CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Somehow I just knew you were gonna ask me that. I must be psychic.

Frankly Anastasis I have been way too busy at work to get to that. You will notice I only post nowadays in the evening. But get to that I will. Hell, if I haven’t at least even tried to respond to you by the time you have to cut me a check this November  you won’t have to do so until I do. Understand that does not mean my answer must satisfy you and is not part of our bet. Only that I have responded. Which I will.

Pos rep for new and novel jibberish. 

• Like 2

I'm probably one of the dumbest, and uneducated posters on this site, but i just don't see how this place is any better than the DT thread. I see this place as the reaction to Trump, and that's not a bad thing since Trump is a liar, egomaniac man who unfortunately runs our country. That doesn't mean everything in this thread is all knowing and true. The worst offender was the lady who drunk fish cleaner.
Anastasis, bernorange, EMAWsome, and Occasionally Axiom of Choice (when something deals with religion) come over and post. Other than that it's usually an echo chamber. I'm not saying it's a bad thing since it's good to get many different opinions, but it's usually the same opinion.

We all agree that Trump is a piece of shit and dangerous, and that those idiots who are on his side will be vilified in the future. We do not all agree on a path forward. We believe in journals, science, research, facts etc.

Those fucks start with a belief that Trump is wonderful, and then spin the stupidity to try to convince themselves. If they see information that does not jive with their beliefs, than they pretend it didn’t happen. E.g. Newton families and kids in cages were crisis actors.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Regarding Dr. Birx defending Trump by saying that when he receives new information he likes to 'talk through it out loud'.

What level of stupid do you have to be to need to 'talk through' the idea of injecting disinfectants into humans?

Trump level. Next question?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Regarding Dr. Birx defending Trump by saying that when he receives new information he likes to 'talk through it out loud'.

What level of stupid do you have to be to need to 'talk through' the idea of injecting disinfectants into humans?

That is one of the all-time best excuses evar.  She should have a permanent spot on this committee for that.

53 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

His lips move when he reads, so not that surprising.

47 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That is one of the all-time best excuses evar.  She should have a permanent spot on this committee for that.

I have been giving her a pass for quite awhile; assuming that perhaps she and Dr. Fauci had exchanged a few asides and were going with the good cop/bad cop strategy in an attempt to tag team and still get the word out to the folks watching who were susceptible to misinformation and/or suspicious due to conspiracy theories and propaganda. This latest one, though, that's a little tougher. But having said that, consider that there are no guarantees, none, that she and Dr. Fauci will be working for the government in the fall when there may be an even greater need for calm prepared guidance. No guarantees, that Redfield (not very fond of him) will be either. And that is more than a little alarming. So, as much as I'm not as keen on Dr. Birx defending Trump, I'm less keen on who might be tapped by the President or his staff to replace her or Dr. Fauci.

• Like 1

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-new-yorkers-household-cleaners-trump-20200425-rnaqio5dyfeaxmthxx2vktqa5m-story.html

Moreover, out of the cases reported between Thursday and Friday, nine were specifically about possible exposure to Lysol. Ten were in regards to bleach and 11 about household cleaners in general, the spokesman said.

13 hours ago, immamac said:

You guys can't help yourselves and still post there so you stay in the queue. Most everyone else has been staying the fuck off the thread.

That's just not a true statement which is ironic because pointing something similar out is what got me banned. I think the only time I've tried to post in the DT since you banned me for adding context to a statement that was very misleading without it was trying to post about how 700 million in transit and auto projects are getting "postponed" weeks ago of which would affect any posters in central Texas. It was like 99% of my posts in the DT which are heavy in data and detail to the point of being autistic bc we don't have enough local reporters anymore getting people access to information. 

So instead of looking at the situation in context, I get banned for 1 post (which was helpful) despite all my other posts in the DT which some people find helpful. Sorry, I know people always bitch when they've been moded but these times suck and this wasn't a very cool move. 

Edited by Pasken
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Pathetic

The caption below that photo (in the article) mentions that Dr. Steven Hoetze was leading the protest. He's the anti-vaccine, colloidal silver promoting, bioidentical hormone pushing wellness doctor who appeared on Fox urging people to live their lives normally during the coronavirus outbreak.

Article on him here: https://www.mediamatters.org/coronavirus-covid-19/fox-news-coronavirus-special-featured-quack-doctor-who-told-viewers-conduct

5 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

The summer months will slow the effects of the Coronavirus. Just like they always effect of the flu.

We can actually beat this disease before the fall if we are smart. And even though trump is the president, we are overall much smarter than we were back in 1918 when the last worldwide pandemic hit. But it will require testing and you know, actually acting smart. Both of which are not automatic assumptions in the trump/Fox News idiot age we currently find ourselves in.

It will be up to the country to overcome the idiocy of trump and Fox News and make rationale decisions that will get us out of this and which in fact are entirely possible. We can do this despite the idiocy of trump and the greed induced enemy called Fox News. 

The arrests, commissions, and criminal punishments can sit for later.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The caption below that photo (in the article) mentions that Dr. Steven Hoetze was leading the protest. He's the anti-vaccine, colloidal silver promoting, bioidentical hormone pushing wellness doctor who appeared on Fox urging people to live their lives normally during the coronavirus outbreak.

Article on him here: https://www.mediamatters.org/coronavirus-covid-19/fox-news-coronavirus-special-featured-quack-doctor-who-told-viewers-conduct

He should breathe on Dan Patrick.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I believe I got a robocall from him today.  He was pushing to reopen the state while doing the Fox news greatest hits word diarrhea.

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

A large percentage of Americans believe that a vaccine for Coronavirus exists but that sinister forces are keeping it from being released:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/910699/alarming-number-americans-believe-coronavirus-vaccine-exists-being-withheld

And 100% of those people think vaccines cause autism and climate change isn't real, but now they trust smart people to have already developed an airtight solution, but they don't trust smart people to share it with us, because remember how they lied to us about autism and climate change?

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

And 100% of those people think vaccines cause autism and climate change isn't real, but now they trust smart people to have already developed an airtight solution, but they don't trust smart people to share it with us, because remember how they lied to us about autism and climate change?

Yes

22 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

What's remarkable is that they believe it without a single molecule of evidence to support it.

9 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

What's remarkable is that they believe it without a single molecule of evidence to support it.

Like the fact that the virus is maybe six months old and it's not possible to develop and test a vaccine that fast. They've been trained to think everything is a conspiracy.