Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

No.  I received a legitimate prescription from a physician where I live for off label use of chloroquine.  The doc takes this bug and what's happening very seriously and understood the rationale we discussed and supported my request.  I got my scrip filled where I live.  I gave my elderly folks information and they approached their PCP who also understood the rationale and gave them a prescription to hold and to use ONLY in event they get sick with presumed coronavirus.  Yes there are potential side effects of and drug interactions with chloroquine and you should only take it with oversight from a physician.  I took 500mg/d for 5 days in a row last week starting on the first day I noticed my airways were getting constricted.  It seemed to halt the progression and 72 hours later I felt better.  So far my lungs haven't turned to glass and I seem ok.  I can't confirm yet whether I even had coronavirus.  But I'm in a regional hot spot, I had 3 nights of sweats and chills, restricted breathing, and had rapid onset heaviness down in the middle of my lungs/chest.  I had a single episode of diarrhea 2-3 days before the respiratory symptoms started, which one study out of China reports happened in 50% of cases of covid-19 in their study.  A thin watery nasal drip started about a day before the airways got involved.  I think I got it from my kid week before last who has also had upper airway and chest involvement that's just now clearing up . The classroom teacher fell out with sickness Tuesday last week, same time my symptoms ramped up.
Malaria prophylaxis is one tab (500mg) once per week.  So the dose being used in other countries for covid is notably higher.  It's also why the pharmacist was asking a lot of questions.  I had to visit and contact about 4 different pharmacies to find a small quantity.  When I got to final pharmacy they said they couldn't find it.  Supposedly finally found it in the "expired meds" bin.  Then couldn't fulfill it because I wasn't registered in their system.  It was like they were trying to find any reason to not fill it.  I was feeling the symptoms coming on and didn't have much patience for having to explain at that point.

Yeah, you didn’t have corinavirus.
  • Like 1

is there a place to post conspiracies/coincidences.  some are interesting if not hilarious.  but, this thread is definitely not the place.  i'm thinking CR?  examples: 

"Translate "covid" into Hebrew and then retranslate it back to English, you'll get "Kobe".

Where was Kobe buried?  Corona del Mar, California.

I know this is this is not the topic for this thread, but facinating coincidence none-the-less.  I'm not saying it's Aliens, but...

• Like 1

Just now, Hmmm said:

is there a place to post conspiracies/coincidences.  some are interesting if not hilarious.  but, this thread is definitely not the place.  i'm thinking CR?  examples: 

"Translate "covid" into Hebrew and then retranslate it back to English, you'll get "Kobe".

I know this is this is not the topic for this thread, but facinating coincidence none-the-less.  I'm not saying it's Aliens, but...

dan marino holy shit GIF

39 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Question for the docs @Newdoc @ChiTownDoc etc:

How can you tell if you’ve already had Covid 19? A couple hundred of my coworkers came back from our sales conference in Vegas last month with pretty similar symptoms. 

There’s no antibody panel developed specifically for Covid 19/SARS2 as far as I know (news from yesterday). We would look for acute and chronic immune globulins and antibody titers like we might for mono (Epstein Barr) or Hepatitis.

• Like 2

Wow. Got gas last Saturday at $1.75 and was happy. Just went out to fill up so the wife can take the 4-yr-old for her immunizations tomorrow. The crappy stations by my house were $1.99 and $1.89 so I went another mile down the road to the station that is usually cheaper - $1.34!!! Filled the tank for less than $20. I figured people staying home would lower prices as supply outweighs demand with everyone staying put, but I didn't expect it down that much.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Whatever you're doing is valuable. And on the OU topic - I just recently learned my dad's oldest brother went there for law. He's now the general consul at a pretty prominent regional bank. Y'all produce some good ones. At least, the ones that actually attend the university and apply themselves. 

hey lets not go overboard here.  they get lucky once in a while.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

So we called it West Nile Virus...Spanish flu, Zika, Ebola etc etc...but since the Chinese have been so good to us, we need to change so as not to hurt their communist bullshit feelings.  JFC

Any asshole running cover/propaganda for China in this country needs to be on the first plane to Wuhan with reservations at the wet market. Fucking cunts 

9 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

No but if you could post the font smaller that would be great 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

Welp, Los Angeles County superior court system (the nation's largest) is set to re-open its doors this coming Friday after being shuttered since yesterday.

It's going to be an absolute shit-show and I'll be there in the middle of it. Glad I've been quarantining with my family this whole time.  

Here in Canada, despite schools being closed etc court has been running essentially as usual up until now. While most people are working from home, while we're still working in courtrooms that are shoulder to shoulder in some cases. And courts do not tend to bring in healthy people in the first place. 

They finally made some changes at the end of the day today, but probably too late to prevent some our staff from getting infected imo. 

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

No but if you could post the font smaller that would be great 

dude, i tried that plaintext copy/paste suggestion upthread but it did not deliver.  next time i will post in bold, ALL CAPS, and with certain text highlighed in red, white, and blue.  with background colors, of course.  oh, and autoplay.  seems to be the new trend. 

Edited by Hmmm

10 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

The Chinese Olympic Rowing/Kayaking/Canoeing teams were training on the Brazos River in Waco from Nov14-Dec8.   Waco was the #2 tourist destination in America for the past 2 years thanks to Chip&JoJo.  Why not just drop a weaponized  off in the most unsuspecting place on earth right before Christmas then head home!   

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

The Chinese Olympic Rowing/Kayaking/Canoeing teams were training on the Brazos River in Waco from Nov14-Dec8.   Waco was the #2 tourist destination in America for the past 2 years thanks to Chip&JoJo.  Why not just drop a weaponized  off in the most unsuspecting place on earth right before Christmas then head home!   

HAVE YOU HEARD THE TOM HANKS GOLDEN GLOBE SPEECH AND MADE THE CONNECTION?  GET WOKE.

• Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

HAVE YOU HEARD THE TOM HANKS GOLDEN GLOBE SPEECH AND MADE THE CONNECTION?  GET WOKE.

From Golden Globe speech: "Sometimes it's 3 a.m., and sometimes it's 11 at night, in which you just have to somehow put it all together, have faith in what the process is, and go there." 

Well, guess about when he came out with CV?  UHHHHHUUH. 

- The Derel

*i don't buy into this but find it interesting and fascinatingly coincidental.  there's gotta be a more apropos thread for such topics and this certainly isn't one.

Edited by Hmmm

1 minute ago, Lhorn said:

The change in our workday from just 2.5 weeks ago is like night and day.  While there is a tremendous amount of angst, it's also been a revelation to see how the colleagues we've known and at times taken for granted for years have stepped up to take care of patients at risk of their own health.  Obviously nurses and doctors, but folks like transporters and folks who clean the rooms and deliver food go about their days, doing their jobs, often hands on with zero complaints.

Things like this make me optimistic for the US. Maybe we've gotten soft over the past however many decades, but there's still something inimitable about the United States. There's a chance it's simply dumb ignorance and blind patriotism made to look good in a very different light, but fuck me if we don't collectively, deep down, care about shit and rally together when it hits us in the face. All of these dumb, ignorant citizens that the media is parading around are a point of shame - but I'm still willing to give them a chance to reverse course and step up when it matters. 

• Like 3

This thing is like a blood clot.  It's clogging the flow of commerce. Unless we crater into mass illness, when the stores, and restaurants re open, the airlines began taking bookings, and business is free to pick up again we're going to see a tidal wave of activity.  

44 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

C&C music factory.gif

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

52 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

That’s Spanish for “virus of the sea”

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah that... doesn't seem that bad at all. Like a mild recession. 

24 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

This seems wildly optimistic, but I will take it.

yeah that is way optimistic.  Unemployment will be over 10 mid year.  I'm surprised they show the bounce back in Q3.  in business everything is always 6 months away(too far for anyone to argue otherwise and near enough to sound like you know what you are talking about).

certainly would consider that there isn't a covid19 comeback spike in October/Nov.

53 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

There’s no antibody panel developed specifically for Covid 19/SARS2 as far as I know (news from yesterday). We would look for acute and chronic immune globulins and antibody titers like we might for mono (Epstein Barr) or Hepatitis.

Tell me more about the titers...slowly

• Haha 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away