Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Oriental still is okay among the older generation and those fresh in from, well, the Orient. You see it used all the time in Houston's Chinatown. I really don't know how that one came to have a negative connotation, as all it means is "Eastern," as opposed to "Occidental," which means Western. 

My understanding is that you can use “oriental” to describe a rug, vase, massage parlor. What is frowned upon is using it to label people.

27 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I don't believe I'm the one whose head the point is flying right over, Pancho.

I’m fully aware of everything you posted. I’m not dumb but I know you like to think that.

regardless it has nothing to do with what I was stating 

3 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

I’m fully aware of everything you posted. I’m not dumb but I know you like to think that.

regardless it has nothing to do with what I was stating 

I have never had a thought vis a vis your intelligence at all.  Just pointing out that the point did not sail over my head.

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

In other words, in the past like in the response to Puerto Rico, we had no support. And he thanks him for the "compliment".

“Whenever we’re kinda tired and don’t feel like doing some bullshit like rescuing people or managing a crisis, this President absolutely supports us.”

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I guess he’s ignoring the memo that his attempts to undermine the “rigged witch hunt” have completely failed as its more popular than ever and his partner in crime Manafort is singing like a canary. 

His tweets are starting to sound like weak farts. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, scottsins said:

My understanding is that you can use “oriental” to describe a rug, vase, massage parlor. What is frowned upon is using it to label people.

You are probably right, but I don't really see why it's an insult to have an "Oriental Book Store" but it is to describe a person as Oriental. A few years ago they were trying to rename Chinatown because it's not just Chinese. It's almost equally Vietnamese. And then there are the Taiwanese. Ever big strip mall has a sushi bar and Korean restaurant. There are Malay and Indonesian places too. Some wanted to call it Asiatown, but then that offended Indians and Pakistanis, etc., because aren't they from Asia too? 

If I moved to China and somebody called me a "Westerner," I can't imagine how I would find that offensive. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

10 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

In other words, in the past like in the response to Puerto Rico, we had no support. And he thanks him for the "compliment".

Why would Brock kiss his ass?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/09/femas-brock-long-investigated-for-misusing-funds-on-travel.html

When FEMA administrator Brock Long started his job last year, he began to take routine trips home to North Carolina, using a government driver and vehicle to make the six-hour trek from Washington, D.C. An aide, who would stay in hotel room at taxpayer expense, would also accompany Long on these trips.

According to Politico, Long’s taxpayer-funded travel has become the subject of an investigation by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) inspector general, who took notice after a government vehicle was involved in an accident while in Long’s use. The administrator’s trips home to North Carolina have also drawn the ire of his boss, DHS secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, who reportedly confronted him about them this summer. One source told Politico that Nielsen suggested Long, who was traveling home too frequently for the secretary’s liking, resign over the issue.