Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

TCU is short of the line to gain. The line judge marks it short. He then decides to give them the first down anyway and waves the chain crew for a first down. 

That blew my mind when I saw it live. It wasn’t even close. Also, as he walked out on the field, he intentionally walks not perpendicular to the sideline to cheat up to move his spot.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, TKthunder2 said:

Might have been the most balanced called game this year both sides got some freebie and some bad calls but I think nothing was intentional, just everyday incompetence (which is a welcome change of pace for Texas fans).

The mere fact that they called penalties against Texas’ opponents for a change creates that illusion. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TKthunder2 said:

Might have been the most balanced called game this year both sides got some freebie and some bad calls but I think nothing was intentional, just everyday incompetence (which is a welcome change of pace for Texas fans).

Sark calling them out likely had something to do with it…

Kevin Mar will be back.     

• Rage+1 2

16 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

The mere fact that they called penalties against Texas’ opponents for a change creates that illusion. 

it wasnt that they called penalties against TCU, it was the fact that they finally started calling the "subjective" calls that we hadnt been getting all year.  They have to call the false starts/ delay of games/ illegal formations/ illegal substiutions.   They get graded against missing that shit. 

Its the subjective shit that we havent been getting any calls all year.  The 2 def holds and the late hit call against them were actually huge, both holds extended drives and the PF gave us a first down at the 6 instead of 3rd and 1 ( and god help us we all know how much we suck on 3rd and 1).  all 3 penalties on those drives ended in scores. 

we only had 2 of the same calls made against us I believe.  the PF on their last drive was legit, Savion shoved the guy when he was deep in our sideline.  and the holding call against us on the last drive

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, scottsins said:

That blew my mind when I saw it live. It wasn’t even close. Also, as he walked out on the field, he intentionally walks not perpendicular to the sideline to cheat up to move his spot.

It's even more wtf because as you said, he's walking at an angle, signaling to move the chains and IS STILL a half yard short of the first down.

On 11/8/2023 at 9:48 AM, Victor R. Franko said:

3 Non-Conference games Texas avg. 5 @ 40/gm. Opponent for those 3 games had 6 @ 48/gm. Bama screwed the average though as they had 10 penalties for 90 yds.

The 6 conference games Texas avg. 6.2 @ 53/gm.  Opponent for those 6 games had 3.7 @ 26. The averages start diverging after the Kansas game.

Okla game 4/30   Tx 9/70

Hous game 1/15   Tx 6/60

BYU game   3/20  Tx 6/40

Kan St. game 7/50  Tx 10/67

UPDATE

TCU game 6/51    Tx 7/59

Current for the 7 Conference games Opponent avg.= 4/30 per game.  UT avg.= 6.3/50 per game.

BTW, Only Baylor game did opponent have more penalties than Tx. for conference play.

other data I gathered while going through the stats PDF,

For the away games (5) attendence, average is about 67,000. Oklahome (Cotton Bowl) and Alabama had good numbers of 92,100 and 100,077 respectivley.

The 3 conference games of Baylor, UH, and TCU averaged about 47,600. I expect going to SEC will increaase away average by 40,000 or more.

We should have been called for pass interference on the two point conversion. He had both hands on him preventing him from moving to the ball. At least their sucking went our way sometimes last night. 

No. The offensive player locked arms as well from what i recall.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

TCU is short of the line to gain. The line judge marks it short. He then decides to give them the first down anyway and waves the chain crew for a first down. 

Is that the same clown who called Savion for the unsportsmanship? Is it that fuckstick deterding? 

And why in the hell is our bench not blowing a gasket on the indication of a first down? 

Edited by jw4381

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

No. The offensive player locked arms as well from what i recall.

The WR didn’t make an attempt for the ball, and the pass was out of bounds.

The WR wasn’t even upset at the no call. 

Its a call that could have been made, but it’s not a call that “should” have been made.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The WR didn’t make an attempt for the ball, and the pass was out of bounds.
The WR wasn’t even upset at the no call. 

Its a call that could have been made, but it’s not a call that “should” have been made.

Defensive holding is a call that could be made when Poona Ford tackles tackles their QB. But it shouldn’t be made.

On 11/11/2023 at 8:48 PM, Huckleberry said:

Had to re-watch this one, but the ref we see motioning didn't have the spot on this play, was ref on other side. The ball was spotted at the 43 for the first. (Still not sure he got to the 43, but was close). Optics definitely look bad though.

As stated above, that was a pretty balanced game with bad calls and subjective calls that went both ways.  I 100% agree that the fuckery was getting to be under too much of a microscope after the lack of calls we've seen all season and the horrible no call on DPI in Bedlam.   We'll see if that continues though.

4 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

These assholes just have to fuck us versus Iowa State to completely stonewall us from the title game.  That is not good!

Then their fuck head coach can get on the mic and tell us all about culture and how championships aren't his goal. All while trying to fight fans and opposing players. 

Edited by RoyalBevo21
  • Like 1