2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Most reassuring thing I've seen since the election was called for Biden. That's good. I thought it'd be closer to 60%. 80% is in range of actually putting some fear into the GOP of losing seats they shouldn't if they keep pushing Trump's coup attempt.

Then again if a poll says it's 80%, it's probably 12%.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

One thing has become crystal clear to me in this mess, we need to take away the power of the president to pardon people for crimes they haven’t been indicted or charged with yet.  That is some bullshit there.  
And codify any safeguard that relies on norms. And reduce the power of the executive in anyway possible. Not sure how far that can go with Mitch

7 minutes ago, G650 said:

Seriously, they are just trying to cover up all the criming

According to the Frontline on him, Putin cannot leave the Kremlin without losing his fortune and his liberty. That fear causes tyrants to act like tyrants. 

Putin's Way is becoming Trump's way - 

EDWARD LUCAS, Senior Editor, The Economist: There’s never been a good succession model in the Soviet Union or in Russia, and he’s very worried about how he will leave power. He doesn’t want to leave in a coffin. He doesn’t want to go to a jail cell.

He has got so many guilty secrets, so much money’s been stolen, so many people have been killed that he doesn’t really trust anyone to keep him safe if he steps down from power. So in a way, he’s both the master of the Kremlin, but also a prisoner in it.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/putins-way/transcript/

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
29 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:
One thing has become crystal clear to me in this mess, we need to take away the power of the president to pardon people for crimes they haven’t been indicted or charged with yet.  That is some bullshit there.  

And codify any safeguard that relies on norms. And reduce the power of the executive in anyway possible. Not sure how far that can go with Mitch

You know Mitch doesn’t actually have any codified power, by law.  Only by precedent and norms.  The Senate Majority leader could actually be reduced to nothing if it comes down to it.  

https://www.legbranch.org/2018-8-1-what-makes-senate-leaders-so-powerful/

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

27 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Not only did he lie, he got paid for it.

He better be prosecuted.

Well, fucking of course.  I mean, why not?

26 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

5q2qMWBN8OmGYKx0ntTgv8RGJ_2ngjEiDNj6Zae8

23 minutes ago, G650 said:

This is actually a credible hypothesis.

14 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Is that a lot?

i-was-told-there-would-be-no-math.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

By all means, let’s start trusting polls now.  

There was actually a great interview with a sociologist specializing in polls about why polls are pretty much meaningless in terms of actual data now, but how they actively sway people's personal behavior when it comes to elections.  The basic gist is that pollsters only actually reach people in the single digits (compared to 30-40% in the 70s and 80s), so they have to heavily weight them based on people they think they missed.  Unfortunately, with so little data, they are basically just making shit up out of whole cloth.  

Double unfortunately, Americans pay heavy attention to these polls and let them alter the way they strategize about elections (whether or not to even vote).  Basically she said polls are bullshit and should not be used at all anymore, but no one knows how to get out of it.