Chaos, he will perhaps try all or any of them in no particular order because that's on brand for him.

1 hour ago, Chet Steadman said:

Trump knew before he even sat down in the chair with Leslie that he was going to walk the interview.  

Well, yeah. You don't come prepared for your lackey to ceremoniously hand over a really heavy prop like his healthcare plan otherwise.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

They also fact-checked and refuted 2 statements that Biden made in post production. One was about the cost of community college for all and I believe the other was about his tax rate on people making 400K and over. And Harris looked anxious and flummoxed when the line of questioning turned to her voting record in the senate.

The idea that this interview was a cake walk for the Dems is absurd, and Trump is a total clownpussy for walking out.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

When a known liar is obviously lying or gaslighting, you don't interview that person the same way you do someone that isn't a known liar that is obviously lying.  Norah's interview with Biden is different because the interviewees are different.  Johnathan Swan's interview with Trump was similar to Stahl's, because that's the only way to cut through Trump's bullshit.  When he lies, confront it.  Ask follow-ups that expose his false positions.  His goal is to take an easy interview and run all over it with bullshit.  She didn't let him do it.  She told you early in the interview where the fake news narrative comes from.  His goal from the beginning was to delegitimize journalists so they believe trump over the truth.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

this guy.....  Hey, if you don't want the media talking covid, covid, covid, solve the fucking covid problem!

it's like my kid getting pissed that i am badgering him about missing/late homework. If you don't want me badgering you,  then complete your homework on time.

Trump is a child.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Covid cases may hit an all-time high in the US and he's still running out the hoax line.

He is upping the "rounding the corner" narrative, just as the US is hitting record daily cases.

and then whines when the reality being reported doesnt match his rhetoric.

It's not a reality based Presidency.

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Trump has purposely sabotaged every media opportunity he's had recently, starting with the first debate. 

He's running on the media being the "enemy of the people". He's trying to reinforce that in the last few weeks. For the love of fuck, please don't let it work on you.

People should form their views on the media (and everything else) 100% independent of Donald Trump.

12 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

We (evidently) have become such a pussified country that we think an interview, maybe hard-hitting, maybe not, is not only combative but OVERLY combative? 

Trump's dipshit pussiness has rubbed off on a lot of people, it seems. 

Our president can't handle a tough question from a female reporter. Whatever shall we do?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

People should form their views on the media (and everything else) 100% independent of Donald Trump.

yeah, he is on record with Stahl in 2016 (and she referenced it in the interview) saying that Trump goes out of his to discredit the media every chance he gets so that when they say (true) bad thing about him, it's fake news and maybe people won't believe it.

Trump was president.  The buck stops there and he should face the tough questions about what happened in the previous 3 years and what is happening now.  Should Stahl bat her eyes and ask what's it like to so have so many people cheering for him at the rallies?