The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

23 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

lol at anyone using the word "readmittance".

he is not going back to the hospital.  not now, not ever.  he can get hospital-type service at the residence or the mini-hospital that's already in the white house.  the fucker will die at the white house before he goes back.

unless he's literally unconscious, and even then, it's 50-50, because they'll have to put pence in charge and people will find out about it.

This is absolutely true. 

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That’s wife of Stephen Miller, who somehow maintains his grandmother didn’t die of Covid- despite the death certificate + statements from her children. 

Frankly, doubling down on the “it’s not a big deal” messaging is what fucked the economy and recovery to begin with. We can’t return to normal bc the virus is out of control. The virus is out of control bc every one in this administration treats it as a political PR problem and not a fucking deadly pandemic. 

The VP gets tested every day to try and ensure he can work safely. What about the rest of us?

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

So is the virus nothing to be concerned about?  Or something so heinous that it makes the President's work ethic seem supernatural?  Or are you just a fucking member of the cult of the golden orange calf, Lou?

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

except that it's a contagious disease that has killed 200k+ Americans (and that's likely low). At what point CAN a doctor rule in the public interest over a patient's (other than what you outline above)? is that it?

An individual doctor lacks the power to forceably quarantine.  He could recommend to the government that a patient be quarantined and then that decision can be made by the delegate of the CDC.

But that feline escaped the container quite some time ago.

Edited by TwiceHorn

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Serious question for medical professionals: What happens if you take a steroid every day? 

I have zero doubt Trump will want to chase this steroid high for as long as he lives. 

2 hours ago, Pasken said:

Maybe Trump will break the home run record next year.

I'd rather he pulls a reverse Sammy Sosa and becomes a black man. 

Edit  --- I see that I am about 1 page to late with this one

Edited by Blotto

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

https://continuagroup.com/article/surges-of-energy-during-the-dying-process/

One to two days prior to death, patients may have a surge of energy. They may be able to physically do things they were previously incapable of doing and may become mentally alert and verbal when they were previously disoriented and withdrawn.

Dying patients may also have a sudden surge in appetite. This is often confusing for the families who were anticipating death and now see their loved one as physically, mentally, and spiritually “renewed”. They may take this as a sign of recovery; only to have the patient’s condition quickly change and death occur.

Decadron will make you hungry as a mf 

1 hour ago, honolulu horn said:

The doctors at Walter Reed are employed by the Navy, which ultimately reports to the Commander in Chief. The president calls the shots on what they say, what they do, and what he does (unless he's in a critical emergency, as others have stated). That's why this thing has been so screwed up from the beginning of his hospital stay. 

Small correction, Army and Navy.  Until 2011, there were separate facilities, Walter Reed Army Medical Center and National Naval Medical Center (commonly known as Bethesda).  Historically, it was Bethesda that provided presidential medical services.  Walter Reed was closed and its operations consolidated with Bethesda in Bethesda.

It's now the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and is "tri-service," so there's probably some Air Force docs there also.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

He's taking the chopper back to the WH.

Kind of interesting; you would think he would want to ride in his parade so he can wave at everyone.

He may like the masses gathered outside the hospital, it's the rest of the population that gets him upset when we are booing and flipping him the finger as he drives by. 

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Any sane administration would be contact tracing and testing like crazy if for no other reason than to set an example for the rest of the nation.

I think they are afraid that Trump was the source and even more afraid of who he got it from.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don't know but I'll wager UT has 60 by the time OU scores 50.  

We have never scored more than 45 on you.  Largest margin of victory of 33 in 2005 and 1941.

Secret Service being quoted on CNN:

"We signed up to take a bullet for the President.  We didn't sign up to take a bullet FROM the President."

He intends to GO IN PERSON ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  While sick.  Infected.  Contagious.

There is no bottom.

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Goredho said:

So is the virus nothing to be concerned about?  Or something so heinous that it makes the President's work ethic seem supernatural?  Or are you just a fucking member of the cult of the golden orange calf, Lou?

Did Brisket call this EXACT approach the morning the diagnosis was confirmed?  That is, the approach of, presuming a Trump "recovery," simultaneously claiming that 1) CPVOD is not a big deal, and 2) Trump is a GOD AMONG MEN for defeating this incredibly powerful and dangerous disease?   Yes.  Yes Brisket did:

This is EXACTLY how it is going to go down.  He'll sell it as both (remember, he ALWAYS does this -- says both sides of any issue, so it serves him with all moronic audiences.  

Message 1: this is a serious, deadly virus.  Trump survived it, which means he's a living god, a superman among men, and his virility, power, and strength mean that any result that does not make him emperor for life is fraudulent.

Message 2: THE CHINA PLAGUE IS A HOAX IT DOESN'T KILL HARDLY ANYONE I SURVIVED IT STRONGLY AND EASILY, DEATH NUMBERS ARE MADE UP BY THE LEFT.

And.....then he wins.  Y'all celebrating this as a hit to his campaign?  Wait till he recovers.  That's how he wins.  

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

We have never scored more than 45 on you.  Largest margin of victory of 33 in 2005 and 1941.

Secret Service being quoted on CNN:

"We signed up to take a bullet for the President.  We didn't sign up to take a bullet FROM the President."

He intends to GO IN PERSON ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  While sick.  Infected.  Contagious.

There is no bottom.

Welp time to go back to April levels of shut in for our family unit until after the election.  
hopefully his campaign doesn’t feel the need to get within a couple hundred miles of Wyoming, so my neighbors aren’t tempted to drive to any events. 

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

1) failure to say when his last negative test tells me he was positive at the debates on Tuesday

2) He pushed for his own release for the optics, gambling hard he won’t need to be re-admitted. Sick and in a hospital, he knows the election is fucked, so he did everything possible to get out, even while still receiving treatment. 

3) The doctors are covering up a pneumonia diagnosis. 

As soon as Wallace came out and said his team "arrived too late to get tested" and he tested positive I figured he knew he was positive and travelled to the debate anyway.

In his adderall twisted mind the optics of being responsible and delaying or skipping the debate were worse than the risk of further spread.

Frankly I'm surprised he didn't try to lurk near Biden like he did to Hillary in an effort to infect him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Did Brisket call this EXACT approach the morning the diagnosis was confirmed?  That is, the approach of, presuming a Trump "recovery," simultaneously claiming that 1) CPVOD is not a big deal, and 2) Trump is a GOD AMONG MEN for defeating this incredibly powerful and dangerous disease?   Yes.  Yes Brisket did.

Did anyone predict something different? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Well some of you have been running around with your hair on fire swearing that he was on death's door walking into the light since Friday..

Edited by BradInATX

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Well, no.  But I mean, I'm Captain Obvious with numerous hard-won decorations for Particular Obviousness.  AND.....being that half the country has refused to see or accept the obvious for better than 4 years now.....

1 hour ago, immamac said:

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/leaderboard/&time=today

URL is at the top of the screenshot on purpose.

you can also access by clicking "browse" then "leaderboard" at the top of the forum.

6920841-14656776741480255-origin.jpg

The customer's requirement is for a button on the landing page or the mast head that says "Post of the Day"

:)

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread