Karen of the Year

cactusflinthead

27 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I thought she said she lives in Oakland.

She lives in white, soccer Mom Oakland. That’s a much different part of Oakland than what most people visualize. She’s probably too scared to walk around Lake Merritt on a Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

guess this goes here?

I know they pulled these people out and gave them a ride to shore.  I might've thrown them a rope to tow them in, but I wouldn't have let them in my boat.  Would've gone nice and slow and every 15 seconds or so asked them what lessons they learned today.

Edited by NameAlreadyInUse
fucking commas, how do they work?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I know they pulled these people out and gave them a ride to shore.  I might've thrown them a rope, to tow them in, but I wouldn't have let them in my boat.  Would've gone nice and slow and every 15 seconds or so asked them what lessons they learned today.

They got lifejackets. Shore aint too far.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I know they pulled these people out and gave them a ride to shore.  I might've thrown them a rope to tow them in, but I wouldn't have let them in my boat.  Would've gone nice and slow and every 15 seconds or so asked them what lessons they learned today.

"oh yall dont want to ride on this boat, you might catch gay from us!" then speed off with double birds and leave them in their wake.  It's way more than they deserve. 

WTF is wrong with people?  What is it about these cunts that makes them think its ok to harass people that are minding their own business?  The world would be a better place if they burned to death on that shitty little boat.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, HornPhD said:

She lives in white, soccer Mom Oakland. That’s a much different part of Oakland than what most people visualize. She’s probably too scared to walk around Lake Merritt on a Saturday. 

Yeah. She's in Rockridge, or the Hills. Maybe Montclair. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

"oh yall dont want to ride on this boat, you might catch gay from us!" then speed off with double birds and leave them in their wake.  It's way more than they deserve. 

WTF is wrong with people?  What is it about these cunts that makes them think its ok to harass people that are minding their own business?  The world would be a better place if they burned to death on that shitty little boat.  

Should’ve made a few circles around them before driving off. 

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

No, you see, people who are the victims of hatred are called upon to be the bigger people and extend the hand of friendship and show grace to the pieces of shit who abuse them. 

“I’m a prankster god! I am killing me.” -Hicks

Edited by Willfully Horn
Accuracy

Guest Lobo

I think some fellow Trumper boating enthusiasts from Lake Travis were gonna come help out the burning boat, but they kept sinking.  

I'm saying just because you're a bigot, you should suffer a maritime disaster...but I'm not saying I feel bad for you either. 

42 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I think some fellow Trumper boating enthusiasts from Lake Travis were gonna come help out the burning boat, but they kept sinking.  

I'm saying just because you're a bigot, you should suffer a maritime disaster...but I'm not saying I feel bad for you either. 

[Michael Scott] Abraham Lincoln said "if you are a bigot, I will make your boat sink like an iceberg hitting the Love Boat." [/Michael Scott]

On 6/1/2021 at 4:08 PM, Deej said:

Just reading the story, I thought she had a case. Then I watched the video. Full on Karen.

I don't know the hiring and firing practices of the firm that fired her. I'm guessing that  she will find that she could have been fired for just about anything in today's work environment.

To be honest, I'm not sure she should lose her livelihood. She went to classes and apologized. The other side of this despicable Karen story is that maybe Franklin Templeton used her termination to burnish their image. I don't know the whole story, but was it common knowledge that that was the place she was employed? Was Franklin Templeton damaged by the event?

She owes that man in the park something. He couldn't have been more civil or unthreatening. The worst side of the case, and I know it's obvious, is a friendly black man watching birds can't just enjoy his day. It's not much to expect and it shouldn't have to be asked for.

16 minutes ago, Deej said:

The worst side of the case is a friendly black man watching birds might have ended up being shot by the police. 

I refer to the facts.

I agree about the mortifying potential to the whole situation. She was willing to put the man in terrible jeopardy by having the police arrive on the run, guns drawn, and believing (wanting to believe) they are rescuing our wimmin from the black man. Looking at it that way, maybe losing her job is equitable punishment.

39 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Welp, Walmart just got sued, a damn shame as asshole clearly got his just rewards. 

They have deep pockets, use them. 

Go ahead, bring your case about a man attacking a small female employee with a shopping cart only to be leveled by a single punch from same female. Let's get your deposition, show the video, get you on the stand, ask why you were attacking her, and be sure the courtroom is filled with women to laugh at you.

Let's see if you have a facebook page where you brag of being an alpha among the betas; where you decry the snowflakes; where you have your guns hanging all over your absurd man-cave.

Oh, please file and pursue this lawsuit, bitch. We'll keep the woman who dropped you like a burlap sack of shit in a strait jacket so you'll feel save in the courtroom, bitch. 

I'm not an attorney, but this would be a gas.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Just reading the story, I thought she had a case. Then I watched the video. Full on Karen.

I don't know the hiring and firing practices of the firm that fired her. I'm guessing that  she will find that she could have been fired for just about anything in today's work environment.

To be honest, I'm not sure she should lose her livelihood. She went to classes and apologized. The other side of this despicable Karen story is that maybe Franklin Templeton used her termination to burnish their image. I don't know the whole story, but was it common knowledge that that was the place she was employed? Was Franklin Templeton damaged by the event?

She owes that man in the park something. He couldn't have been more civil or unthreatening. The worst side of the case, and I know it's obvious, is a friendly black man watching birds can't just enjoy his day. It's not much to expect and it shouldn't have to be asked for.

Doesn't matter if Templeton was damaged by the event or not.  They have the right to fire idiots, especially racial idiots, for what they do off site.  That being said, if it had happened to us, we would have given the employee due process.  I.e., called her in for a meeting, and asked her to tell her side of the story and provide any info she wanted.

And then, barring some issue of mistaken identity/employee on ADA accommodation with prescription drugs going haywire, etc., we'd fire her.  For sure.  Because she harasses black people 0-- some of whom work for us.  That's against our Code of Business Conduct.

If they just termed based on the video and didn't give her a chance to explain, well, a factfinder might not like that.  So the case may have some value.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I agree about the mortifying potential to the whole situation. She was willing to put the man in terrible jeopardy by having the police arrive on the run, guns drawn, and believing (wanting to believe) they are rescuing our wimmin from the black man. Looking at it that way, maybe losing her job is equitable punishment.

It's not about punishment of the man.  That's not the company's business.  Their business is protecting their employees from harassment.  This employee is a proven harasser.

The company also has a right to protect their brand.  Keeping her on sullies the brand.  If the lady can show that they have kept non-whites or non-females on who have engaged in similar conduct, then she's got a nice discrimination case.  I'm assuming that's going to be really hard to do.

• Hook 'Em 2

Another Karen enters the competition:

It's a little hard to understand what she is saying at the beginning due to her voice being so shrill in its outrage and Karen-ness. It picks up at the end. She is big mad, as the tweeter noticed.

Here is some back story to the video above:

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2021/06/york-statue-defaced-months-after-appearing-on-mount-tabor.html

The bust is of a slave member (York) of the Lewis and Clark expedition and was placed there sometime after the previous statue of Harvey Scott (longtime conservative editor of the Oregonian and opponent of women's suffrage) was removed. The article goes into more detail.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It's a little hard to understand what she is saying at the beginning due to her voice being so shrill in its outrage and Karen-ness. It picks up at the end. She is big mad, as the tweeter noticed.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2021/06/york-statue-defaced-months-after-appearing-on-mount-tabor.html

The bust is of a slave member (York) of the Lewis and Clark expedition and was placed there sometime after the previous statue of Harvey Scott (longtime conservative editor of the Oregonian and opponent of women's suffrage) was removed. The article goes into more detail.

Isn't there a dotard law that says 10 years for defacing a statue?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's sad the Republicans have turned into such fucking snowflakes.

But they worship a Vietnam draft dodger and who mocked a Vietnam POW, so nothing surprises me.

When did it turn for you?

Been a lotta meta about DT and CR.

I don't think I would have read this from you in 2010.

Sack and Tahoe were around here a lot more back then. pearland and clearlake too.

I was turning right at Mayhill off 35.

That stupid fucking wall. He said the Atwater quiet part out loud. All the oxygen left the stage. 

And walla here we be.

On 6/7/2021 at 9:03 AM, RomaVicta said:

Yes, F-T got brought up pretty quick in her doxxing.  I believe she had a very well-paid job in the organization, which was probably a more interesting fact than her employer, but the employer got "tarred" with it pretty quick.

I don't know what NY employment laws are like, insofar as at-will or pretty stringent wrongful discharge laws.  That she relied on racial and sex discrimination indicates that there weren't other legal grounds to challenge her termination, as those apply pretty much without regard to "ordinary" employment laws.

It may be that she's trying to turn Gorsuch's reasoning in Bostock on its head.  That is, if you're fired for being a racist outside of work, that tends to be an adverse employment event premised on race (assuming it's one race on another race), which is exactly what those laws forbid, albeit in a different context, usually.

But, tantric's the expert on employment law from the employer's perspective.  And you win a discrimination lawsuit by providing a non-discriminatory reason for the termination, such as "protecting the brand" or removing an employee that has potential to violate workplace "safety" guidelines, like harassment or racially hostile environment.

I, too, am a little bit uncomfortable with these people losing their livelihoods.  I wonder, in practice, how long it takes someone to "live it down" and find another job.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 4:14 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

what is it with these people not taking their lumps and learning a lesson, but instead digging in and doubling down? 

What a nonsensical thing.  The air that I breathe?  Wut?

Also, is that a pimp hat?  The fucking fuck?

Edited by TwiceHorn

On 6/9/2021 at 5:13 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Why weren't they calling the police?  They stand around with phones filming and talking with a lunatic.  The footage I want to see her trying to outrun the cops, falling on the ground and rolling around in a tantrum and then getting dragged into a squad car while yelling and showing how classy bigotry looks.    

• Like 1