2020 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES: Joe Biden vs Donald Trump

Mrs Whiggins

Just now, Kel Varnsen said:

Personal Attacks is Trump's go to

Because he’s an insecure asshole who knows he’s a disgusting, detestable loser with nothing to offer and no real friends. The only thing that distracts him from his crippling but entirely justified self-loathing is insulting someone decent. Fuck him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Additionally, people are going to say Biden is weak from getting railroaded by Trump, but how would any reasonable person have dealt with this better? He just keeps talking. You can’t whip his ass. What does someone do if he never shuts up?  I don’t know that Pete or Kamala or Elizabeth could have done better. They’d have spoken some points better maybe, but he never shuts up. 

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

70% of the land burning in California is Federal land.*

*someone fact check me on that

More than 1.1 million acres have burned on federal lands in California this year, compared to 769,032 acres on non-federally managed lands, according to figures collected by the National Interagency Fire Center.

70%

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Additionally, people are going to say Biden is weak from getting railroaded by Trump, but how would any reasonable person have dealt with this better? He just keeps talking. You can’t whip his ass. What does someone do if he never shuts up?  I don’t know that Pete or Kamala or Elizabeth could have done better. They’d have spoken some points better maybe, but he never shuts up. 

Laugh at him and take hard-hitting pot shots

- "You may not be aware of this but the President has final say on the forest service"

- Not let the obvious nepotism opportunity slip by when he talks about Hunter

- Herman Cain

etc..

Biden just isn't quick enough on his feet to do it. I don't think it really matters, there can't be any way this debate will change anyone's mind. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I agree.  He made his points and sound bites.  Some things in life you just need to survive.  We wanted a debate, we got one.  It's a shit show for sure but I don't think it's going to hurt Biden's lead.  

So, it's a win for him.  Let's wrap this up and go home.  But I don't think we need to see another debate.