Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

57 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

to be clear, he lost the election and Russia likely helped him inch out a win 

The clarity is debatable, but even if Trump lost the election by a close margin, the collective stupid and successful manipulation of stupid is still staggering. And the sequel's just 8 months away!

I for one welcome our coronavirus overlords.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Brandywine said:

He is so over his head with this thing. All he knows how to do his run for President. Beyond that he’s blowing smoke trying to sound and act like he knows what he’s doing. 

I’m at the point where I’m pretty sure this could be applied to the entire human race. Minus the running for president part. 

Today the President will be heading over to the Conservative Political Action Conference, better known as CPAC, to entertain the crowds. I'm sure he is looking forward to it after this week of contagion and markets. First his adoring crowd at last night's rally in Charleston and now more cheers among his supporters at CPAC.

Was perusing the transcript from his rally last night, and ran across some of his comments towards his Democratic opponents. Per usual, he trashed just about everyone, but since I'm a Warren supporter I took special notice of his reference to her:

"Look Pocahontas. We can forget about her Pocahontas. I came out with that name far too early because those burning embers they got. You know little lands. You got so horrible to people and they said you know she's, not dumb, but she's. Just so damn mean we can't vote for she's a mean one. She is mean so Pocahontas."

I grew up in Oklahoma, and it has a complicated tortured history (like most states do if you know ALL the history of ALL the peoples) but damn, if he wins that state and he probably will, I'm not going to ever regret leaving.

Moving on, if I understood this correct (the transcript is a first draft and I didn't feel like watching the video) I think here the President is encouraging Republicans to vote in the Democratic Primary (if their state allows it):

"I assume Lindsey Tim, our great Congressman are we allowed to do so? Am I allowed to request? First, we have to figure out who would be the weakest candidate against President and then, if it's legal, I always say if it's permissible by law, because they have so many little booby traps. But they only like getting the Republicans Democrats skirt right, but we'll see what happens about that. Are we allowed to tell them who we would like them to vote for, because you're allowed to skip right so wait a minute?"

There's a lot more, including a crazy story with respect to Van Jones, Al Sharpton, and the First Lady, but today is a busy day and unlike the President I can schedule multiple tasks and events on the same day.

As an adjunct to @BrickHorn's marketing campaign, here are a couple of fun facts about the S&P 500 growth rates during the Obama and Trump administrations:

Obama:  CAGR = 13.8%

Trump:  CAGR = 8.9%

Downside is anyone who is remotely considering a vote for Trump is too dumb to understand compound growth rates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

As an adjunct to @BrickHorn's marketing campaign, here are a couple of fun facts about the S&P 500 growth rates during the Obama and Trump administrations:

Obama:  CAGR = 13.8%

Trump:  CAGR = 8.9%

Downside is anyone who is remotely considering a vote for Trump is too dumb to understand compound growth rates.

That’s what they tell me is the Trump Contraction.  Everywhere you go, people are talking about the Trump Contraction.  

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

My mother in law, who's mostly apolitical, keeps saying his mannerisms remind her of Benito Mussolini.

I think she has a valid point and there was a wordplay in there I couldn't come up with.

Il Douchey.  Works pretty well.

The comparison isn't original but is accurate. Il Douche has been frequently used on this board. I think it's a Brisketism.

Trump can barely make it through a prepared statement and reads at a third grade level at best.  This is what Republicans proudly present as the best of its party.  They are complete and utter frauds, never do the right thing, and should be removed from of every position of authority in this country.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

The comparison isn't original but is accurate. Il Douche has been frequently used on this board. I think it's a Brisketism.

I figured neither one was particularly original.  Couldn't remember seeing the comparison or the term here, though.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

I figured neither one was particularly original.  Couldn't remember seeing the comparison or the term here, though.

I think both "Il douche" and "Cheeto Benito" instantly sprang to mind in anyone paying attention the first time he stuck his chin out, spouted some bullshit, then started nodding agreement with himself.

9 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I think both "Il douche" and "Cheeto Benito" instantly sprang to mind in anyone paying attention the first time he stuck his chin out, spouted some bullshit, then started nodding agreement with himself.

Mango Mussolini is also acceptable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2020 at 3:20 PM, henrygandorf said:

yesterday, there was a story about how kristy swanson and dean cain will be doing a live theater production acting out the trump-centric text conversation between two former fbi employees.  this was a story that sounded so stupid, that many on here, me included, just assumed it was a joke.  it's not a joke.  this story was glossed over so quickly because of the current state of this administration.

i understand that hundreds of years ago, kings or emperors would summon actors or jesters to act out plays for their viewing pleasure, but have we ever seen anything like this in modern american presidential history?

i know the coronavirus is bad, but i feel like more people need to know about this.  god willing, there will be video.

Sadly, there is. It’s unwatchable.

Edited by yoladu

"I love you Baby"?????

Somebody go dig up Telly Savalas' body and have it whoop Trump's ass.  

I told a Trump supporter last night, after a few drinks, that I heard due to Trump's connections to Atlantic City, that his presidential library will be built at the University of New Jersey.  He completely believed it and seemed pleased it would have a proper home.  I think he realized I was full of shit when I added, "It's a small school though, they don't even have a basketball team."  And I did it Prince Hakeem's voice.  Couldn't help myself.

And how come those two little trolls Wilbur Ross & Mick Mulvaney never get shit from Trump for being under 5'7"?  

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The man is complete idiot. Prefect person for his base, they can relate to him 

I mean, if this idiot and multi-time failure  can be a billionaire.... how isn’t that an uplifting message for the mass of idiots who have nothing but failure in their past.

I’m serious. He the great-deplorable-hope.

44 minutes ago, Lobo said:

"I love you Baby"?????

Somebody go dig up Telly Savalas' body and have it whoop Trump's ass.  

I told a Trump supporter last night, after a few drinks, that I heard due to Trump's connections to Atlantic City, that his presidential library will be built at the University of New Jersey.  He completely believed it and seemed pleased it would have a proper home.  I think he realized I was full of shit when I added, "It's a small school though, they don't even have a basketball team."  And I did it Prince Hakeem's voice.  Couldn't help myself.

And how come those two little trolls Wilbur Ross & Mick Mulvaney never get shit from Trump for being under 5'7"?  

putin is also like 5'6".  probably shorter in reality.

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

I mean, if this idiot and multi-time failure  can be a billionaire.... how isn’t that an uplifting message for the mass of idiots who have nothing but failure in their past.

I’m serious. He the great-deplorable-hope.

1) DoTArD is not a billioaire.

2) He made his money the ol' fashioned way-- he inherited it, then squandered it, then got bailed out by Russia laundering money through corrupt European banks.

3) Unless they are already rich, the Magats and Deplorables aren't ever going to be rich. You can live off of SS and fraudulent disability checks, but you can't get rich off them.

Of course the Magats and Deplorables are too fucking stupid to understand any of that.

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

1) DoTArD is not a billioaire.

2) He made his money the ol' fashioned way-- he inherited it, then squandered it, then got bailed out by Russia laundering money through corrupt European banks.

3) Unless they are already rich, the Magats and Deplorables aren't ever going to be rich. You can live off of SS and fraudulent disability checks, but you can't get rich off them.

Of course the Magats and Deplorables are too fucking stupid to understand any of that.

Trump is only as rich/wealthy as Putin allows him to be. He is completely owned by him and anyone who can’t see that is a dumbfuck fool.

Uh that should be kind of a big deal.  They already have their state run cable tv network and now they are going after a digital propaganda machine.  Facebook would be bigger because of their target demographic, but if they can weaponize twitter, I foresee bad things.

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Like 1

Anybody have a Cap Table for Twitter readily available?  It'll be easy in 24 hours, but right now can't find anything reliable.  

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Without looking it up, I'm going to guess they're under fire for refusing to serve a certain type of people.

I looked it up.  They are latino restaurant owners who were spotted at one of the cult rallies and it got out on social media and people are being mean to them because they support a fascist.  Sorry, not sorry.