A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

When one considers that lower level subordinates have been jailed for inadvertently mishandling top secret documents, it would be politically untenable not to hold Trump accountable for his crimes.

I'm not sure many have been jailed for "inadvertently" mishandling documents.  All of the cases I have noted have been pretty intentional.

16 minutes ago, Satchel said:

When one considers that lower level subordinates have been jailed for inadvertently mishandling top secret documents, it would be politically untenable not to hold Trump accountable for his crimes.

Former Admiral James Stavridis said that if he had taken one page of a classified document home with him, he’d have been hauled away in handcuffs. 

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

So what, the 60 day policy applies to people who aren't even running in the fucking election?  

well there's the whole him being a former president and all. 

but i get your point (that he's not on the ballot and it shouldn't apply).

8 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

so if i want to troll DoTArD, I have to buy one of those magat phones? What kind of bullshit is that?

Most social media apps have a website you can use. It just makes it more annoying. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Honestly, him being indicted might juice R turnout, so I'm fine with waiting. 

That's a fair point.  If they could "convict" him before the election that might be good. But yeah just an indictment, it can wait and make all the GQPrs screeching about overreach look like fools, after he's convicted later.  

Hahahahaha who am I kidding?

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

I doubt he was trying to sell them. He knows that's a big boy crime with big boy real prison punishments. He's was too big of a pussy for that.

I lean towards it being an ego thing / potential blackmail or get out of a jam card.

Yeah, but why be so reckless as to have the names of spies in his desk drawer? Damn.

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

what were your premonitions then about his death?

Under an assumed name back in 2019 on this site, I predicted he would become gravely ill between the 2020 RNC convention and the general election.  But this was before Covid-19.  I thought he'd get sick from heart disease and either step down "for health reasons" if he saw the tea leaves weren't in his favor, or actually die.  Sure enough in October 2020 he became gravely ill.  But from fucking coronavirus and easily lived.  Of then went on to try and rig an election, cause a seditious uprising, and then steal state secrets to sell to our enemies.  But I really liked my first idea better.  

Can't we get a fucking "Former Presidents" banquet and have Jimmy Carter pull a Hector Salamanca-Gustavo Fring dual-takeout since he knows he's going out anyway?  

5 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Funny to see some of Trump's defenders continuing to climb out on limbs that he's already sawed off. Some of the lower-level sycophants that haven't been brought up to speed on the latest excuses were still peddling the "who knows if those documents were even there before the FBI barged in" angle this morning. 

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I doubt he was trying to sell them. He knows that's a big boy crime with big boy real prison punishments. He's was too big of a pussy for that.

I lean towards it being an ego thing / potential blackmail or get out of a jam card.

With what we know about his finances, what the hell makes you think that?

14 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

they were gifts to his daddy Putin.

If they can trace….the orange idiot to leaked info = dead agents, put a bullet in that big pumpkin head asap. Everyone that knew about it (we all know he isn’t smart enough to do this himself), start handing .22’s. Enablers, the same. 

no trials, no dragging it out for years. Bang Bang 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Horndog said:

I'm surprised that DOJ accepted this Certification as an indication of compliance with the Subpoena.  It has all sorts of indicators of unreliability.

• "I have been designated to serve as Custodian of Records" rather then "I am Custodian of Records".  (Who made the designation?  When?)
  • "Based upon information that has been provided to me . . . "  (What information?  Who provided it?  When?)
  • The information is true "to the best of my knowledge."  (What is the knowledge and how was it acquired?)

This is hardly a document that can be used as a basis for perjury.  It would not be considered as competent evidence in a civil case. 

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/ishethough.png

But did they?  The fact they got a search warrant and went back to get the rest is kinda proof they did not accept it as indication of compliance with the subpoena. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

With what we know about his finances, what the hell makes you think that?

A lifetime of working in the gray areas, where there's always lackeys to take the fall when things go sideways. Selling documents only he had access too is way too high risk and ballsy for a coward like him. Trump sucks at almost all things. But he's pretty good at avoiding putting his fingers directly on obvious crime.

9 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I guess we owe the Rosenbergs an apology now?

Sorry for executing/partying.  

Also: 

Live this Saturday:  'Mundane Espionage'   

my new band name, none of you fuckers can steal it!  I mean you can, but only if you learn a lesson from the wrongful theft.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

A lifetime of working in the gray areas, where there's always lackeys to take the fall when things go sideways. Selling documents only he had access too is way too high risk and ballsy for a coward like him. Trump sucks at almost all things. But he's pretty good at avoiding putting his fingers directly on obvious crime.

You're right.

Say, any idea how Jared got $2 billion?

Six months after leaving the White House, Jared Kushner secured a $2 billion investment from a fund led by the Saudi crown prince, a close ally during the Trump administration, despite objections from the fund’s advisers about the merits of the deal.

A panel that screens investments for the main Saudi sovereign wealth fund cited concerns about the proposed deal with Mr. Kushner’s newly formed private equity firm, Affinity Partners, previously undisclosed documents show.

Those objections included: “the inexperience of the Affinity Fund management”; the possibility that the kingdom would be responsible for “the bulk of the investment and risk”; due diligence on the fledgling firm’s operations that found them “unsatisfactory in all aspects”; a proposed asset management fee that “seems excessive”; and “public relations risks” from Mr. Kushner’s prior role as a senior adviser to his father-in-law, former President Donald J. Trump, according to minutes of the panel’s meeting last June 30.

But days later the full board of the $620 billion Public Investment Fund — led by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler and a beneficiary of Mr. Kushner’s support when he worked as a White House adviser — overruled the panel.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Showing them off to feed his ego, blackmailing, and offering to avoid jail are all too dangerous because you're letting someone else know you are yourself engaged in a very grave crime. You have to show the things to somebody in all of those cases. 

Selling them to foreign agent or turning them over to Putin because Trump was being blackmailed is a closed transaction. 

Writing this makes me think of something else. There was originally talk of nuclear secrets. We don't have any word that such documents were found. Trump and his boys are now making a thing of that. 

But...

I wonder if Trump doesn't have them because they've already been sold and handed over. Once a transaction is complete, holding onto a copy only serves to possibly incriminate you. Trump doesn't hold onto to things that can hurt him. If there are nuclear documents missing that may have been taken by Trump, I think the conclusion is obvious.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Writing this makes me think of something else. There was originally talk of nuclear secrets. We don't have any word that such documents were found. Trump and his boys are now making a thing of that. 

That's an example of the damned hyperbole that the anti-Trump press and pundits always seem to go for, without any basis in fact, that winds up undermining legitimate investigations and feeds talking points to the pro-Trump morons.

We are probably never going to know exactly what the documents covered.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You don't count Jared as a lackey?

Sure I do.  But (assumption here) secrets were traded in order to get Kush some money (and remember, Kush was in bad shape financially  prior to his White House gig), do you really think that Trump himself wouldn't want a piece of that?  He's gonna charge his finders fee.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

14 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'm not sure where Trump would draw the line for "obvious crime."  I think at a minimum Trump took top secret documents from the White House, resisted returning them, lied about returning them, and hid their existence from the FBI.  I don't feel like there is much question about those actions.  If those crimes weren't obvious from the outset, they would have been after the FBI and his lawyers explained it to him.  And yet he persisted.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's an example of the damned hyperbole that the anti-Trump press and pundits always seem to go for, without any basis in fact, that winds up undermining legitimate investigations and feeds talking points to the pro-Trump morons.

We are probably never going to know exactly what the documents covered.

We will know exactly what the documents covered, as soon as Trump declassifies them.

(checks notes and law)  SHIT! 

13 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Showing them off to feed his ego, blackmailing, and offering to avoid jail are all too dangerous because you're letting someone else know you are yourself engaged in a very grave crime. You have to show the things to somebody in all of those cases. 

You're giving him too much credit. He's too stupid/arrogant to realize how dangerous that is. And he truly doesn't (or didn't then) believe that keeping his documents from his time as President is a crime...at least not one with jail time penalties. They're his precious. But even he knows that selling them is a send your ass to Federal prison crime. And, again, he's a pussy.

Sorry, not buying the evil spy angle. He's just a fucking moron.

Edited by aggie08

Well he just "happened" to leave all these highly classified documents in an unsecured drawer at his crappy beach resort, which we already know had foreign spies visiting.

It's not a far stretch to make an assumption Trump left the door open for foreign access to these documents.

Really. The only things he understands are greed and his own ego. And he’s spent an entire lifetime committing crimes and getting away with them. And I doubt he knows how to read a coloring book, never mind State secrets. He took the papers with intent to sell them. I’m just not certain if it’s been proven that he did in fact sell them.

1 minute ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Well he just "happened" to leave all these highly classified documents in an unsecured drawer at his crappy beach resort, which we already know had foreign spies visiting.

It's not a far stretch to make an assumption Trump left the door open for foreign access to these documents.

Even if Trump didn’t share or sell any state secrets, we have no idea if a foreign intelligence service recruited a member of the Mar-a-Lago staff to make copies of unguarded classified documents. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, I didn't say I'd represent him the way he'd WANT me to.  I'd represent him diligently and appropriately, consistent with my duties as an officer of the court.  Which means he would fire me by day 2 of my representation.

But I'd still have his $20 million.

Winning.

Get serious.  You wouldn't last two hours, let alone two days.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement