Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Burned to the ground.  The ashes scattered to the wind.  And then salt the earth.

That family needs to have zero viable future in American public life.  Let them go be fucking kings of Kazakhstan, but you're done here.

What do you have against Kazakhstan? They can be kings of the newly constituted nation of Oklahoma 

It happens. For example, it was pretty amazing how similar my signature and my mom's signature were during junior high report card time.
When my mom finally did sign a report card the school admins thought it was the fake
  • Like 3

Has Trump claimed that he knows more about stopping the spread of contagious diseases than anybody else on the planet, yet? Because he clearly does.

President Donald Trump suggested during an interview on Fox News Wednesday that many people with mild coronavirus symptoms could still go to work and get better. This goes against advice from medical professionals around the world who say that infected individuals should remain in isolation.

“A lot of people will have this and it’s very mild. They’ll get better very rapidly. They don’t even see a doctor, they don’t even call a doctor. You never hear about those people,” Trump told Fox News host Sean Hannity. “So you can’t put them down in the category of the overall population in terms of this corona flu and or virus. So you just can’t do that. So, if you know, we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work. Some of them go to work, but they get better.”

7 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Has Trump claimed that he knows more about stopping the spread of contagious diseases than anybody else on the planet, yet? Because he clearly does.

I did see where he also said a vaccine was only 3 to 4 months away, and had to be immediately corrected by someone from the CDC who said a deployable vaccine is at least a year and a half away.

So in other words, he's just lying and making up shit like always.

43 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Vulnerable people will die because of this moron President and Fox News. Telling people to go to work sick is just mind numbingly stupid stuff

But people have to do it every day. No one working a minimum wage job will be self-quarantining if they feel a little ill.

But people have to do it every day. No one working a minimum wage job will be self-quarantining if they feel a little ill.
Right but now you're going to have random middle class Trumptard cube drones out there thinking "IT'S JUST A MILD CASE OF COORONAVARRUS. TRUMP SAID SO. I AIN'T NO LIBTARD FAGGOT. IM GOING IN!"

2 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

It's a good thing that paid sick time is wide spread in the food industry. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

His words, amplified by Fox, will result in more people doing so. More infections will result in more deaths. But don’t worry, we aren’t testing people so maybe their deaths won’t count

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Vulnerable people will die because of this moron President and Fox News. Telling people to go to work sick is just mind numbingly stupid stuff

The bitch at the end of this video who "doesn't believe anything the Democrats say" should be the poster child for these dumbfucks dying.  Admit her to the hospital with symptoms, then refuse to treat her because, "well...you don't have anything, according to you."

6 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

His words, amplified by Fox, will result in more people doing so. More infections will result in more deaths. But don’t worry, we aren’t testing people so maybe their deaths won’t count

Oh, we'll count those deaths...but not as Covid19.  We're going to resurrect some oldies but goodies, and categorize them as Rising of the Lights, Dropsy, Surfet, and "Suddenly."

EQregWnU4AAjWqK?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 3

I still find that being "prest to death" after you've been executed is just cruel and unusual, the mark of a society in decline.  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I still find that being "prest to death" after you've been executed is just cruel and unusual, the mark of a society in decline.  

I like how the comma implies a pause -- "Executed [pause] and prest to death."

"Has he been executed?"  "Yes sir, it's done."

"Very well then.  Now....he shall be prest to death!"

23 minutes ago, Gooby said:

The bitch at the end of this video who "doesn't believe anything the Democrats say" should be the poster child for these dumbfucks dying.  Admit her to the hospital with symptoms, then refuse to treat her because, "well...you don't have anything, according to you."

guess zavala or emaw or whichever sock is on duty at this moment will need to point out that ol' donny didn't call coronavirus a hoax, just the media reporting of it

Edited by elfenix

1 hour ago, DigDug said:

I did see where he also said a vaccine was only 3 to 4 months away, and had to be immediately corrected by someone from the CDC who said a deployable vaccine is at least a year and a half away.

And as is shown with the lady in the video of the other post, I would bet that when a deployable vaccine is ready all the members of his following solar temple won't take it anyway.

You know because of dear leader saying all the numbers are wrong and it being a hoax and all.

Just a hunch.

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Our history books are going to be so weird. 

"Wait, they did what?"

"Yeah."

"But. Um, why?"

"You got me."

Yeah....it's pretty much going to be a chapter of all the shit that happened, with a closing of:

"As to what the fuck actually happened and why....."

giphy.gif

In a series of videos actually released by the White House, Trump can be seen getting increasingly more confused by the experts in the room, who are patiently trying to explain very very basic concepts to the president.

During one segment, he seems incapable of understanding how long it actually takes to formulate a vaccine, repeatedly suggesting "a couple months" should be the timeframe, because he "likes that better" than the actual realistic year-and-a-half estimate he's given.

He keeps going on and on about this among awkward laughter from people who understand that science doesn't actually bow to Trump's whims. It only stops when an advisor explains:

Vaccines have to be tested because there's precedent for vaccines actually making diseases worse.

You don't want to rush and treat a million people and find out you're making 900,000 of them worse.

Trump's response? A baffling "that's a good idea". (Good idea to rush and screw it up? Good idea to mention this? WHAT??)

But perhaps the weirdest of all was when he thought that he – a mediocre business person – may have come up with the solution to a complex global pandemic which no medical professional could ever have thought of:

You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that would have an impact? Or much of an impact? On corona?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medical/experts-baffled-as-trump-asks-why-they-cant-just-use-flu-vaccines-to-prevent-coronavirus/ar-BB10GvWI?ocid=sf&fbclid=IwAR3fdxgCaEQB5cw8eBq1_Oq8zSfSnxPEoTxF-lXz469Tio1wXycgcGmRIeg#image=1

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

In a series of videos actually released by the White House, Trump can be seen getting increasingly more confused by the experts in the room, who are patiently trying to explain very very basic concepts to the president.

During one segment, he seems incapable of understanding how long it actually takes to formulate a vaccine, repeatedly suggesting "a couple months" should be the timeframe, because he "likes that better" than the actual realistic year-and-a-half estimate he's given.

He keeps going on and on about this among awkward laughter from people who understand that science doesn't actually bow to Trump's whims. It only stops when an advisor explains:

Vaccines have to be tested because there's precedent for vaccines actually making diseases worse.

You don't want to rush and treat a million people and find out you're making 900,000 of them worse.

Trump's response? A baffling "that's a good idea". (Good idea to rush and screw it up? Good idea to mention this? WHAT??)

But perhaps the weirdest of all was when he thought that he – a mediocre business person – may have come up with the solution to a complex global pandemic which no medical professional could ever have thought of:

You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that would have an impact? Or much of an impact? On corona?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medical/experts-baffled-as-trump-asks-why-they-cant-just-use-flu-vaccines-to-prevent-coronavirus/ar-BB10GvWI?ocid=sf&fbclid=IwAR3fdxgCaEQB5cw8eBq1_Oq8zSfSnxPEoTxF-lXz469Tio1wXycgcGmRIeg#image=1

And that millions of people actually look at that man and think he is a symbol of truth and guidance.  It will never not be baffling.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

honestly, the best part is that the white house thought that these videos actually made the president look good and released them to the public.

I like his idea to base the corona vaccine on the flu vaccine.  It reminds me of that SNL sketch with Steve Martin in the 90’s where he’s a ‘Doctor’ in the dark ages.  Anybody remember that one?

16 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

honestly, the best part is that the white house thought that these videos actually made the president look good and released them to the public.

You can always tell he's either out of his depth or doesn't like the way the conversation is going when he folds his arms and looks like a little kid being told he couldn't have more screen time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SameSame said:

And as is shown with the lady in the video of the other post, I would bet that when a deployable vaccine is ready all the members of his following solar temple won't take it anyway.

You know because of dear leader saying all the numbers are wrong and it being a hoax and all.

Just a hunch.

I sure hope you're right.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

The instrument of torture for “pressing” was the “Scavenger’s Daughter”. Saw one this week at the Tower of London. Usually beheadings there, but hey, boredom. 
spacer.png

Just now, mdmost said:

You can always tell he's either out of his depth or doesn't like the way the conversation is going when he folds his arms and looks like a little kid being told he couldn't have more screen time. 

The guy left the press conference on Saturday before it was over.  The only thing he's interested in is hearing about how great he is.

3 hours ago, DigDug said:

Did he have that person replaced for contradicting him?

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

"Wait, they did what?"

"Yeah."

"But. Um, why?"

"You got me."

You're assuming that in the future, Americans can read.  

Edited by Mdhorn

21 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I like his idea to base the corona vaccine on the flu vaccine.  It reminds me of that SNL sketch with Steve Martin in the 90’s where he’s a ‘Doctor’ in the dark ages.  Anybody remember that one?

And here's something I'd like to see more discussion on:  This isn't a flu virus.  It's a mutation of a virus that causes some colds.  There have been vaccines to different flu strains.  I don't know of any vaccines to colds.  Is that because the flu is generally worse, and therefore there is a better reason to develop and deploy a flu virus, or is it because the cold virus is a harder thing to tackle?  

Apparently scientists were close to developing a SARS vaccine (a different type of coronavirus), but when containment proved effective, the research stopped.  Similar deal with MERS. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

and when our grandchildren ask what we did to stop it, we'll lean back in our chair, smile, and say, "well, i posted a lot of strongly worded thoughts on a texas longhorn message board."

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, we'll count those deaths...but not as Covid19.  We're going to resurrect some oldies but goodies, and categorize them as Rising of the Lights, Dropsy, Surfet, and "Suddenly."

EQregWnU4AAjWqK?format=jpg&name=4096x409

i've had the fistula one...it's legit.

i eventually married her.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

and when our grandchildren ask what we did to stop it, we'll lean back in our chair, smile, and say, "well, i posted a lot of strongly worded thoughts on a texas longhorn message board."

What starts here changes the world 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Not enough respek on his name.

Edited by TheStoicPaisano

26 minutes ago, Tuco said:

And here's something I'd like to see more discussion on:  This isn't a flu virus.  It's a mutation of a virus that causes some colds.  There have been vaccines to different flu strains.  I don't know of any vaccines to colds.  Is that because the flu is generally worse, and therefore there is a better reason to develop and deploy a flu virus, or is it because the cold virus is a harder thing to tackle?  

Apparently scientists were close to developing a SARS vaccine (a different type of coronavirus), but when containment proved effective, the research stopped.  Similar deal with MERS. 

Frequently more than one virus is present.[35] In total over 200 viral types are associated with colds.[3]

you'd need a lot of different vaccines, and, considering the low rate of severe illness from colds, i'm guessing the complication rate from a vaccine may actually be higher, which shades against vaccination.

Edited by elfenix

Somebody wake me for the press conference announcing that Jenny McCarthy is coming on board to solve the coronavirus vaccination issue.

My bad, not the 90's...1978.  Was way off.  When he tells the mother that 50 years ago they'd have thought her daughter's illness was caused by demonic possession, but that now they know better-her sickness is due to an angry toad or small dwarf living in her stomach.....that's about the vibe I get from Pence.  

If only there was a state that Trump could visit on the regular, populated almost entirely by those most susceptible to covid-19.  if only...

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

because he's standing up to all the libtards and their "science".

very on-brand.

• Like 1