CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

13 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I actually didn't vote for Obama in the first term because I didn't think this country was ready for a black president.

Turns out I was correct, but instead of him ending up like MLK; it's been a bunch of passive aggressive bullshit, Fox news watching and Cosplay.

These " men" are cowards Donny.

Obama exposed just how far we've really come as it pertains to race. Sadly, we haven't come anywhere as close as we think we have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Trump administration wants to know if universities are taking money from China that they don't know about, including the University of Texas. Curious this article just came out same day WH said they'll block Fauci from speaking to the House committee.

U.S. Probes University of Texas Links to Chinese Lab https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB13sOvn?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

trump / kushner want their cut 

4 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

When people start marching on state capitals while armed the question isn't what is wrong with these people.  The question is what is wrong with these state governments.  No one ever marches on a state capital carrying a weapon if they feel like the government is actually carrying out the will of the people.  This only happens when the people feel that the government is not carrying out their will.

So I will ask again...between this turd and the eloquent circumstantial evidence take noted above, why is this complete fucking asshole still allowed to post here? Can we please ban his ass?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

To be fair, it's quite possible she's too stupid and ignorant to really know the implications of using an infamous German phrase.

Nope, the ignorant rubes don't know German or any other foreign language at all.  They use the misspelled English signs that we see all the time.  This lady knows exactly what the phrase means and knows where it came from.  She's a fucking Nazi.

I continue to be against these rallies because they put others in danger, but part of me wishes someone who knows they have coronavirus would intentionally seed one of them.  That would at least stop the rest of them for a while.

Edited by FondrenRoad

3 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

The biggest mistake Democrats are doing is allowing trumpkins to claim this narrative and twisting it to their benefit. Democrats can't see past their hatred for trump, or his clusterfuck of a response to all this, but the Chinese government needs to pay for this. This is, what, the 3rd novel virus to originate from exotic wet markets in 20 years? Now obviously isn't the time to start pointing fingers but I really hope when the dust settles, sanctions/ tariffs are applied until this shit stops. Peoples health and  the global economy shouldn't have to be gravely endangered because one country won't properly regulate markets. 

Look, maybe Ford should have already installed automatic emergency braking on every car it makes too.  But when you run over a kid because you're texting and driving, that kid's father is going to rightfully come kill you first before he worries about getting Ford to put in better safety measures. 

Democrats are making mistakes, sure, but the GOP is overplaying its hand severely.  If Trump wins the election, this country is over with.  We aren't gonna be in a war with China.  We are gonna be in a a civil war.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

When people start marching on state capitals while armed the question isn't what is wrong with these people.  The question is what is wrong with these state governments.  No one ever marches on a state capital carrying a weapon if they feel like the government is actually carrying out the will of the people.  This only happens when the people feel that the government is not carrying out their will.

Horseshit.  People that want shit changed aren't too frightened to actually fight for what they feel is right.  Or face prison time.  These marchers are pussies.  They are even bigger pussies for carrying weapons they don't intend to use.  Police are also pussies for handling them with kid gloves instead of using the same tear gas, rubber bullets, and batons they use on unarmed peaceful protesters.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

From seamen to shining seamen,

Huntington Beach in California protestors:

My oldest is out in Cali trying to live and doing the right thing, and these folks are mad because their sandbox is closed. It's sad, because the governor was just beginning to roll out some opening guidelines to begin the process of regaining some measure of stability in the largest populated state. But no, these protesters  ain't got time for that. Can't thank him for doing what he could to keep them from overwhelming the hospitals and morgues. We just wanna tan!

Mind-boggling isn't it. All that hard work . . . and the ticking of the clock begins again.

Most people in Southern California are sensitive to the nature of the pandemic. This is a good opportunity for an epidemiologist to study how the virus spreads from these rallies. It would also be a good idea to keep an eye on the outbreaks to monitor for medical overcrowding. 

I infer your daughter has a good head on her shoulders and certainly knows right from wrong. She has a huge advantage over the performance artists in Huntington Beach. They want to throw parties in the middle of a pandemic. That's just not a logical choice for most Californians at this point in time. 

Most people see the protests for what it is - soonerism. The sooners can't wait to cheat - to jump the gun, if you will. We have entered the Sooner phase of the virus. Not many sooners out here in California. But we have a lot of cameras - so sooners jump the line and act the fool.

No need to worry about eggy. eggy can't help itself. Poor eggy. Never fully formed. eggy doesn't spread like soonervirus. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Just for accuracy, the sigh was at all the Jewish concentration camps, not just Auschwitz.

And wearing the flag as a mask is deeply offensive.  Theses fuckers claim to love the flag yet seem to never miss an opportunity to desecrate it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

That is unbelievable. Utterly abhorrent.  "J.B."  is J.B. Pritzker, the JEWISH governor of Illinois.  

Dummy dum-dums. 

There is the possibility the sign maker read on facebook that the quote "Work sets you free" in German was something Ronald Reagan said at the Berlin Wall. There are a lot of people out there stuck in media silos. Some need to be corrected with almost every assertion of fact. 

But it is more likely these are performance artists being encouraged to take advantage of the current media and entertainment lull. People have cabin fever but the vast majority will steer clear of these rallies. 

"Work sets you free" is Hitler doublespeak in the most grotesque and Orwellian sense of the concept. Repeating the doublespeak as truth is sad failure of education and media.

Repeating it as a threat. Completely unhinged.

I think she is just a dumb trumper.

We can't be far from Trump Youth. Some sort of DeVos grifting home school program that really "educates" young minds free of liberal agenda driven public school teachers. You want children to learn the real truth, not snowflake facts.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

And every militia member so conscripted was to bring his own "good musket" to said service.  And the acts presumed the existence of state militias, just brought them under federal control.

It's an argument, but not a very good one. Certainly not worthy of an "are you fucking retarded"?

If you were a white, land-owning, protestant male, you had to keep a musket and ammunition in case you were called into military service by the government. 

It is impossible to extrapolate that into everyone has the right to privately own any firearm. 

9 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

I saw this exchange on the TV news yesterday. When asked what evidence he's seen to suggest the virus came out of Wuhan laboratory and he responded, "I can't tell you that. I'm not allowed to tell you that," that was obviously a lie. He can answer anything. He can declassify anything and occasionally has done so on a whim. We know his political strategy is to direct blame at China in an effort to distract from his own failure to respond to the pandemic. A failure that is ongoing. He has no evidence. He was just bullshitting as always, trying to talk his preferred reality into existence. 

A reporter mentioned to him that his own office of the DNI issued a report that the virus occurred naturally and wasn't genetically engineered. Trump's immediate response was, "Who said that?" He didn't want the name of the agency, he pressed on an asked for a specific name. Because that's how he operates. When someone speaks truth that runs counter to his bullshit narrative, his first impulse is to bring retribution against that individual. 

• Like 3

Guest Lobo
39 minutes ago, RPM said:

We can't be far from Trump Youth. Some sort of DeVos grifting home school program that really "educates" young minds free of liberal agenda driven public school teachers. You want children to learn the real truth, not snowflake facts.

if you don't think community groups like that haven't already sprung up "organically" around the nation during this SiP/school closure period...you haven't been paying attention.  Almost to a word of what you just described, is already taking place in Dripping Springs.  I'm sure if we dug around, we'd find more "homeschool networks" like this one that I was just told about, I didn't ask.  Only good news is they don't have uniforms yet, and that's only because they can't get the cheap materials from China fast enough. 

People forget Hitler was a relatively young man when he came into unlimited power in early Spring of 1933 at the age of 43.  He was dead at the age of 56 but was in relatively good health throughout his life despite being largely insane.  Trump is about to turn 74, is in horrible health, and is only slightly less insane than Hitler.  If we had to worry about Trump for another 20 years, I'd be devastated.  But he's gonna be gone from this Earth soon enough.  Hitler at least did us a solid by taking his own life and leaving no known heirs.  Trump is going to stick around until the bitter end and leave us with his five children, at least three of whom appear to be moral wastelands.  We need to, as a nation, start thinking about to whom his 10-20mm truly devout followers are going to look when Trump is dead.  There is no Marshall Plan for the end of Trump, no Nuremberg Trials, no ERP.  It's just us stuck with his kids and his true cult following (which is not 63 million, but rather 10-20mm of the truly converted that can never be turned back to sanity).  Thankfully most of them are older themselves, but there are some young children in that mix, kids of that 10-20mm that will grow up having known only idolatry of their parent's false messiah.  They are the ones I fear.  

19 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Trump is about to turn 74, is in horrible health, and is only slightly less insane than Hitler.  If we had to worry about Trump for another 20 years, I'd be devastated.  But he's gonna be gone from this Earth soon enough. 

Jr and Ivanka say Hey!

Eric sez whut?

6 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

The biggest mistake Democrats are doing is allowing trumpkins to claim this narrative and twisting it to their benefit. Democrats can't see past their hatred for trump, or his clusterfuck of a response to all this, but the Chinese government needs to pay for this. This is, what, the 3rd novel virus to originate from exotic wet markets in 20 years? Now obviously isn't the time to start pointing fingers but I really hope when the dust settles, sanctions/ tariffs are applied until this shit stops. Peoples health and  the global economy shouldn't have to be gravely endangered because one country won't properly regulate markets. 

Good luck with that. Imagine the rest of America trying to force Texans to put beans in their chili then multiply that difficulty by a million. 

China is who they are. They're an authoritarian regime and they will always use propaganda to control public perception. We have intelligence agencies for a reason and our intelligence agencies were reporting to Trump in January about the coming crisis but he ignored them. It would be great if China was a free and open society but they're not and we're not going to change that. The bigger problem is that we have an authoritarian president who is bent on using propaganda to control public perception just like the Chinese. We need to get back to being a free and open society and return to a position of leadership in the world. 

Tariffs? Seriously? How's that been working out for us so far? Would that come with hundreds of billions more in bailouts for American farmers and other businesses who pay the price for those tariffs? Let's be realistic. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Worked for the founders.

You might want to bone up on American history before waltzing in with that analogy.

The founders were fighting against a tyrannical government...in this case the GOP is the tyrannical government.

• Like 1

I think you mean historically it was ignored, at least judicially.  I don't believe the Burger court ruled on the Second Amendment.  The first decision to explicitly hold it an individual right was Heller, which was decided by the Roberts court.

You are absolutely correct. I misremembered things. Burger actually believed the 2d Am was purely a collective right.

Apologies.

16 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

You might want to bone up on American history before waltzing in with that analogy.

The founders were fighting against a tyrannical government...in this case the GOP is the tyrannical government.

I'm thinking they would look at both parties and just get mad at the people for voting in a bunch of numb nuts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bojack said:

According to Worldometer, we'll pass Italy in reported cases per capita today.  That's with about 60% as much testing.  I guess we're just a more affectionate people than we realized.  

You believe the statistics?

How many people do you know personally that died? Seriously? 

Where are these body bags? Where are all the ‘deaths’?

Blue states. 

Who hates Trump?

Blue states.

It’s all one big lie to for the deep state to take power from trump with lies about a ‘virus’.... to tank the economy that was the best in the history of the planet! That’s the only way he could lose and they went for the jugular after their failed Ukraine hoax and their failed Russia hoax.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

/Trumpkin

• Like 3

The intensity of the New York outbreak combined with the outbreaks in Western Europe are good indicators the virus didn’t just hop a boat/plane from China to the United States.  It made its way through much of Europe first too.  

Point is we had a lot of red flags screaming at us from all directions that this was going to be bad. This wasn’t some sneak attack by the Chinese to undermine the United States.  It was a Chinese Chernobyl that caused fallout all over the world. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

That's certainly one way of saying they didn't like paying taxes.

• Like 1

Again, you show a complete lack of even rudimentary mathematical ability.

Data shows the states in question actually are very much in line with the will of the people.

Also, you know, you're defending someone who made a conscious decision to invoke the third reich.

I've enjoyed watching people I know on Facebook decide that all the experts all over the world have been dead wrong, so in these times we must turn to the real pros on epidemiology and pathology: Candace Owens, Bill Mitchell and a guy who runs a doc in a box clinic in Bakersfield. 

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

More BS

Go complain about losing rep again. For someone who seems to be concerned about it you keep coming back for more negs. Do you think about what you post?

If you want to know why I edit your posts to include none of your words it's because there are quite a few people that have you on ignore. They don't want to see you. Rather than adding more negs you can at least count on missing out on those. Consider it as a kindness.

Edited by cactusflinthead
Redundant man of redundancy
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

17 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Again, you show a complete lack of even rudimentary mathematical ability.

Data shows the states in question actually are very much in line with the will of the people.

Also, you know, you're defending someone who made a conscious decision to invoke the third reich.

It really is math. Imagine 2017, when conservative estimates were that 3 million plus, that was 3 million with a range of up to 4.3 million so I took the lower end, Americans marched on Women's Day protesting at their capitols and Washington DC. Heck, DC was estimated to have over 500,000 alone. Now imagine every one of those who are of age carrying a weapon. Are you (EMAW) saying that is what is necessary for women and those that support them to get heard? You would probably pee your trousers if the 50,000 people who marched in Austin that day had weapons. Actually, a lot of people would. What @gmr548 says is correct. The people in general are supportive of their leadership. They don't like having to SIP but they understand the long term slow return has more lasting benefit than the carnage the fringe element seems to be pushing.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
grammar
  • Like 1

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Gotta give you props for sticking to your "burn it all down" ethos.  You're one sick puppy.

Hey look, these by god American made cluster munitions don’t point themselves at school busses. 

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Words you read as you go to meet your doom. There's a certain irony in using that phrase to protest a lockdown during a pandemic. 

Yeah, it's bizarre in addition to being incredibly insensitive. "Work makes free" maybe is the freedom they're seeking to gain against an ostensibly fascist rule that prevents work.  So use the slogan of a fascist regime to support your protest against  . . . . fascists.

What the fuck.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, it's bizarre in addition to being incredibly insensitive. "Work makes free" maybe is the freedom they're seeking to gain against an ostensibly fascist rule that prevents work.  So use the slogan of a fascist regime to support your protest against  . . . . fascists.

What the fuck.

From The Outside Looking In, You Can't Understand It,

From The Inside Looking Out, You Can't Explain It.

It's so, so, so perfect.

• Like 3