2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

4 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The “warrior patriots” cracked after not being able to go to Chili’s for a month.

And Chili's wasn't even that good.  Have you heard about the ones that couldn't go to the Four Seasons Total Landscape for lawncare needs for this entire election cycle? 

55 minutes ago, ndawg said:

Whatever the solution is, it'll be like trying to boil an ocean, and the trouble will be picking the right ocean to boil, because there are a lot to choose from.

I suspect it will involve turning a weapon used against us into a defense. For instance, the viral nature of the internet and social media could become a vector for informing people en masse. I've often wondered why we don't have something like Wikipedia, but for aggregating all legitimate journalism for current events, so that we could refute bullshit faster than trolls produce it. Make it easy for people to win arguments with trolls online, and an army of counter-trolls will practically raise itself.

(Of course, overpowering disinformation on social media may not even fix the problem... this is a fucked up system we're dealing with)

Lol, we have that now. It's called The Internet.

"Here, what you said was factually inaccurate."
"Is that from the NYT? Fake news, now real."

/head explodes.

That just don't respect any source that contradicts their idiocy. 

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

I think that's the part I'm most disappointed about.  I thought there were enough respectable people on the right (yes, there are some) would say "ok, you're not gonna do this shit." but it appears as if Trump has bullied them into submission

He fired everyone until the whole administration was Peter Principled

2 hours ago, immamac said:

yeah, immediate trade embargos from everyone except mexico/russia/china. Expulsion from international bases and consulates combined with opening sanctuary for Americans wanting to flee would probably have a pretty substantial implosion on America overnight. 

So you're saying I might be able to retire to Canada after all??

Something that gets lost in this is that there is a difference between a failure to concede ("...we want to make sure all votes are counted...", "...we are looking for a recount...") and the absolute insanity of claiming victory ("WE WON BIG", "there will be a smooth transition to a Trump second term.")

Even now, the media has a problem covering Trump because they are still using traditional, relatively neutral terms to describe shit that is just completely fucking bonkers. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Something that gets lost in this is that there is a difference between a failure to concede ("...we want to make sure all votes are counted...", "...we are looking for a recount...") and the absolute insanity of claiming victory ("WE WON BIG", "there will be a smooth transition to a Trump second term.")

Even now, the media has a problem covering Trump because they are still using traditional, relatively neutral terms to describe shit that is just completely fucking bonkers. 

RE: the election, I hear the disclaimer "unsubstantiated" and "baseless" just about every time.  Granted this is on CNN and NPR radio.

41 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

People are batshit crazy if they think widespread violence is coming.  Spend a day in the hospital with me and I’ll show you how big a buncha pussies most of this country is.  It’s actually comical.  Just run the clock out until the transition comes.  

End of the day what leverage does Don have?  Yeah, he's got some people that are scared of him, but this is going nowhere.  Trump clan will fold.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, seven said:

A minor talking about killing the president is extrapolated to 100 million brainwashed people. I'm not sure how to even respond to this. 

You haven't seen the behavior of millions of Americans over the last four years, attempting to run an election bus off a road, showing up in a neighboring state to "protect" a town you dont live in and murdering people, inciting riots in minneapolis, plotting to attempt to kidnap a sitting governor, multiple mass shootings by far right extremists, re-tweeting "White Power" from the Resolute Desk, etc. You're ignoring mountains of individual pieces of evidence and also glossing over what was probably some hyperbole. Well, ok. I'm not sure I even know how to respond to this idiocy. 

2 hours ago, seven said:

Just my opinion, but I don't think minors are where we should be making examples out of people. 

Again, Kyle Rittenhouse shouldn't be made an example of?

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

So Pompeo and his wife committed multiple abuses of office, and probably felonies, where the statute of limitations will not have run when Biden takes over. He’s a clown and a shit bird. 

I assume he'll get pardoned.

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Our state sucks

How exactly did this failed businessman get a million dollars much less a spare million to pay for this shit? Unless it's coming out of state funds.

Oh wait, either way he's a corrupt POS. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This makes you feel better?

I find it comforting that a full-scale military takeover is now the only way for Trump to stay in power. Because if there’s one thing I know about Trump, it’s that he is a coward. President Bone Spurs is not the guy to cross the Rubicon.

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/biden-victory-trump-lawsuit/

3 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Would. Not. Be. Surprised. To. See. Guns. And. Tikki. Torches.

I'd actually be creeped out and worried if I didn't see guns at this thing.  That would actually make me think this march was running interference for the real violent event happening hundreds of miles away.  Only time you worry about a Trumper doing something dangerous is when they get all calm and collected and say some shit like, "Yeah, you're right (put weapon back in case)...I brought that shit on myself.  Um...why don't you just um...go to sleep?"  

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

How exactly did this failed businessman get a million dollars much less a spare million to pay for this shit? Unless it's coming out of state funds.

Oh wait, either way he's a corrupt POS. 

He knows he ain't going to have to pay out shit. There will be no convicted fraud cases. It's all pandering.

Edited by Kel Varnsen

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'd actually be creeped out and worried if I didn't see guns at this thing.  That would actually make me think this march was running interference for the real violent event happening hundreds of miles away.  Only time you worry about a Trumper doing something dangerous is when they get all calm and collected and say some shit like, "Yeah, you're right (put weapon back in case)...I brought that shit on myself.  Um...why don't you just um...go to sleep?"  

internet what GIF

16 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Our state sucks

So they clearly don't expect to find any fraud in reality.  Hell, even if they did get some manufactured info, can you imagine cross examining the witness who didn't say a word about witnessing voter fraud until being offered over $25,000 to come up with something.  

This makes you feel better?

I find it comforting that a full-scale military takeover is now the only way for Trump to stay in power. Because if there’s one thing I know about Trump, it’s that he is a coward. President Bone Spurs is not the guy to cross the Rubicon.

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/biden-victory-trump-lawsuit/

About that......more people out at DoD.

26 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Have to use the Truth Sandwich method. They usually don't.

13 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Can’t open carry in DC, and I’m going to go on a limb that they don’t have proper permits for a march. 

I can't recall if it was this thread or a different one. The Proud Poor Boys are going to be there, don't know how many. That ups the ante a little. As @Pam Cummings said, 'they want a reason...' Trump's idea of power is BIG POWER. Military style jack boots, tanks, weapons. To him, that is what power looks like, it's how it should be enforced and it's what he's hoping for. This is the man who wanted to hurt people seeking asylum. I think about that a lot. People fleeing violence, horrific violence and he wants to shoot them or hurt them.

People protesting and he wants to hurt them, shoot them. Remember what he said about Tiananmen Square?

"When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength," Trump replied. "That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak...as being spit on by the rest of the world." (Trump 1990).