CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

There's so much bullshit out there I stopped trying to educate people on most of the garbage posted.  Apathy sucks but at first you were able to provide some good info and show people where not to look.  Now it's such a clusterfuck you don't know where to start.  It's pretty deflating as a physician trying to do the right thing. 

I didn't even have the energy to shit on Moderna's terrible study that sent stocks to the moon yesterday.  Of course, I am human and did get a good laugh out of the crash back down today.  They fucking spoke out of their ass when our dumb fatfuck of a president assembled a round table of 'experts' on when a vaccine could be manufactured by.  I should have been in that god damn thing and said I already have one made of HCQ and clorox bleach...a proprietary blend.  I just need the 4 billion to get it to the masses.  I'm fairly certain I'd have been given some serious funds.  Then when nothing pans out...make like Trump himself and ride the next grift.  As long as someone in your company can stomach kissing his bloated ass, you'll always be good to go. 

Anyways, fuck C19, but fuck our dipshit president even more.  At least C19 may force his morbidly obese ass to the sidelines, or grave.  He sure as shit isn't going to do anything about C19. 

MRNA is a fucking penny stock and hasn't forgot how to act like one despite the market cap increase. 

8 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

More than anything, it's ripe for miscommunication and grates the hell of me having these autocrats (Trump included) driving the messaging around nuanced and touchy medical/science matters when the public should be addressed by the national health officials for their respective nations.  I guess we'll learn more tomorrow about Bolso's protocol.

Brazil’s minister of health just resigned.

Man.  That hurts.  I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  I watched the clip -- dude sure could sing.  Maybe that thunder or whisper of the wind you hear next will be him telling you everything will be OK.

Godspeed, Mr. Gary Samuels.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Brazil’s minister of health just resigned.

Looks like he was on the job for just a few weeks following his predecessor getting axed.  It also appears this is about more than quinine derivatives.  Brazil's entire pandemic response is a disaster of its own kind.  Psychologically deformed leaders crossed with a natural science and math problem that undercuts their concocted version of reality will turn into a catastrophe every damn time.  

11 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Looks like he was on the job for just a few weeks following his predecessor getting axed.  It also appears this is about more than quinine derivatives.  Brazil's entire pandemic response is a disaster of its own kind.  Psychologically deformed leaders crossed with a natural science and math problem that undercuts their concocted version of reality will turn into a catastrophe every damn time.  

Sounds familiar.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Dorks are generally considered to be smart so I don’t think Brendan here needs to worry about that.

And “MAGA Life Coach”????

That’s not a thing.

How fucked up do you need to be to want this guy to inform your life decisions?

13 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Suck it Texas govt and SCOT. 

Any thoughts on whether this holds up on appeal? Legally speaking, it should, but I don't follow the 5th circuit. 

The Fifth Circuit mostly sucks ass now on anything slightly political or involving civil rights/liberties (same thing, just civil rights has a connotation).  It's a shame, because 20 years ago it was one of the best.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The Fifth Circuit mostly sucks ass now on anything slightly political or involving civil rights/liberties (same thing, just civil rights has a connotation).  It's a shame, because 20 years ago it was one of the best.

Yeah...its transition from one of the more respected courts of appeal (and note, it was still a relatively conservative court back then) to a den of partisan hackery has been sad to watch.

• Like 3

Dude, you need to read your own articles more closely.  They are stocking up for the off chance it works and so that they have the drug for the people who need it for it's intended use.  When you are on the same side of a discussion as Donald Trump, you need to evaluate your life choices.

A source with knowledge of the contract said the drug was being bought in bulk so that if it proves to be effective as a treatment there is a ready supply. “All of the drugs being purchased can be used to treat other conditions too so they don’t really go to waste if they aren’t proved effective for Covid,” the source said.

Other drugs being bought as part of the £35m contract include 1.4m tablets of lopinavir-ritonavir, which is used to treat people who are HIV positive; dexamethasone as an oral solution; and 20m azithromycin capsules in packs of up to six.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Daily dose of HCQ news: UK is stocking up on HCQ and AZ while their clinical trials are ongoing.  Wonder what they're seeing.

The UK is a proxy for the US when it comes to most things related to coronavirus.

Boris = Donald

They're also trying to stem the tide of an HCQ run because (bear with me) some people actually need that medicine for (hang on) . . . disease for which it has shown efficacy.

• Like 3

Posted for all those who talk about Cuomo as the next coming. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/20/andrew-cuomo-new-york-coronavirus-catastrophe

I do not hate the guy, and I think he has done some good stuff, but he also fucked up.  The constant fellating of him, given the nursing home situation, is unbearable.

• Like 4

Just now, kevwun said:

Dude, you need to read your own articles more closely.  They are stocking up for the off chance it works and so that they have the drug for the people who need it for it's intended use.  When you are on the same side of a discussion as Donald Trump, you need to evaluate your life choices.

I understand.  I thought through that before posting.  It's a news article for public consumption.  Their trials are ongoing meaning they get to see what's happening and make moves pre-completion, pre-publication.  To put it another way, if they saw zilch, or worse something like more deaths associated with the HCQ/AZ arms, I don't think they'd be moving to bolster their national stockpile right now.  There would be no anticipated global shortage if adding HCQ was a harbinger of death with cov.  The plug would be getting pulled.  

And it is the most fucked up position to be in wrt to Trump in this discussion.  It feels gross.

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/20/andrew-cuomo-new-york-coronavirus-catastrophe

I do not hate the guy, and I think he has done some good stuff, but he also fucked up.  The constant fellating of him, given the nursing home situation, is unbearable.

100% agree that Cuomo failed a huge number of people with his nursing home decisions. However, I think much of his praise and accolades are coming from the fact that he's actually leading and taking responsibility and ownership of the situation. Folks seem to miss those qualities.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

100% agree that Cuomo failed a huge number of people with his nursing home decisions. However, I think much of his praise and accolades are coming from the fact that he's actually leading and taking responsibility and ownership of the situation. Folks seem to miss those qualities.

Eh, it is more of a mixed bag, and people are stupid.

I will say Cuomo > Bill de Blasio.  BdB is a complete hack.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon

The UK is a proxy for the US when it comes to most things related to coronavirus.
Boris = Donald

They're also trying to stem the tide of an HCQ run because (bear with me) some people actually need that medicine for (hang on) . . . disease for which it has shown efficacy.
America should be grateful for the UK. We have a peer in national stupidity, and I don't mean that just in terms of COVID. Just in general. Either can be the bigger dumbfuck on any given day, but without the UK, America would be undisputed world champions of dumbasssery.

Everyone is really dropping the ball here. There was a mass shooting about a decade ago, and many leaders offered prayers, and that problem was fixed. Hasn't been a mass shooting since, and there will never be another. Why aren't our politicans praying about Covid19? This could all be fixed in minutes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
43 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:
Boris = Donald

Read more  

America should be grateful for the UK. We have a peer in national stupidity, and I don't mean that just in terms of COVID. Just in general. Either can be the bigger dumbfuck on any given day, but without the UK, America would be undisputed world champions of dumbasssery.

I was visiting London a couple of weeks after the Brexit vote and hopped in a black cab. The driver I started talking and he quickly figured out I was American. He said well after that vote we (UK) are the dumbest country on the planet, however in November you guys might be able to steal that title back from us. 

Unfortunately we did, but the UK is doing their damn best to try to one up Trump on Covid. 

42 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

I understand.  I thought through that before posting.  It's a news article for public consumption.  Their trials are ongoing meaning they get to see what's happening and make moves pre-completion, pre-publication.  To put it another way, if they saw zilch, or worse something like more deaths associated with the HCQ/AZ arms, I don't think they'd be moving to bolster their national stockpile right now.  There would be no anticipated global shortage if adding HCQ was a harbinger of death with cov.  The plug would be getting pulled.  

And it is the most fucked up position to be in wrt to Trump in this discussion.  It feels gross.

Or someone fell for the "going fast, stocks are limited, don't get left behind" message from our administration and couldn't hold their water.  

Guest Lobo
9 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Everyone is really dropping the ball here. There was a mass shooting about a decade ago, and many leaders offered prayers, and that problem was fixed. Hasn't been a mass shooting since, and there will never be another. Why aren't our politicans praying about Covid19? This could all be fixed in minutes. 

Levity and politics aside, it absolutely blows me away that Trumpers don't notice this one thing.  I think deep down they know he's not remotely Christian, even as they Evangelize and never shut up about having a great man sent by Jesus again in the White House.  But do any of you Trump voters notice that he never, after dozens of Covid-19 press conferences and round-tables, calls for prayer.  Never asks for the Lord's blessings, guidance, protection, etc.  Never, not one fucking time.  Not even in a tweet.  Now you're gonna come back with "He respects the separation of Church & State" which you know is absolutely bullshit.  Every President in our lifetimes has concluded every national address with the same expression, "May God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America" and not a single atheist, Jew, Muslim, or Hindi ever had a problem with it.  And those were men that certainly pushed the envelope far more with regard to blending Church & State back together again, men of very discernible...almost troubling amounts, more Christian than Trump.  And yet, your false messiah never has once called for prayer, never once asked God to guide us, never even did the end-of-speech cliche, "May god bless you, and may god bless the United States of America."  Not once, not even hinted that we should look to our faith to help us through this time.  Have any of you fucksticks ever wondered how that's even possible?  

Some people ignore science in the name of religion.  I don't agree, but I get it.  Some people ignore religion in the name of science.  I don't agree, but I get it.  I think most Americans (51%+) of us have a healthy respect for both and feel that right now, our faith is going to get us through the mental part of this while science gets us through the physical part of it.  You fucking people managed to pick a guy that completely ignores both.  How the fuck did you manage to find the one guy that during a pandemic manages to ignore both religion and science?  You found the one guy that can't lean on either.  Sure he picked a gay albino Evangelical to his spiritual sounding board and sure he takes a long-developed scientific drug (HCQ) designed to treat malaria and lupus, but other than those two things...he's completely devoid of any understanding of religion or science.  And you back him now when we need both more than ever?  How in the world did you guys see this coming?  the odds of your pick being this anti-faith and anti-science during this particular period is off the charts.  Go buy some fucking lotto tickets, you guys are on a Heater...

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Levity and politics aside, it absolutely blows me away that Trumpers don't notice this one thing.  I think deep down they know he's not remotely Christian, even as they Evangelize and never shut up about having a great man sent by Jesus again in the White House.  But do any of you Trump voters notice that he never, after dozens of Covid-19 press conferences and round-tables, calls for prayer.  Never asks for the Lord's blessings, guidance, protection, etc.  Never, not one fucking time.  Not even in a tweet.  Now you're gonna come back with "He respects the separation of Church & State" which you know is absolutely bullshit.  Every President in our lifetimes has concluded every national address with the same expression, "May God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America" and not a single atheist, Jew, Muslim, or Hindi ever had a problem with it.  And those were men that certainly pushed the envelope far more with regard to blending Church & State back together again, men of very discernible...almost troubling amounts, more Christian than Trump.  And yet, your false messiah never has once called for prayer, never once asked God to guide us, never even did the end-of-speech cliche, "May god bless you, and may god bless the United States of America."  Not once, not even hinted that we should look to our faith to help us through this time.  Have any of you fucksticks ever wondered how that's even possible?  

Some people ignore science in the name of religion.  I don't agree, but I get it.  Some people ignore religion in the name of science.  I don't agree, but I get it.  I think most Americans (51%+) of us have a healthy respect for both and feel that right now, our faith is going to get us through the mental part of this while science gets us through the physical part of it.  You fucking people managed to pick a guy that completely ignores both.  How the fuck did you manage to find the one guy that during a pandemic manages to ignore both religion and science?  You found the one guy that can't lean on either.  Sure he picked a gay albino Evangelical to his spiritual sounding board and sure he takes a long-developed scientific drug (HCQ) designed to treat malaria and lupus, but other than those two things...he's completely devoid of any understanding of religion or science.  And you back him now when we need both more than ever?  How in the world did you guys see this coming?  the odds of your pick being this anti-faith and anti-science during this particular period is off the charts.  Go buy some fucking lotto tickets, you guys are on a Heater...

Quoted for head-shaking, pathetic truth.  I just don't get it.

In the greatest crisis to face humanity in 3 generations, the President of the United States, the leader of the nation and arguably the entire free world....has offered effectively nothing in terms of faith, prayer, etc.  He couldn't say less about it if he purposefully tried NOT to say anything spiritual.  In terms of spiritual leadership of the American people, he's literally the least "Christian" president we've EVER HAD.  Yet he's the evangelicals' champion.....which sure as shit tells you they aren't about genuine faith AT ALL.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Quoted for head-shaking, pathetic truth.  I just don't get it.

In the greatest crisis to face humanity in 3 generations, the President of the United States, the leader of the nation and arguably the entire free world....has offered effectively nothing in terms of faith, prayer, etc.  He couldn't say less about it if he purposefully tried NOT to say anything spiritual.  In terms of spiritual leadership of the American people, he's literally the least "Christian" president we've EVER HAD.  Yet he's the evangelicals' champion.....which sure as shit tells you they aren't about genuine faith AT ALL.

I think most evangelicals understand all of that.  Its a transactional relationship, he gives them judges and wars for Christmas, they keep pushing their flock his way.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I think most evangelicals understand all of that.  Its a transactional relationship, he gives them judges and wars for Christmas, they keep pushing their flock his way.  

Yeah, it's just that.....don't expect any of the rest of us to ever think or believe that you are "Christians."  Like, ever.  That's the price they are paying.  They are just a political movement that uses "faith" as a trojan horse for their bullshit.  That's literally all that they are, and they don't care who sees it and knows it.

• Like 1

I didnt know about the mask mural. That's funny.

44 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Or someone fell for the "going fast, stocks are limited, don't get left behind" message from our administration and couldn't hold their water.  

It's also a CYA explanation to leave yourself an out for stockpiling it, should they need it.  Again the takeaway is that they're studying its applicability and getting real time feedback as they simultaneously are opting to stockpile it.  The thrust of the article isn't about covering for sufferers of lupus and RA.  Given the controversy, it's a smart position to take.

Look, no need to overthink this.  If something were so dangerous, for anyone for any condition, it wouldn't be getting stockpiled for any reason.  Replicated gold standard RCT studies are lacking today but there are a lot of other experimental designs and ways to assess what you've got now, and I'm struggling to find any country bailing on HCQ for Cov.  It's the opposite outside of the US.

I'm assuming a general advocacy stance for now and will ditch any consideration of HCQ for use in early intervention or prophylaxis should the science support abandoning it.  So far it hasn't.