CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

8 hours ago, Welch said:

Don't get me wrong, it's still high.  Crazy high.  Over 370 infections per 100k even now.  (Austin is at 161 per 100k, for comparison).

But the trend is hopeful.  It was 488/100k on Aug. 13.

8 hours ago, justhookit said:

I don’t know where they are getting their data for their model then. Avg new cases per day has increased since Aug. 13th. I’m just going off what the county is reporting every day. https://www.caller.com/story/news/local/2021/08/02/nueces-county-covid-tracker-daily-updates-cases-deaths-hospitals/5462565001/

Well, we are up on new cases from last Wednesday, again. However  they nailed it and whatever data they are looking at should be at least worth  a look as a model going forward. It’s still not a decline yet but it’s looking better. From today’s report -

“• New cases showing signs of peaking
• Hospitalizations still skyrocketing

https://www.cctexas.com/sites/default/files/20210825-Public-Health-Briefing.pdf

4 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Attorney John Pierce, who represented Kyle Rittenhouse and at least 17 other insurrectionists, is on a ventilator. On August 17, Pierce tweeted, "The entire 82nd Airborne couldn't make me get an experimental government vaccine stuck in my arm."  On July 4, he called the Army vaccine mandate "a final-phase designed-purge of Patriotic Americans from the Army."

https://www.newsweek.com/anti-vaccination-lawyer-capitol-rioters-now-ventilator-covid-19-1623155

If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

43 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:
Meanwhile, Abbott's latest tweet is him bashing Biden on Afghanistan.  Should the governor of a state that's being slammed by a hurricane and slammed by  Covid be talking about what's happening 12,000 miles away and citing Patriotproject.com?

Not to mention that he sent a bunch of guardspeople to the southern border.

7 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This is infuriating.

These antivaxxers are blathering on about vaccination being a personal choice.  Folks, these are the people you are impacting with you personal choice.  Fuck you.  The world is better off without the antivaxxers in it.  

Yeah but,

Muh Freedumbs!!!

• Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

image.gif.c198ac00de096003d42babaa5c6e064f.gif

Fake news!!!   It’s not an alien bursting from ivermectin users abdomen, Ivermectin users are shedding their intestinal lining through their asshole.  You Fucking liberals have to spin every positive into a negative!

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This is infuriating.

These antivaxxers are blathering on about vaccination being a personal choice.  Folks, these are the people you are impacting with you personal choice.  Fuck you.  The world is better off without the antivaxxers in it.  

I was reading a piece by Andy Slavitt, one of the advisors regarding the pandemic response. He had a good point about children and COVID and the message that adults are sending to children--that while in person school is important--that adults won't get themselves vaccinated to keep children safe, it sends a message to these children that their concerns don't matter, that they don't matter. Not great for society. The adult who rationalizes, "I can only worry about my own children," consider the message my oldest once passed along to the hs baseball player tormenting her in class: "some day when you need Tommy John surgery, Kyle, you'd better hope I'm not the surgeon."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

one more down, millions more to go. Team Darwin FTMW!

kept his idiocy through the end. blames biden and illegals with covid for his affliction. no way it could possibly be the millions of fucksticks who think covid is leftist media propaganda and refuse to get the vaccine or wear a simple fucking mask. the conviction to stupidity is awe inspiring. 

own the libs by dying of covid. we should get them to make this a thing. 

3fedt3kmvmj71.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

From r/LeopardsAteMyFace

I know the sociology prof said our pity and sympathy angers them even more, but I can't help it.

Kinda know what Jonah felt. Fuck them. God, I don't give a damn about Nineveh. I'm getting on the first boat out of town.

One fish ride later.

Or is it Frodo looking at Saruman before Worm killed him.

Saruman hated the pity. This wizard from across the sea. 

Maybe that's the heaping coals on their head. Or part of it. Pity angers them. The mark is to be feared? 

Yeah, sorry bro. I just don't fear you. I sympathize with your family and I pity the way you had to go. Choking alone.

Sorry, if that made you mad.

But, I'll get over it.

3fedt3kmvmj71.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So here's a little nightmarish weaponry to share with anyone you know on the fence about getting the shot. 

The summary from r/hermancainaward comment:

The mechanism the virus uses to hollow out lung tissue is now at least partly known: it is able to fuse adjacent cells together so that it can move from one cell to another without ever entering the intercelluar fluid, where it can be recognized and attacked by antibodies. Eventually this forms a large mass of hollowed out nonfunctioning cell walls that finally collapses, releasing a huge load of virus particles all at once. After weeks of this the lungs consist of just scraps of scar tissue loosely hung together and no longer involved in respiration. That's what these guys invite the nasty little bug inside themselves to do.

And the article: https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210604/SARS-CoV-2-evades-neutralizing-antibodies-and-rapidly-spreads-by-cell-fusion-finds-study.aspx

If this gets in your lungs then you are proper fucked. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

So here's a little nightmarish weaponry to share with anyone you know on the fence about getting the shot. 

And the article: https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210604/SARS-CoV-2-evades-neutralizing-antibodies-and-rapidly-spreads-by-cell-fusion-finds-study.aspx

Good god

9 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Fake news

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Meanwhile, Abbott's latest tweet is him bashing Biden on Afghanistan.  Should the governor of a state that's being slammed by a hurricane and slammed by  Covid be talking about what's happening 12,000 miles away and citing Patriotproject.com?

This is so depressing. The governor of one of our most important States reads and shares pure propaganda in his spare time. Because there weren't enough legitimate outlets criticizing Biden to make his point?

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This is infuriating.

Douglas County  and Jackson County Oregon.  First, a reddit post:

There was a huge antivax rally in my county (Jackson county) It was right outside of a hospital. About 1600 people showed up. It was really just sad to see so many people with signs saying how their rights are being infringed upon by being forced to wear masks and how the vaccine is a bioweapon, right in front of an almost completely filled ICU. 3066 people have died in Oregon because of Covid-19. Oregon has had 260,425 cases. 

Now, the Sherriff's turn:

Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin says he won't enforce Gov. Kate Brown's mask mandate, which goes into effect on Friday, saying it is "potentially more reckless than doing nothing to stop the spread of COVID."

The sheriff posted a statement on his Facebook page late Wednesday afternoon in an attempt to address an influx of questions from residents and the media.

"The Douglas County Sheriff's Office will NOT be enforcing Governor Brown's mandates period," Hanlin wrote. "The citizens of Douglas County can choose to wear a mask or choose not to wear a mask. We can choose to get vaccinated or choose not to get vaccinated. And we can choose to stay home or we can choose to travel about freely.

"There are choices we as informed individuals shall make ourselves, NOT have made for us by the government," he continued.

Now for a reddit report from Eugene:

Guys, shits getting real. We have 101 Covid cases today at the hospital. Our staffing ratios are now such that an ICU nurse is taking 4-6 pts instead of the normal 1-2 and a floor nurse is there to "help". Normal floor nurses are taking 6-8 right now instead of 4-5. This may go up to 12 as things get worse. We literally have no more room in the morgue and will be getting "cold trucks" to hold the dead. With the way the numbers are growing in the county, things are only going to get worse at the hospital. But, if you had your vaccine, you probably won't end up in the hospital. Most pts that are admitted, 90 some percent, have not been vaccinate. Also, ALL surgeries except "life or limb" are on hold. The Anesthesiologist are now taking care of the ICU pts, which are now in the PACU instead of the ICU because ICU is full of Covid. The Intensivists (ICU drs) are having meetings to come up with a plan on who gets what...who gets sent home to die, who gets admitted, who gets a vent (which we are running out of), who has to go home because they are not sick enough yet

So yeah, fuck all these anti-vaxxer idiots.  Fuck the Sherriff of Douglas County in particular.  I'm not sure the Herman Cain Awards is enough for me anymore.  These people are fucking over so many innocent people now (have read of people in great physical pain awaiting cancer surgeries that should have already happened for example) that we really need to quit treating the unvaccinated.  At the very least, the ICU beds need to be de-prioritized for them.  I mean, if a Sheriff can ignore a State mandate can hospitals not start to make the rational decisions required?

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, pantone159 said:

Humans (or any animals) do not have cell walls, only cell membranes. The walls are for plants. So count me skeptical of this particular source.

the article I linked refers to membranes. the comment was dumbed down for non-medical folks. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I think that before you are ever transported to a hospital, your vaccination status should be asked.  You are unvaxxed, you go to your house.  You refused the vaccine, you should not get the option to take up finite resources while you are finding out.  Fuck you.

This. These selfish fucksticks are overwhelming the ER system. It's their fucking choice. Let them wallow and die in it. Fucking infuriating. 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This is so depressing. The governor of one of our most important States reads and shares pure propaganda in his spare time. Because there weren't enough legitimate outlets criticizing Biden to make his point?

this is the same motherfucker who sent out an bat signal for help from other states because our hospital system is over burdened by the fucksticks he's coddling to. Fuck him and the selfish assholes who are making the situation worse. 

we will all be better off when they all die.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

40 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

one more down, millions more to go. Team Darwin FTMW!

kept his idiocy through the end. blames biden and illegals with covid for his affliction. no way it could possibly be the millions of fucksticks who think covid is leftist media propaganda and refuse to get the vaccine or wear a simple fucking mask. the conviction to stupidity is awe inspiring. 

own the libs by dying of covid. we should get them to make this a thing. 

3fedt3kmvmj71.png

Saint Peter’s job must be pretty interesting these days.

Recently deceased:  Where... where am I?

Saint Peter:  Covid vaccination status?

Recently deceased: What?

Saint Peter:   You died of covid-19.  What is your vaccination status? Did you get the covid vaccine previously?

Recently deceased:  What?  I’m dead?  But I was just at the hospital.

Saint Peter.  Was being the operative word.  Now please answer the question, when you were alive, did you ever get the covid-19 vaccine?

Recently deceased:  God, no!

Voice of God:  Don’t bring me into your mess.

Saint Peter:  I see.  Well, I’m sorry, but you’ll have to go to hell.  Please wait in that line over there and a demonic bus will be along shortly.

Recently deceased:  What?  But I am Christian, I tithed every week.  I voted for Trump, God’s chosen one!

Voice of God: Jesus Christ, do you people even read the Bible?

Voice of Jesus:  What did I do?

Voice of Rush Limbaugh from below:  What do you mean, “you people?”

Saint Peter:  Look, I’m sure you did some good things in life.  But these are unprecedented times.  There’s a global pandemic, people are dying in droves, and I’m sorry... but we just don’t have the room, equipment or staff to support you.

Recently deceased: WHAT THE FUCK?!  I WANT TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER GODDAMMIT!

Two angels grasp the recently deceased and take off in flight with him, descending to deposit him into the fiery pit of Hell.

Voice of God:  THE MANAGER HAS HEARD ENOUGH.  I think I need to up-tweak the fatality rate on this plague.

Saint Peter:  God, I know you have reasons and I can’t understand everything you do, but please, can we get some more help up here, first.  How about Ginsburg?  She’s ready.

Voice of RBG:  You want me to render judgment on the wicked?  That’s, uh... kind of my fetish.

Voice of God:  Very well, RBG, you start tomorrow, then I will set up a breakthrough in vaccine trials with Children under the age of 12, and then I’ll up the fatality rate among the unvaccinated by 50%.  We can consider backing that out once the bad apples among the evangelicals are culled.

Saint Peter:  Thank you, God.

Voice of RBG:  It’s showtime!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I think that before you are ever transported to a hospital, your vaccination status should be asked.  You are unvaxxed, you go to your house.  You refused the vaccine, you should not get the option to take up finite resources while you are finding out.  Fuck you.

Arkansas has separate ICU beds for Covid and then everything else.  Covid beds are full and it’s my understanding that if you need one, tough shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

This pisses me off.  My dad was just diagnosed with cancer and they won't be able to get him in for his next surgery until hopefully the end of next month.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 6

16 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

16 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Arkansas has separate ICU beds for Covid and then everything else.  Covid beds are full and it’s my understanding that if you need one, tough shit.

6 minutes ago, speed817 said:

This pisses me off.  My dad was just diagnosed with cancer and they won't be able to get him in for his next surgery until hopefully the end of next month.

This dumb "look at me" Bible thumping bitch is complaining that her poor little baby can't get into the ER because it's overrun by her dipshit ilk. Surprise, asshole!

https://www.reddit.com/r/LeopardsAteMyFace/comments/pbt7b4/turns_out_shes_anti_vax_anti_mask_and_a_covid/

Mrs Hannah Yoder

@mrshannahyoder

·

Feb 11

Saying you should wear a mask because you could potentially give someone Covid - is like saying you should never drive because you could potentially kill someone in an accident. Realistically we gamble with our lives everyday because we are not promised tomorrow.

Mrs Hannah Yoder
@mrshannahyoder
·
Feb 11
Regardless of the “experts” that herald it - it remains an illusion that injecting harmful toxins (va((ines) into your body will protect another person in any capacity.

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Abbott is taking a not-so-smooth buttfucking on that Twitter thread.

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This is infuriating.

Infuriating.

21 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

A hell of a start. I'd make exceptions for COVID patients who are fully vaxxed.

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

The repeat of the Sturgis Super Spreader event woke me up to the realization these years will be remembered as the Pandemic Years when this history is written. It did not have to be this way. 

When your nominal leader perceives that he  only benefits from dividing the People and is only capable of caring about his own interests, you’re gonna have a bad time. 

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

So how much horse paste do I pick up at Tractor Supply now?

• Haha 1