Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

Who tries to understand a possum? Last week during all the rain I passed a possum sitting in the middle of the road, soaking wet. Had a look of I'm ready to end it all on his face. He was still there when I came back, still alive, still sitting in the exact same spot. Next morning, he was still there, smashed to shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Cody2422 said:

Who tries to understand a possum? Last week during all the rain I passed a possum sitting in the middle of the road, soaking wet. Had a look of I'm ready to end it all on his face. He was still there when I came back, still alive, still sitting in the exact same spot. Next morning, he was still there, smashed to shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shame all those eggs were lost in that accident.

Edited by PhillyD

• 1 month later...

There is an extra long thread going on in our Nextdoor on outrageous rental prices and people getting priced out of the neighborhood.  There is post after post about how landlord's should lower rents as a gesture of humanity and kindness to fellow man.  What they fail to grasp is they are asking landlord's to essentially write a subsidy check to that person each and every month.  The few people who have tried to inject rationality into the conversation (myself included) are abruptly shouted down.  People believe they have an inalienable right to live affordably in this neighborhood irrespective of what the market dictates.  It is both sad and comical.

32 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

There is an extra long thread going on in our Nextdoor on outrageous rental prices and people getting priced out of the neighborhood.  There is post after post about how landlord's should lower rents as a gesture of humanity and kindness to fellow man.  What they fail to grasp is they are asking landlord's to essentially write a subsidy check to that person each and every month.  The few people who have tried to inject rationality into the conversation (myself included) are abruptly shouted down.  People believe they have an inalienable right to live affordably in this neighborhood irrespective of what the market dictates.  It is both sad and comical.

Don’t take that sound reasoning to the Cloak Room either. Same echo chamber only with more Priuses.

• Like 7
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Player said:

266a58b46c60a26358144168f53e3e0e.jpg

5 MPH my ass.    a bumper is designed to handle a 5 mph hit and only the bumper gets destroyed.  they were going at least 10-15

5 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

California gonna California.  but have no fear, all the transplants from Cali that invaded Austin are now trying to say the same shit about lease rates for businesses in austin. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

JTC....

i mean, we had a small glass of wine with any formal meal (thanksgiving, Christmas, etc) from the time I was about 8 on up as it was customary.   But you can be sure as shit that my folks didn’t ask the opinion of the masses 

Edited by Trey3216

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

JTC....

i mean, we had a small glass of wine with any formal meal (thanksgiving, Christmas, etc) from the time I was about 8 on up as it was customary.   But you can be sure as shit that my folks didn’t ask the opinion of the masses 

you left out the relevant information are you circumcised or not.....asking for a friend with the ghey

• Like 2

On 12/4/2018 at 11:19 AM, deft said:

I think we’re gonna need some screenshots.

My screenshot game sucks. Grabs too much info.  But these are posts:

Bottom line is. Todays rent prices are so out of control that 83% of residents are guaranteed to be forced out or homeless. Nothing costs so much that a 1 bedroom should be 1700-2000 plus per month, this is just greedy. I see rooms for rent for 1000 up to 3000, this is just out of line and greedy. Some of us are great people that just need a fair and reasonable rent and help.

Some of the properties i have seen are so tiny and worth 500 to 700 per month but some ppl are just out for money, and yes.. some are worth more. But 99% of the over price of rent is causing homelessness and suicides due to homelessness.

The incentive of profit is what makes the world go round. You can call it greed or avarice or what ever you want but without it there would be no civilization.

The only reason this mortgage/rental problem exists is because wages cannot keep up with our living expenses. Landlords are not the only greedy ones in the capitalism game. Corporations and Shareholders have a stake in the demise of the middle class. They are creating a society of the Haves and the Have Nots. So, the rich or 1% expect the 99% to work two or more jobs just to pay their mortgages and taxes. And, the 1% is going to be mad when they priced everyone out of the market or the state and their property is vacant for months. How will they pay their expenses then? And, then they are really going to be in a pickle when they build the wall and then all the California agriculture that feeds 80% of America goes unpicked and dies on the vine.Computers and AI can’t do everything. They are really going to flip their lid when their houses don’t get cleaned, landscaping and pools don’t get cleaned, and nobody is around to clean their houses, and care for their kids because they are too lazy and greedy to do it themselves. The upper crust is going to be in for a rude awakening when the housing bubble arrives, which will be soon because the economic fundamentals look like 2007-08 all over again. But, those who own their properties outright will be able to weather the storm. The greedy ones will probably be stressed out from their greed or short selling and foreclosing again. So, renters if you can continue to save for the bubble because RE is cyclical like the stock market what goes up will fall down now is the time to prepare for the FALL. Then, the Upoer Crust will be wearing the shoes of the middle class, and the 99% will say do you have any cheese to go with your whine......

The thing about Altadena is it is made up of several distinct neighborhoods.  And they range from lots of poors to lots of 1%ers.  So Nextdoor elicits a lot of class warfare.  Thank god I'm not part of the unwashed masses.  We may need a wall to divide our town.

On 12/5/2018 at 6:36 AM, crash_davis said:

this perfectly describes one of the biggest issues in Austin.  new money Austin vs some mythical old Austin that some people cling to.

i won't post the comments but they are what you expect.  about 3/4 of the comments supporting the lady's freedom of expression, keep austin weird and 1/4 sympathizing with the dude but saying there's not much he can do about it.  most suggest he talk to lady again.

21bmxs3.jpg

2dagivn.png

Please tell me he’s married to a Margo.  

Boy, this first reply started a real shitshow.

Around 11:30am 12/5, this guy came into my backyard without knocking on front door. He then closed the yard door after coming in. He proceeded to walking and looking around my backyard. When I confronted him, he said he was delivering lunch, but he never knocked on front or back door. He was driving a white minivan, there was a woman in the van. As soon as she saw me, she yelled out that this is the wrong address. My neighbor has "Ring" on his door and this same guy also went to his place around the same time, and walked away as soon as he realized there is a camera there. See his picture via link here.

Please don’t do that ever again! You are brave, but that guy could have killed you and then gone in your house to kill anyone else that was home. Call the Sheriff and let them do their job or yell from 30’ away that the cops are on the way. Thank you for sending the Ring Video, too. So many ‘unknowns’ are crossing our border - 90k while the Caravan was in process. We do not know who we are dealing with. I hope the rest of your day was better. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year & Holidays💥

Something triggered me about "empty nesters" looking on Nextdoor for temporary 5,000 sq.ft. rent house for the 2 years they are building their McMansion over a tear down:

"Need A Lease House

My husband and I are empty nesters needing a lease house for 16 months -2 years as we rebuild our home. Ready to sign a lease!!
Need at least 5,000 sq ft... No Pets! No smoking! Looking for at least 4 bed / 4bath."

• Haha 1

Had a good one last night. Going to bed and my wife just happens to check Nextdoor minutes after someone three houses down posts in a panic that they 'had an intruder at their backyard gate spray their dogs with pepper spray!' She said it smelled like 'gun powder' which I thought was strange, but I've never smelled pepper spray so what do I know? She says she had called the police to investigate. This was around midnight. I check our doors/alarm, make sure my gun is ready to blast any would be intruders, and go to sleep.

This morning I wake up and check to see if there are any updates. 'False alarm, it was a skunk'.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2018 at 3:57 PM, woohorn said:

Something triggered me about "empty nesters" looking on Nextdoor for temporary 5,000 sq.ft. rent house for the 2 years they are building their McMansion over a tear down:

"Need A Lease House

My husband and I are empty nesters needing a lease house for 16 months -2 years as we rebuild our home. Ready to sign a lease!!
Need at least 5,000 sq ft... No Pets! No smoking! Looking for at least 4 bed / 4bath."

awesome humble brag.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Somebody asked if all the helicopter activity yesterday in central Austin was a police action that we should be worried about.

Changing of the Guard or Overton funeral as plausible explanations?   Nah, not for this crAzy broad.  Nope, she thinks it’s a fucking violation of her civil rights.  

Someone posted on mine this weekend about a suspicious man in a black truck going around the neighborhood with a flyer about his missing dog. She wanted to know if she should report it to 911. Turned into a shitshow when people misread it as "black man in a truck."

Some poor woman finally chimed in with, "That's my husband looking for our missing dog."

Lulz.

37 minutes ago, Deej said:

Someone posted on mine this weekend about a suspicious man in a black truck going around the neighborhood with a flyer about his missing dog. She wanted to know if she should report it to 911. Turned into a shitshow when people misread it as "black man in a truck."

Some poor woman finally chimed in with, "That's my husband looking for our missing dog."

Lulz.

Apparent massive lack of reading comprehension 

The clown hysteria that was going on a couple of years ago turned my Nextdoor feed into pure stupidity. One woman claimed a police officer "told her" that a "clown" was looking into a bedroom window of a house shared by two "older ladies." Because I just couldn't fucking help it I chimed in with, "Did he have a machete dripping with blood?" That started a shitshow. No fucks were given by me.

Edited by immortal13
  • Like 3