Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

First against the wall

“Stephen Actually Enjoys Seeing Those Pictures”: The West Wing Fractures Over Trump’s Migrant-Family Policy
Miller gloats and Sanders sulks as the president—oblivious to the moral problem and political consequences—bulls ahead.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/06/stephen-miller-family-separation-white-house

so, what we know is that this executive order is alleged to stop the practice of tearing families apart at the border, but we are still going to keep the enhanced zero tolerance policy for asylum seekers by branding them as criminals after forcing them to the choice of an unknown wait at he border or crossing illegally and asking for asylum?

i'll take the good with the bad, though it's obvious they wanted to separate these families in the first place, because they are monsters.

but it appears about as thought out as most trump policy. what happens after 20 days? are we increasing the number of judges, infrastructure? 

what about the kids currently in camps?

Edited by hayden_horn

26 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

So now he says anyone with a heart would feel bad for those kids but just yesterday said they were infesting America? 

WTF? Am i taking crazy pills!?!?!?

He feels terrible about what his DHS Secretary said isn't happening and Obama made him do what isn't happening that he feels terrible about. 

• Like 2

Has anyone else noticed the recent trend of female Trump supporters acting offended to get out of a tough question?  

Q:  How do you feel about the Trump admin policy to separate young children from their mothers, which has been described as child abuse by pediatricians?

A:  How dare you ask me that offensive question.  How dare you.  

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Has anyone else noticed the recent trend of female Trump supporters acting offended to get out of a tough question?  

Q:  How do you feel about the Trump admin policy to separate young children from their mothers, which has been described as child abuse by pediatricians?

A:  How dare you ask me that offensive question.  How dare you.  

All over my fb feed.

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

1. Based on the axiom that everything he says is a transparent lie, I guess some of the people really did boo him for smack talking about Sanford.

2. Mueller needs to hurry up.  This is embarrassing for our country.  Maybe he’s just waiting to see if the Dems win Congress so there’s a chance something would actually be done.

I think it's really hard for Mueller to "finish" when every thread you pull leads to ongoing crimes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

This ranks pretty low on my "shit I hate about Donald Trump" list, at the moment. There are bigger fish to fry...

While I understand your personal sentiment, I personally would like to see, shit I dunno, a person of color in the room when you're talking about immigration and the shit you're about to sign?  But that's just me...

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

"Hilarious"?  

Maybe for his next international summit he can pack a whoopee cushion...

Maybe, as just a real howler of a gag, next time they meet Angela can present him with one of these and say "for Barron -- in case you all ever have to cross a border."

5122567?$sclp-prd-main_large$

Man, wouldn't that be HILARIOUS!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

While I understand your personal sentiment, I personally would like to see, shit I dunno, a person of color in the room when you're talking about immigration and the shit you're about to sign?  But that's just me...

Oh yeah, I 100% agree with you. I just know better than to even hope for that out of this administration. He truly gives no shits.

11 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

So with everything going on today, this is the first thing he picks to tweet about this afternoon? I have no more words to describe all this. 

He’s probably seething with rage that he had to back down.  He is going to hate-fuck Miller for minutes. 

Both sides.  And so on.  The liberal media has found something ugly to latch onto that's happened before and they're running with it. Smart politics.  

From correspondent for noted conservative org, the Young Turks. 

I expect little to no acknowledgement of this, per Surly protocol.  

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Maybe, as just a real howler of a gag, next time they meet Angela can present him with one of these and say "for Barron -- in case you all ever have to cross a border."

5122567?$sclp-prd-main_large$

Man, wouldn't that be HILARIOUS!

Kind of?

19 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Both sides.  And so on.  The liberal media has found something ugly to latch onto that's happened before and they're running with it. Smart politics.  

Our policing of our borders sucked before and many of the people involved sucked as well. But, from the top level, at least the goal wasn't expressly to inflict pain and suffering. Read the accounts you posted. Many of them ultimately result in reunification a short time later. Some of them represent decisions, perhaps incorrect ones, to separate parents from children based on a belief that the parents would endanger the children. I don't like any of these things. They disturb me greatly and always have. But, I also recognize that those incidents were largely incidental results of a larger bureaucratic system that needed a way to process people in some orderly fashion. Unfortunately, that system was forced to implement bad law and at least some of the individuals involved chose to do so in cruel ways.

There, I've acknowledged your post and that our previous handling of immigration sucked too. Now it is your turn to acknowledge that Trump's policies are different. Before, there was no top-down order that cruelty be inflicted.  Trump insisted on cruelty and pain, and did so because he thought it bought him something politically. Of course, you'll never recognize that because you are a disgusting human being. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

So with everything going on today, this is the first thing he picks to tweet about this afternoon? I have no more words to describe all this. 

He's only tweeting about that because there was some stuff going around yesterday about how his joke fell flat in the room.

So he found it important to tell the world that not only did the room laugh, they laughed LOUDLY.

He really might be the most weak and insecure person of all time. Finally a superlative for Trump that's actually real and accurate!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

If you'll notice, the criminal behavior is reentry, or coming back in after being deported. We are criminally prosecuting first time offenfers. I expect little acknowledgement of this, per MAGA protocol. 

• Like 1

Just now, Captainant said:

If you'll notice, the criminal behavior is reentry, or coming back in after being deported. We are criminally prosecuting first time offenfers. I expect little acknowledgement of this, per MAGA protocol. 

As usual, they're too busy screaming about bullshit to listen.

• Like 1