CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

37 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

This is the only gif I'm going to need for some time.

Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF

This is simply the result of 30 or so years of the hate engine indoctrinating people to distrust the government, the media, and anything that isn't on right wing media or Fox News.  They're broken.  Hopefully they all die off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Man, it pisses me off when I see people wearing masks with their nose uncovered. Wear a mask or don’t. Don’t half-ass it. If your nose is uncovered then you’re not masked. 

Yep. I am done with any cute shit. If they can't breathe with a mask on, they can go outside.

My main stress is anticipating some of the staff trying to get over. FB recon the past year shows them living in an unmasked world of crowds socializing. My plan is to check them for boogers and announce what I see, which will be big old boogers.

10 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

This is simply the result of 30 or so years of the hate engine indoctrinating people to distrust the government, the media, and anything that isn't on right wing media or Fox News.  They're broken.  Hopefully they all die off.

Not just the government and media. It’s also education, science and educated people. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

‘Vaccine passports violate our privacy and freedoms!’

…well if you dumbasses woulda gotten the vaccines like everyone else, or even just take basic precautions like masks…it wouldn’t be necessary in the first place.  

Again, it’s the same crowd that makes up ~35% of this country that holds the rest of us hostage in politics, public health, women’s reproductive choice, gun control, and whatever else shit they feel they’re allowed to dictate to the other 65% of us.  It’s ridiculous.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/18/nyregion/nyc-small-business-vaccine-mandate.html?smtyp=cur&smid=fb-nytimes&fbclid=IwAR1mGwnR3rVsAS_Adb9slP9CIQgz6C1V3STBs9bBrBAHwLOlHV8aNln5Wb8

When can we kick Staten Island out of NYC?!?

A group of small businesses is suing New York City, hoping to stop the city’s first-in-the-nation vaccine mandate for restaurants, gyms and other indoor public venues.

The lawsuit, filed on Tuesday in Richmond County Supreme Court, has the support of prominent Republican elected officials, including Representative Nicole Malliotakis and Joe Borelli, a City Council member; both represent Staten Island.

The city is requiring patrons and employees of restaurants and certain other businesses to show proof of vaccination. The plaintiffs say the city is unfairly targeting businesses that are struggling during the pandemic, and that there should be exemptions for people with certain medical conditions or religious beliefs.

Mayor Bill de Blasio has argued that the vaccine mandate and other measures are needed to curtail a troubling rise in coronavirus cases, driven in part by the more contagious Delta variant, and to encourage more New Yorkers to get vaccinated. New cases in the city have surged to an average of more than 1,700 a day, from about 250 a day in early July. About 68 percent of adult residents in the city are fully vaccinated.

The city’s vaccine mandate took effect on Tuesday, and applies to a variety of businesses.

“The executive order has rendered it impossible for anyone who chooses not to be vaccinated, for whatever reason, to work in the designated industries, wholly depriving them of their livelihood,” the lawsuit says.

Andrew Giuliani, a Republican who is running for governor, said he supported the lawsuit and that businesses should be able to set their own rules.

The plaintiffs include Deluca’s Italian Restaurant in Staten Island, Pasticceria Rocco in Brooklyn and Staten Island Judo Jujitsu.

New York City’s mandate is similar to one approved in France last month that prompted large protests. Enforcement by city health officials will not start in New York until Sept. 13, the day when the city’s public schools are expected to reopen.

The lawsuit argues that the mandate unfairly applies to restaurants but not other indoor locations like hair salons, office buildings or houses of worship. Republicans also say the rules are too challenging for small businesses to enforce.

“It is beyond ridiculous that the government is mandating these already struggling small business owners to be the city’s ‘vaccine police,’” Ms. Malliotakis said in a statement.

Mr. de Blasio said on Wednesday that he was confident that his executive order would withstand a legal challenge.

“I’ve had the conversation with the Law Department — tremendous confidence that we’re in a very strong legal position,” Mr. de Blasio said. “We’re in a global pandemic still. The decisions that have been taken have been taken with the leadership of our health officials who have been fighting this battle from the beginning.”

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Why not just send these two assholes to Florida?

Hey Florida, here are some more assholes for you, please meet Nicole Malliotakis and Joe Borelli.

Fuck off,

NYC.

Edited by brakeman
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ten Bears said:

I would get my booster yesterday but I don't know which one I should get with my Pfizer vaccine.

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

I am probably violating Hipaa by telling you about my own health care, but my doc said to get the same brand for the booster as the first two shots.

Not a doctor disclaimer...

There are no studies comparing mixing and matching mRNA vaccines, or using them to boost J&J. There is data for Pfizer as a booster for AstraZeneca. It is safe and highly effective. 

The CDC is just starting a study to look at mixing and matching different vaccines and booster shots. Until that data comes in, every US agency and most doctors are going to be cautious. They'll likely advise patients to take the same booster as the first two vaccines. They'll also likely tell you to take the other one, if it's the only one available, because the limited data available says it is safe and effective.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Not just the government and media. It’s also education, science and educated people. 

It's anybody who gives the little guy a shot. You can add lawyers and unions for sure. 

They actually got people to hate the things that are their best shot at avoiding the giant thumb of the 1%.

Um, yea, but you know, I want to be one of those in the 1%! This is America!

Well, good luck with that, dumbass.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Texas here’s a chance at a nice land grab if you want it. The absolute backwardness towards progress or anything positive from so many of the people on that island is somewhat amazing to see in person. I felt like I took a trip back to the early 90’s the last time I was there.

• Hook 'Em 1

One of my subcontractors was hospitalized with covid but made it. He has trouble climbing stairs now. 50s, looks healthy, not fat.

Always wore a mask on site so I assumed he was vaccinated.

Nope.

Will he vaccinate now, nope his Cardiologist said he's has natural immunity now and that the vaccines are completely ineffective against the new variant. He accepts that he may not be able to fly, go into many jobsites, or attend concerts and that others will see him as a pariah, but hes doubling down and not getting a vaccine period.

For fucks sake

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Born to Run said:

One of subs was hospitalized with covid but made it. He has trouble climbing stairs now. 50s, looks healthy not fat.

Nope.

Will he vaccinate now, nope his Cardiologist said he's has natural immunity now and that the vaccines are completely ineffective against the new variant. He accepts that he may not be able to fly, go into many jobsites, or attend concerts and that others will see him as a pariah, but hes doubling down and not getting a vaccine period.

For fucks sake

sweet, fewer assholes breathing my airplane air.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

That's a terrible and stupid comparison even after time passes.

spacer.png

Smells kind of like...what is it? Smells like both sides in here. Yuck.

"Both sides" as if there is only two sides & everything is binary. Life is more complex than the prism of two American political parties. 

• Fuck You 2

16 hours ago, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

Shouldn’t be much longer before he’s ID’d, what with all the great HD shots of his face. I’d recognize that chest anywhere! WTF?

TikTok keeps taking down the vid that shows his face.  She posted another one.  I tried to imbed it, but you can see it by going to the original link and looking at her posting history.

5 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Should've been her plastic surgeon.  Her face is....rough. 

I can't imagine who she told her plastic surgeon she wanted to look like.

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

No shit.  And crazy that 2 in this particular ICU are seeing a family member possibly die in front of their eyes, and I doubt even that is enough to make them even get a shot.

If I were part of a family that dumb, I might have a death wish as well.

Edited by pyrohornIII
imbed being balky

9 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

One of my subcontractors was hospitalized with covid but made it. He has trouble climbing stairs now. 50s, looks healthy, not fat.

Nope.

For fucks sake

Does natural immunity not count toward herd immunity? I'm vaccinated. Everyone should get vaccinated. That doesn't mean we should ignore the protection people with antibodies have from prior infection. 

• Fuck You 3

14 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Nope.

For fucks sake

Seems like he has a shitty cardiologist.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I tend to agree with this perspective.  I told my FIL to be clear that he is getting the 3rd shot booster that is currently authorized when he signs up.  He has enough in terms of recent medical history and procedures, including medications he is on, that he can fit under a reasonably broad immunocompromised category.  Maybe a little stretching involved, but not too much that I would be uncomfortable with.  Also told him to run it up the flag pole with his cardiologist for their reaction.  

My eldest is eligible (childhood ITP and splenectomy).  I have recommended he get his booster.  For those not yet eligible, I'd encourage a little patience.  If doses are going to waste, that's one thing, but I'm not hearing that is a significant concern at the moment.

20 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Seems like he has a shitty cardiologist.

More likely the conversation went like this.

Idiot: Doc, (Sniffle) should I get the vaccine?

Doc: I believe that you (Idiot sneezes as doctor says next word) should.

Idiot.  I believe in me too. (sneezes again) Bye!

Doc: Huh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

My eldest is eligible (childhood ITP and splenectomy).  I have recommended he get his booster.  For those not yet eligible, I'd encourage a little patience.  If doses are going to waste, that's one thing, but I'm not hearing that is a significant concern at the moment.

Reading your post actually made me realize that I loosely qualify as immunocompromised. Asplenia. No spleen. I didn’t realize that was listed. So I think I’m going to schedule that booster since technically I am eligible.

Edited by Thrawn
  • Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Nope.

For fucks sake

This his cardiologist?  https://www.dallasnews.com/news/courts/2021/08/13/baylor-health-sues-covid-19-vaccine-skeptic-and-demands-dallas-doctor-stop-using-its-name/