Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

25 minutes ago, sidis said:

thinking about ou wrs going out of bounds and back in to catch balls is making me think of the 2021 rrs and it is beginning to piss me off big time.  it doesn't necessarily quite make it into the top 3 i listed earlier of 08 tech, 15 osu, and 22 bama but it is a definite honorable mention.

It was clear as day, and Big 12 replay officials were like

I-see-nothing-wrong GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Let me break it down for you.  Game 1 - Rice 2 sacks,  Game 2 - Bama 5 sacks. Game 3 Wyoming 1 sack,  Game 4 - Baylor 5 sacks, Game 5 - Kansas 0 sacks,  Game 6 - OU  1,  Game 7 - Houston 3 sacks,  Game 8 - BYU 2 sacks.   19 sacks on the year.  42% of them came from OOC.   We are honestly going to pretend that UH, BUY, Kansas, OU, and Houston have better lines than Alabama?  Only Baylor is nearly on par with Bama's line?    Yeah, I got some prime real estate to sell ya, just PM me for details.  

Yeah I know how to read box scores too. But the important part is interpretation and putting those numbers into context.

There's a perfectly reasonable explanation if you aren't wrapped up in conspiracy theory nonsense. 

You keep acting as if Alabama's offensive line is some kind of impenetrable fortress. They aren't. They've given up a shit-ton of sacks this year... in fact they are ranked 126th (!) in FBS having given up 35 sacks in 8 games. They are the worst on your schedule in that regard. Guess who the second-worst is? That's right: Baylor. They are ranked 108th, having given up 23 in 8 games.

Meanwhile, OU, Kansas and BYU are all in the top 30 in the country in fewest sacks allowed, having given up 9, 10 and 12, respectively in 8 games each.

Here's all of your opponents, in terms of how many sacks they have averaged giving up and how many Texas had:

Opponent - Texas sacks - (avg. sacks)

• Rice - 2 (1.6)
  • Bama - 5 (4.4)
  • Wyoming - 1 (1.8)
  • Baylor - 5 (2.9)
  • KU - 0 (1.3)
  • OU - 1 (1.1)
  • Houston - 3 (2.4)
  • BYU - 2 (1.5)

Your sack totals are perfectly in-line with what your opponents' have been giving up.

And in fact you sacked your opponents more times than their season average in 5 of your 8 games, including 3/5 Big 12 games.  In no cases were your sack totals outlandishly low, considering what your opponents have done all year.

• Fuck You 8

Just now, Tex Pete said:

Jeff, you don't watch all our games. With all due respect (none), shut the fuck up.

You'll have the conference you always wanted without us next year. Enjoy irrelevance.

With all due respect, eat a bag of dicks.

I've watched all of your games except Rice and Wyoming just because they were shit games.

Sorry if cold-hard facts fly in the face of your Aggy-like conspiracy theory nonsense. 

• Fuck You 12

Yeah I know how to read box scores too. But the important part is interpretation and putting those numbers into context.
There's a perfectly reasonable explanation if you aren't wrapped up in conspiracy theory nonsense. 
You keep acting as if Alabama's offensive line is some kind of impenetrable fortress. They aren't. They've given up a shit-ton of sacks this year... in fact they are ranked 126th (!) in FBS having given up 35 sacks in 8 games. They are the worst on your schedule in that regard. Guess who the second-worst is? That's right: Baylor. They are ranked 108th, having given up 23 in 8 games.
Meanwhile, OU, Kansas and BYU are all in the top 30 in the country in fewest sacks allowed, having given up 9, 10 and 12, respectively in 8 games each.
Here's all of your opponents, in terms of how many sacks they have averaged giving up and how many Texas had:
  • Rice - 2 (1.6)
  • Bama - 5 (4.4)
  • Wyoming - 1 (1.8)
  • Baylor - 5 (2.9)
  • KU - 0 (1.3)
  • OU - 1 (1.1)
  • Houston - 3 (2.4)
  • BYU - 2 (1.5)
Your sack totals are perfectly in-line with what your opponents' have been giving up.
And in fact you sacked your opponents more times than their season average in 5 of your 8 games, including 3/5 Big 12 games.  In no cases were your sack totals outlandishly low, considering what your opponents have done all year.

Are those raw or adjusted stats?

On 10/31/2023 at 4:00 PM, Tex Pete said:

That Linesman is Kelley Deterding. Deterding is a lubbock resident and a cheating piece of shit. He has been on other crews that have fucked us.

Line judge. The linesman would be on the other sideline, with the chains. But yes, you're right, Deterding is a piece of shit human and an aggie homer. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I've watched all of your games except Rice and Wyoming just because they were shit games.

Sorry if cold-hard facts fly in the face of your Aggy-like conspiracy theory nonsense. 

I've watched none if your games because they were all shit games. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I doubt we lose to the fighting South Alabama Applewhites.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Says the fan of a junior college that was the recipient of two blatantly rigged games against us. I can imagine it isn’t possible for you to be honest about it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

• Rice - 2 (1.6)
  • Bama - 5 (4.4)
  • Wyoming - 1 (1.8)
  • Baylor - 5 (2.9)
  • KU - 0 (1.3)
  • OU - 1 (1.1)
  • Houston - 3 (2.4)
  • BYU - 2 (1.5)

Ah, look, a clown!

• Hook 'Em 3

17 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

• Rice - 2 (1.6)
  • Bama - 5 (4.4)
  • Wyoming - 1 (1.8)
  • Baylor - 5 (2.9)
  • KU - 0 (1.3)
  • OU - 1 (1.1)
  • Houston - 3 (2.4)
  • BYU - 2 (1.5)

Not bad.  But that is not really the reality.  Since you watch the games and read this thread you have no doubt seen the screen captured footage of the yardage, holding, dpi, and how it is unequally enforced.   How standing over a player and taunting them is not a flag, but celebrating with your friends after a TD is worth a warning  for unsportsmanlike conduct.  Care to comment on that?  But let's get back to the holding.  

In the interest of time, let's look at Rice.  Texas only sacked them 2x which is close to average.  Their opponents are UH, TSU, USF, ECU, UCONN, Tulsa, Tulane.   Are you suggesting the Rice offensive line is far superior to Alabama's and that the Texas defensive line, is only average to mediocre even if it is populated with some of the conference leaders.  Also 6 conference members have some of the best lines in the country.  ISU, OU, WV, KU, OSU, KSU, BYU (in the top 30) and TCU rounding out the the 50th in giving up sacks.  Truly amazing how good this conference is at preventing sacks especially relative to other power 5 conferences, even with all of the shitty performance of some of the teams listed.  

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Not bad.  But that is not really the reality.  Since you watch the games and read this thread you have no doubt seen the screen captured footage of the yardage, holding, dpi, and how it is unequally enforced.   How standing over a player and taunting them is not a flag, but celebrating with your friends after a TD is worth a warning  for unsportsmanlike conduct.  Care to comment on that?  But let's get back to the holding.  

In the interest of time, let's look at Rice.  Texas only sacked them 2x which is close to average.  Their opponents are UH, TSU, USF, ECU, UCONN, Tulsa, Tulane.   Are you suggesting the Rice offensive line is far superior to Alabama's and that the Texas defensive line, is only average to mediocre even if it is populated with some of the conference leaders.  Also 6 conference members have some of the best lines in the country.  ISU, OU, WV, KU, OSU, KSU, BYU (in the top 30) and TCU rounding out the the 50th in giving up sacks.  Truly amazing how good this conference is at preventing sacks especially relative to other power 5 conferences, even with all of the shitty performance of some of the teams listed.  

Everyone knows the Big 12 is the O-Line conference.  We're O-Line U, remember?  /ducks

• Hook 'Em 1

So I looked at the penalty stats of our opponents (here) and for each game I tabulated how the opponent's # of penalties and penalty yards differed from their season average when they played us.  Note the average includes us, which weakens the effect below, but you get the idea. Man, teams play really clean games against us (except Bama!).  

image.png.81c8192fd685ba81d9a4e52a234f7982.png

Edited by bschoolprof
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

Correct. OSUJeff comes in hard all snugs and condescending, while using stats that are not adjusted for opponents.
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

1651263701_DumbWojak.thumb.jpg.e0b4dcf65

• Hook 'Em 1

LOL at Big 12 ref supporters. Wasn't there an OSU/Texas game recently were they had 0 flags against OSU to like a crazy number against Texas. Maybe that explains OSU love for the XII zeebs. 

Edit: https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/college/longhorns/football/2022/10/24/texas-football-addresses-penalty-problem-after-oklahoma-state-loss/69586315007/

Edited by VaLonghorn99
  • Hook 'Em 1

LOL at Big 12 ref supporters. Wasn't there an OSU/Texas game recently were they had 0 flags against OSU to like a crazy number against Texas. Maybe that explains OSU love for the XII zeebs. 
Edit: https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/college/longhorns/football/2022/10/24/texas-football-addresses-penalty-problem-after-oklahoma-state-loss/69586315007/

The Big 12 has been systematically over-penalizing Texas and under-penalizing their opponents going on 10 years now. We know this. Oklahoma St fans know that we know. But we make-believe that we don't know and the Oklahoma St fans make-believe that they believe that we don't know, but know that we know. Everybody knows.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 11/1/2023 at 12:21 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Just for fun, our ooc was 25, 90, and 40 for an average of 51.7. Skewed high by bama’s grabby asses obviously but each game was higher on its own than the average above. 

The relevant stats are only games with Big XIII refs, so the 'Bama game gets tossed.

7 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

The Big 12 has been systematically over-penalizing Texas and under-penalizing their opponents going on 10 years now. We know this. Oklahoma St fans know that we know. But we make-believe that we don't know and the Oklahoma St fans make-believe that they believe that we don't know, but know that we know. Everybody knows.

season 1 question GIF by Sorry For Your Loss

8 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

I Am Smart The Princess Bride GIF by Disney+

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

It's going to be so goddamn hilarious when the 5 people who post 20 times a day in this thread are making the same complaints about the SEC refs next year.

I'm sure there will be some other grand conspiracy as to why Texas just "gets screwed" all the time in SECSECSEC. Can't wait to find out what it is.

popcorn.gif

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 11

3 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

It's going to be so goddamn hilarious when the 5 people who post 20 times a day in this thread are making the same complaints about the SEC refs next year.

I'm sure there will be some other grand conspiracy as to why Texas just "gets screwed" all the time in SECSECSEC. Can't wait to find out what it is.

popcorn.gif

Would you like to make a bet that Texas will once again be 14 out of 14 next year in penalty yards? Hell I’ll spot you the 2 additions and give you 14 out of 16.

Or would you rather bet that Texas has 50% fewer penalty yards than the conference mean next year? (Big 12 avg=42.2 yrd/gm; Texas is 21.2 yrd/gm)

I’ll happily bet you $10k. I’ll send it over to immamac if you would do the same, I’ll even donate my winnings to the NIL fund?

You care to put your money where your mouth is?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Would you like to make a bet that Texas will once again be 14 out of 14 next year in penalty yards? Hell I’ll spot you the 2 additions and give you 14 out of 16.
Or would you rather bet that Texas has 50% fewer penalty yards than the conference mean next year? (Big 12 avg=42.2 yrd/gm; Texas is 21.2 yrd/gm)
I’ll happily bet you $10k. I’ll send it over to immamac if you would do the same, I’ll even donate my winnings to the NIL fund?

Watching this year’s Bama game was a revelation. Smoothly officiated and when they did take time to review a play or confer they got it right. What an enjoyable experience!

Safe bet.
  • Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Jeff, if you can't understand what we have a problem with, you're a complete fucktard. We are perfectly fine with being officiated the same way everyone else is and always have been. That is absolutely not the case, and no fan from the state of Oklahoma should even be chiming in. You have no clue what equitable officiating is.

Fuck yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

popcorn.gif

Said every loser from the Irate8 as if it was some sort of new idea/insult.    

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TKthunder2 said:

Are you going to transfer the money with your flip phone?

2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

popcorn.gif

Of course, you won’t be here next year. Why would you be? There will be OSU games on FS1 on Friday night to watch, big showdowns against ISU in front of 40k in the stadium and 300k on TV. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

13 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Math What GIF by Riki Barker

Edited by BigHornedLurker

3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

popcorn.gif

Keep your trash officials, your sinking conference and shitbox stadium. Have fun being irrelevant next year. Without Texas or OU on your schedule next year will anyone even pay attention to any of your games? Probably not.

Edited by Billy Pilgrim
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nahlin is saying Kevin Mar is officiating the game tomorrow

of course he is....it's up to us to make his and his crew's shitty ass irrelevant.

since Tech and TCU are stinking up the joint they had to pull him in early.

Edited by dcar00