Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

Waiting to hear the play was dead before they recovered it.
I was legit surprised they didn't go with that, you can be damn sure they turned up the volume listening for anything resembling a whistle. No way it takes any crew at any level of football 7 minutes to figure that shit out. Thankfully they knew it would be too obvious to TV viewers and decided to call it right.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

On the 4th down on KSU’s final possession in regulation, why was the play clock restarted when it got under 10 seconds? They would not have gotten the play off otherwise. 

1 hour ago, LonghornBreeder said:

I saw that live too. Got down to 4 sec and then reset to 25. I wasn't sure if there was an error in the broadcast clock or if the refs reset the in-game clock.

I assumed that it was a broadcast error bc the QB was not in a hurry and nobody on field seemed bothered.

54 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I was at the game. The play clock in the stadium got to 4 and then reset.  No one said anything. 

The refs hadn’t marked it ready to play yet and the play clock was still running. Once they marked it ready for play, the clock reset. No shenanigans there.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LonghornBreeder said:

I saw that live too. Got down to 4 sec and then reset to 25. I wasn't sure if there was an error in the broadcast clock or if the refs reset the in-game clock.

I assumed that it was a broadcast error bc the QB was not in a hurry and nobody on field seemed bothered.

saw that too and both mar and the backjudge gave he "push the clock up" handsigns at 4 seconds to go

didn't understand it in real time and still don't

the sequence of events indicates it took #TEAMMAR 21 seconds to figure out the clock needed to be reset

OR

they were just hoping kitteh were going to get the play off

it's one or the other

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, LonghornBreeder said:

Crew was confused and discussing something. Nothing was announced so I chalked it up to big 12 fuckery live

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Mar is overweight, in his 50s, has a high stress job and lives in Texas. Average life expectancy for a male in Texas is 77

The ravages of old age will deal with him far worse than we ever could. He has 10, maybe 15 years left tops

I thought he lived in Nebraska?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Mar is overweight, in his 50s, has a high stress job and lives in Texas. Average life expectancy for a male in Texas is 77

The ravages of old age will deal with him far worse than we ever could. He has 10, maybe 15 years left tops

So should we go ahead and start planning the “Piss on a Rig12 Ref’s Grave” tour ?

1 hour ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Am I the only one finding it hilarious OU finally got jobbed ? I feel like this has been a long time coming and they really had no reference for it 

It’s not funny. Big 12ing OU after OU beat us effectively Big 12s us because it makes our loss, where OU was never called for holding, shitty and likely keeps us out of the CFP.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Am I the only one finding it hilarious OU finally got jobbed ? I feel like this has been a long time coming and they really had no reference for it 

its been 20 years, but ou got proper fucked in 06  vs Oregon.  onside kick.   first off, Oregon touched the ball before 10 yards, 2nd off, ou literally recovered the onside kick, and the player with the ball went to go celebrate and none of the refs saw him with the ball.... refs rule it Oregon ball..... with literally NO FUCKING BALL IN THE SCRUM.

they review it, and still cant fucking get it right.  

I still laughed my ass off

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Right in front of the fucking Ref and he’s watching it the whole way.    

Only three more (hopefully four) in this corrupt conference and we gone.   Then we have to put up with agendas during round ball season and baseball 

How can we go an entire season with no called-strikes? 

It will feel that way....baseball season will be Clusterfuck-Rage with the Rig12 umps.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

its been 20 years, but ou got proper fucked in 06  vs Oregon.  onside kick.   first off, Oregon touched the ball before 10 yards, 2nd off, ou literally recovered the onside kick, and the player with the ball went to go celebrate and none of the refs saw him with the ball.... refs rule it Oregon ball..... with literally NO FUCKING BALL IN THE SCRUM.

they review it, and still cant fucking get it right.  

I still laughed my ass off

That’s awesome!  I also remember OU getting fucked on a call against Tech in Lubbock that cost them a game.  Basically a TD that wasn’t.  Couldn’t happen to a more deserving group of bastards.

4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don’t have any UT fans I hate…  Live in a bubble.  Hell I have many more UT friends/family vs OU.  I’m saying all that to preface this: I’ll happily root for UT in the championship, if/when they make it.  Yep.  OU can get their shot at UT for years to come, thank God.  But fuck this POS conference always and forever.  

Kansas still has KState and Texas hasn’t shown it won’t try to lose a game they shouldn’t. OU could still get back to the title game if they win out, and they should win out with WVU, @BYU, TCU. Texas just needs to take care of business. For this collective site’s sake (and unfortunately, not yours), here’s to Texas winning out. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, JBJ said:

Unless I just missed whonthey called the hold on (right guard?), I wouldn't have called it.  The blocker was in position and it didn't look he pulled the defender down on the replay.  As much as you guys bitch about holding on this thread, it rarely gets called in any league where the OL is in postion and grabbing the torso.  The ref called the guy going to the ground, but it didn't look like he was pulled down.

LB chucking Cook (1st INT) looked clean.

The early no-call DPI on Worthy I thought was okay.  The holding on the corner route late in the game should have been called.

The late hit was not a good call.

Extra man on the field - they aren't supposed to call when a defender is within a stride of sideline and has no impact on the play.  This is a safety thing - they don't want kids diving for the sidelines.  It looked like a no-call live, but I didn't get a good look at how far on field he might have been (near bench can be deceptive).

Cook was being held way downfield and then pulled to the ground. That’s defensive holding at best, DPI at minimum.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Speaking of scripts my suspicion now that the big12 writers strike is over is scripted Texas loss to OSU in the big12 for the ages . It'll take some heroics to prevent this 

I think WVU will top OU with some more fuckery and they'll continue scripting losses now that they have been used up 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

10 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don’t have any UT fans I hate…  Live in a bubble.  Hell I have many more UT friends/family vs OU.  I’m saying all that to preface this: I’ll happily root for UT in the championship, if/when they make it.  Yep.  OU can get their shot at UT for years to come, thank God.  But fuck this POS conference always and forever.  

You’re going to have to quit with all this nice stuff. You’ll make me feel bad the next time I’m banging your mom in your childhood bedroom. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, GTJ1982 said:

Sark called out the refs for not calling the PI on Worthy during that last field goal drive in regulation. Also said we don’t get any PI calls in general.

Very seriously, during a late timeout, I saw the fat black ref (Field Judge?) who didn’t call PI or def. holding on KState when we were moving toward the north end zone dapping up one of the KState coaches and chatting with him. They were obviously friends or longtime acquaintances.

I thought it was a bad look since that guy made at least a couple of bad calls that favored them. Then again, the Big12 doesn’t even care a little. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Let’s not overreact. There are THREE whole teams whose opponents have fewer penalty yards against them.

🖕🏻 these corrupt idiot refs!

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-penalty-yards-per-game

Interestingly enough, aggy leads the nation in opponents penalties against and they still suck.

So what does this mean for our game next year?

IMG_0115.jpeg

IMG_0116.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Kstate guy complained early in video about Texas being rewarded the Howard fumble inside 5yd line... 

says  "Big12 refs are gonna Big12 ref" 😂😂😂

Holy shit that was the easiest replay ever. The ball was between his hip and the ground. That’s not fucking control you idiot.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Kstate guy complained early in video about Texas being rewarded the Howard fumble inside 5yd line... 

says  "Big12 refs are gonna Big12 ref" 😂😂😂

“Should have won”

???

Guy… you were down 20 points with 16 minutes left.  It took a colossal shift of events for you to not get your doors blown off by a back up QB.  

1 hour ago, Dark Horse said:

Finally saw a replay of the DPI against Stoops, and it was even worse than the non-call against Worthy. 

fuck ou, but fuck this conference more. 

It's easy to laugh at OU right now, but remember this - however bad it looks right now, it's likely coming for us even worse.

It will not surprise me if this league does whatever is necessary to prevent us from winning it on the way out.  Anything.  It might be Iowa State on the road.  They might let us get to the actual championship to draw more eyeballs and have one of the remaining teams make a "statement" against a departing team.  But it's coming.

I think we have the first team in over a decade that probably SHOULD win the conference...and I'm 100% thoroughly convinced the league will not allow it to happen.

So laugh at OU now, but know that these missed calls may be an every down kind of thing in one of our upcoming games.  We're better than every remaining team on the schedule, but if they can tackle receivers every play along with the blatant holding that's already allowed, it won't matter much.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

It's easy to laugh at OU right now, but remember this - however bad it looks right now, it's likely coming for us even worse.

They have been talking about that call on ESPN everytime they show replays of that game on ESPN. If it happened to us, they'd probably gloss right over it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

42 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

It will not surprise me if this league does whatever is necessary to prevent us from winning it on the way out.  Anything.  It might be Iowa State on the road.  They might let us get to the actual championship to draw more eyeballs and have one of the remaining teams make a "statement" against a departing team.  But it's coming.

I think we have the first team in over a decade that probably SHOULD win the conference...and I'm 100% thoroughly convinced the league will not allow it to happen.

So laugh at OU now, but know that these missed calls may be an every down kind of thing in one of our upcoming games.  We're better than every remaining team on the schedule, but if they can tackle receivers every play along with the blatant holding that's already allowed, it won't matter much.

This is all true.  But remember - in the grand scheme, you guys will always have it over on the leftovers.  It’s hard to see the big picture sometimes.  Hell, I’m definitely guilty of that.

If an entire conference could turn into MF aggy, this is it.  Unreal.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2