CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

18 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yes, it would have been preferable for public health if one of the biggest elections of our lifetimes didn't happen this year. But such is life, and I see a shit ton of masks in that crowd.

Guidance doesn’t say it’s okay to gather in the hundreds shoulder to shoulder because you have a “shit ton” of masks. It’s still a large risk. Better than an indoor maskless rally bit let’s not start lauding them for their “wise” choices.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Newdoc said:

Guidance doesn’t say it’s okay to gather in the hundreds shoulder to shoulder because you have a “shit ton” of masks. It’s still a large risk. Better than an indoor maskless rally bit let’s not start lauding them for their “wise” choices.

I'm not. But some things you can at least understand the risk for.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the majority of people in this site do follow guidance, maybe when we were younger and on the other site... it’d be a different story. Which yea- most of these are young people in their 20s.

But id wager they’re the same 20yr olds who were horrified by trumps campaigns and praised joe for closing off his or having drive thru rallies

1 hour ago, Newdoc said:

Well, you know one of the symptoms of covid, right?

spacer.png

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Yes, it would have been preferable for public health if one of the biggest elections of our lifetimes didn't happen this year. But such is life, and I see a shit ton of masks in that crowd.

Lots of masks that ain’t gonna do shit.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Lol. Political rallies/mass celebrations are so far down the fucking list when we are restricting people from funerals, family events, etc. 

I wasn't aware that I was arguing otherwise. Scroll up a few posts to where I said I'm traveling for both holidays. I totally understand people doing those things as well.

Better buckle up because the virus is out of control and numbers will likely increase each and every day for at least the next two months until we decide to do something about it. Which we won’t because a deranged narcissist is in charge and now he’s pissed and wants Americans to die since they voted him out.  

Show me how I’m wrong. I would love to hear it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

PFE vax data read out. 90% efficacy apparently. Show time. probably what drug things out as cases slower to accrue in the active arm. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/09/covid-vaccine-pfizer-drug-is-more-than-90percent-effective-in-preventing-infection.html

Fantastic news.  We need some.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

On the flip side, the spike in US cases probably helped them hit the interim analysis trigger. 

Yes, I chalk that up to "things you don't root for, but end up as necessary blessings." When I read the MRNA protocol a few months ago, I saw in their methodology an assumption of achieving their total number of cases in 6 months. So the planned interim analyses would really be important, but how long to get there, and would the lower incidence of cases prolong the timeline? Well, our country couldn't help itself, and the cases came a-blazin' so here we are. Thanks to all the super spreaders!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Eastwood said:

Get ready for the conspiracy theorists going HAM on this news being released after Trump lost. As a Pfizer stock owner, they announced well over a month ago that they would probably have results some time in November.

Trump = We'll have a vaccine in November!!!!

Vaccine comes out in November.

Trumpkins = "It's a conspiracy!!!!"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Get ready for the conspiracy theorists going HAM on this news being released after Trump lost. As a Pfizer stock owner, they announced well over a month ago that they would probably have results some time in November.

Oh you absolutely know that's gonna happen. 

An ocular surgeon acquaintance of ours took part in the Pfizer trials. So did two of his friends from the medical community. Our acquaintance got the placebo but his two friends got the vaccine.

It was two different injections over a period of time and they both produced COVID-19 antibodies. Both reported mild discomfort and flu-like symptoms but it didn’t last more than 24 hours.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, PsychMike said:

Yes, I chalk that up to "things you don't root for, but end up as necessary blessings." When I read the MRNA protocol a few months ago, I saw in their methodology an assumption of achieving their total number of cases in 6 months. So the planned interim analyses would really be important, but how long to get there, and would the lower incidence of cases prolong the timeline? Well, our country couldn't help itself, and the cases came a-blazin' so here we are. Thanks to all the super spreaders!

umm, please help?

image.gif.997249d2d1299bba1fed9e194c8e2816.gif

6 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Biden's advisory group includes Osterholm and Rick Bright, who led BARDA until this summer and famously quit because of the bullshit Trump response to COVID.

Good to hear about Bright. Got to see a lot from him in Gibneys COVID doc and was impressed with his no bullshit attitude. Time to let the scientists/doctors do sciencey/doctor things.