Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

So they are testing all the residents at the Masonic Lodge in Arlington where a resident died from it but aren’t testing the paramedics that worked on him before he died.
Wtf?
One of the paramedics used to post on Surly. I won’t say who, but he was known.
He’s so pissed right now.
Hopefully their union gets involved.

• Like 2

Check this out:

a673d55dddcdfdf1bb2523beb19acd29.jpga0d433556d2cd0ebb187da0eacc0acc7.jpgd235c4586bfa25c645a5b7a11e9215cb.jpg

First she talks about how easy it was to walk around HEB at Congress/Oltorf and then after being confronted claimed to have stayed in the car while her probably-infected husband went in.

And the neighborhood she lives in is the one across from mine so now we can't take the kids to any of the parks just in case she also has kids and has been taking them.

Kids and wife haven't left the house/yard since Saturday. They're about to take a short walk just to get a little exercise and won't get within 15 ft of anyone else.

11 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Look here fuck wad. If all corporate coffee shops closed I would manage. Hell, I would applaud Starbucks shit coffee going away.

I can deal with the psychological issues of Covid if daunting.

But your note about coffee, and hints of it going away... Fuck you man. That's not play shit. I will fucking cut you.

As long as Latte Larry's stays open...

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Loco said:

I'm just waiting for some of the other ones to pop.  I drive by several and they always have a firetruck or ambulance outside (it's gotta suck to be old)  I have to imagine that's how it'll get in...that or asymptomatic workers/caregivers

I just want to live as long as I can as hard as I can and have a massive heart attack. 

3 hours ago, triplehorn said:

I took Chloroquine for 5 days last week when I was pretty certain I had been sick w Covid for about 5-6 days.  Felt notably better 3 days later.  My elderly folks in Dallas got an Rx from their PCP in Dallas after communicating info about it with them.  Step-dad takes anti-arrhythmia meds so pharmacist wouldn't fill over weekend until could talk w doc (fuuuuuuuuuk).  So mom ordered from online pharmacy in MX.  But now pharmacist finally releasing it.  Also, not every pharmacy exactly has this in stock.  I had to hunt for it where I am then had to spin a story to convince them I was going scuba diving in Honduras to prevent malaria instead of off label use to get the pharmacist to let me have it.  jfc.

Wait. You stole your parents medicine after you had then lie to get a scrip? 

This seems sane. 

• Like 1

Check this out:

a673d55dddcdfdf1bb2523beb19acd29.jpga0d433556d2cd0ebb187da0eacc0acc7.jpgd235c4586bfa25c645a5b7a11e9215cb.jpg

First she talks about how easy it was to walk around HEB at Congress/Oltorf and then after being confronted claimed to have stayed in the car while her probably-infected husband went in.

And the neighborhood she lives in is the one across from mine so now we can't take the kids to any of the parks just in case she also has kids and has been taking them.

Kids and wife haven't left the house/yard since Saturday. They're about to take a short walk just to get a little exercise and won't get within 15 ft of anyone else.
It looks like she's selling some mlm product too. What a gem.

Baylor Scott and White central Texas region has really ramped up community testing in the last 72 hours. You still have to qualify with risk factors or illness symptoms but at least they are rolling out more local testing.  Other good news is my urgent care clinics are getting a lot of negatives. So not everything that coughs or has fever is Covid. BUT - don't let down your guard.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Modessit said:

Check this out:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a6ea7912c50f22e6101

15 minutes ago, Modessit said:

Check this out:

If true, Nancy needs to be locked in storage unit with a couple of gallons of water, some beef jerky and Corn Nuts with a 5 gallon bucket to crap and piss in. She can sleep on a mattress pulled from a dumpster behind an hourly rate motel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Newdoc said:

If true, Nancy needs to be locked in storage unit with a couple of gallons of water, some beef jerky and Corn Nuts with a 5 gallon bucket to crap and piss in. She can sleep on a mattress pulled from a dumpster behind an hourly rate motel.

Then burn the unit? 

Someone from my work just tested positive, and a really close friend logged off early today with chills and body aches.

I work remotely full time and hadn't been in the office since 2/27, so I think it's unlikely I'm at risk from that exposure or it would've surfaced by now.

The rest of the company just went full wfh this week, so they're recommending everyone quarantine for 2 weeks from last Friday.

This shit just hit way too close to home.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Modessit said:

Check this out:

Selfish bitch.  She probably "needed to get out" and nagged her gutless husband into it. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

It's Bruh nowadays not Bro.  

That aside I am sure his dad went to work and got his ass laughed at cause his kid went viral being a drunk dumbass.

No, it's not. It's back to bro thanks to social media jackoffs.

Edited by pacman

29 minutes ago, Modessit said:

Check this out:

Is facial swelling one of the symptoms?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Loco said:

Figured it was just a matter of time.    queue the Lawrence Welk Bubble machine

My dad's nursing home has been on hardcore lockdown/quarantine procedure for the last couple of weeks since the end of February. This is my worst nightmare, but I'm hoping their proactive measures are enough to keep them insulated

32 minutes ago, Modessit said:

Check this out:

Oh Nance. 

32 minutes ago, Modessit said:

Check this out:

Wait, who posted that transcript of text messages? This social media bullshit has passed me by, I don’t get it. I get somebody being a total selfish cunt and going to the store knowing that they have the virus, but why would that person write about it? Same as that stupid bitch who took a selfie licking an airplane toilet seat. Why would you publish that? Are people that thirsty for attention?

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

My dad's nursing home has been on hardcore lockdown/quarantine procedure for the last couple of weeks since the end of February. This is my worst nightmare, but I'm hoping their proactive measures are enough to keep them insulated

Facility my grandmother is in went on lock down late last week and they are all getting their meals delivered outside their door.  So not leaving their rooms at all.  Really sucks for everyone involved, and I'm sure their mental health, but for the best.

Just now, Skipper said:

Facility my grandmother is in went on lock down late last week and they are all getting their meals delivered outside their door.  So not leaving their rooms at all.  Really sucks for everyone involved, and I'm sure their mental health, but for the best.

Yeah, my dad has started making the rounds with phone calls every evening, which is actually kind of nice because he's wayyyyy more social and plugged in than he was before at his facility. He had a major surgery a month and a half ago to address a bone infection his previous skilled nursing center let happen (fuck Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, btw) so he was already in somewhat isolation during his recovery since his immune system was shot to hell post bone infection and surgery.

My concern is that with his Parkinson's, every day he isn't getting PT and OT, is another day of loss he'll never be able to claw back. At least he (hopefully) won't get CV-19.

Wait, who posted that transcript of text messages? This social media bullshit has passed me by, I don’t get it. I get somebody being a total selfish cunt and going to the store knowing that they have the virus, but why would that person write about it? Same as that stupid bitch who took a selfie licking an airplane toilet seat. Why would you publish that? Are people that thirsty for attention?

She posted it to a private FB neighborhood group letting people know where toilet paper and other stuff was available. Her positive status wasn't brought up by her but by someone who knew she was positive and questioned why she was out.

Someone in the group took screenshots and shared them with some relatives, who shared them with others, etc. Someone I know got it from a cousin who is part of the group and shared it. I'm sure it'll go "viral" and everyone will be seeing it on FB soon. I've already seen it shared by people I have no connection to.

23 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Someone from my work just tested positive, and a really close friend logged off early today with chills and body aches.

I work remotely full time and hadn't been in the office since 2/27, so I think it's unlikely I'm at risk from that exposure or it would've surfaced by now.

The rest of the company just went full wfh this week, so they're recommending everyone quarantine for 2 weeks from last Friday.

This shit just hit way too close to home.

Not asking you to dox yourself, but what city do these people live in?

15 minutes ago, Captainant said:

They can't lock down the staff or the first responders that are there ona daily basis, but can't get tested.  This all sucks

Check this out:

This should be pinned in the Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do thread. Wtf.
  • Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away