A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

I don't golf much, but the more I look at those photos...that is a really strange look.  A whole parade of carts with almost no clubs, nobody dressed for golf, and they periodically stop at random spots on the course (no tee boxes, not near any balls in play, no greens, etc.) to just get out and chat?  And who took the pics?  Curious as to why secret service let them get that close?  

51 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I don't golf much, but the more I look at those photos...that is a really strange look.  A whole parade of carts with almost no clubs, nobody dressed for golf, and they periodically stop at random spots on the course (no tee boxes, not near any balls in play, no greens, etc.) to just get out and chat?  And who took the pics?  Curious as to why secret service let them get that close?  

aHR0cHM6Ly9pLnl0aW1nLmNvbS92aS9NeW9ZTkRw

They weren't that close.  And they met like this for a reason.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

So, latest update on the court case.  The government essentially consented to Dearie, Trump's non-laughable proposal.  I suppose Trump's lawyers had to propose the Huck hack to keep their client below superheated.

He remains a senior status judge, though, which might preclude his appointment.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/64911367/86/trump-v-united-states/

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Could be looking at issues on the course (they did have the guy in charge of course maintenance there according to one tweet). 

Would be more revealing if the others there besides Eric could be identified. 

And, as Francisco 2.0 noted, the cameras weren’t close. 

Edited by DDD Dad

42 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There had to be some parabolic mics there somewhere, right?

Assuming Trump was carrying his phone then the Russians, Chinese, Israelis, etc. were already listening in. They don’t need agents on the ground carrying microphones. Trump carries his own listening device. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Thoughts and prayers to Raymond Dearie on the upcoming threats of violence to his family for doing his patriotic duty.

He's a Reagan guy but from the old wing of the party, not the batshit one.  It won't sit well with many on here, and I can understand why. 

But the good news?  He served seven years on the bench of the U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance court.  Of the four possible, he's the one you can envision opening up some of the files, slamming them shut almost immediately, and saying to ODNI agent in the room "Holy shit, you gotta be kidding me?  What the fuck was he gonna do with this?  This is the shit that gets people dead.  How many more like this are there?"  And the agent points to a stack of boxes across the room.  

This thing may still not go against Trump to my dismay.  But one thing you can rest assure about is Dearie will not be talking out of that room and saying, "I couldn't really see anything of risk in there, but then again---I'm no expert."  The man has seen some shit.  I'll hang up and let MAGA nation try and connect this to the Trump FISA warrant scandal.  DEEP STATE!  DEEP BENCH!  AHHHHHH

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Thoughts and prayers to Raymond Dearie on the upcoming threats of violence to his family for doing his patriotic duty.

He's a Reagan guy but from the old wing of the party, not the batshit one.  It won't sit well with many on here, and I can understand why. 

But the good news?  He served seven years on the bench of the U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance court.  Of the four possible, he's the one you can envision opening up some of the files, slamming them shut almost immediately, and saying to ODNI agent in the room "Holy shit, you gotta be kidding me?  What the fuck was he gonna do with this?  This is the shit that gets people dead.  How many more like this are there?"  And the agent points to a stack of boxes across the room.  

This thing may still not go against Trump to my dismay.  But one thing you can rest assure about is Dearie will not be talking out of that room and saying, "I couldn't really see anything of risk in there, but then again---I'm no expert."  The man has seen some shit.  I'll hang up and let MAGA nation try and connect this to the Trump FISA warrant scandal.  DEEP STATE!  DEEP BENCH!  AHHHHHH

Yknow, that's the thing.  If this is really sensitive stuff, it doesn't matter a bit if Trump declassified it.  That makes it even worse.

On the other hand, in some cases things are classified that aren't that sensitive, and maybe shouldn't be classified.

Of course, if it's really sensitive, we'll probably never know what it was except in the vaguest, most general terms.

There is no old wing of the party. The entire party is batshit. There’s only the batshit fascists and Americans who aren’t republicans, either because they never were or because they left the party.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Okay, maybe not an old wing.  But old people who were appointed by older or dead Republicans who were entrenched in the judiciary long before MAGA got started under Obama.  

Good news is Dearie's track record on fed district rulings, while conservative, was mainly based in reality.  Bad news is he's beholden to Roberts.  

I'm not thrilled with the choice, but Garland is okay with it and at least this guy knows his way around classified information.  He cannot possibly play the "Well, I'm no expert on materials like this so if the tremendous expert President deemed fit to classify/declassify/leave behind/take with...without precedent...I must side with his choices."  Canon would buy that but the DoJ wouldn't.  Either way, I don't think Trump goes to trial but a lot of people he likes will.  I wanna watch him watch one of his children die in prison.  That nobody knows who the fuck gave him this material in the first place?  Or helped him load up the van?  Da fuh?

A couple of scattershots on the way this is developing.

First, Trump concedes and even argues that the PRA applies to most, if not all, of these documents.  The advantage for him seems to be that it provides a basis for providing access to a former President, even if it doesn't support retention/possession of the documents.  Second, Trump implies that some of the documents are personal and the PRA does not provide a judicial mechanism for resolving arguments between NARA and the former President concerning whether documents are "personal" or "Presidential" records.  So, it might seem he can claim certain things are personal, maybe everything, and avoid having them classified as Presidential records owned by and rightfully possessed by, NARA.  Not sure where that ends up.  One counterargument may be that while NARA can't judicially enforce its decision that documents are Presidential Records, not personal records, NARA didn't start this fight, he did, and now that he's invoked the judicial power, he can't escape its decision.  Moreover, nothing about the character of documents as personal records prohibits their use as evidence of a crime.

The major disadvantage for Trump, though, is that it subjects the whole thing to the PRA process on executive privilege where the Archivist and Biden Administration make the initial call on whether to "uphold" a claim of executive privilege.  And, in making that decision, can bring any consideration to bear, and maybe things that a court never would, or not credibly.  I think having this process apply to the documents is a yuuuuge disadvantage for Trump.  We've seen through Trump v. Thompson that the PRA process on executive privilege stacks the deck hugely in favor of the incumbent President.  Probably moreso than the common law on executive privilege.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Has there been any info about which foreign country's nuclear secrets Trump had? I see only 3 candidates: Russia, China or Israel, with Israel being my pick.

Which country would want to know about Israel's capabilities more than anyone? And which country can award Trump with golf tournaments, or give Kushner $2B to play with?

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Has there been any info about which foreign country's nuclear secrets Trump had? I see only 3 candidates: Russia, China or Israel, with Israel being my pick.

Which country would want to know about Israel's capabilities more than anyone? And which country can award Trump with golf tournaments, or give Kushner $2B to play with?

Could also be Iran or North Korea. 

While all those are strong possibilities for being in that document dump; I'm curious as to why "private information" about  Macron was literally right next to those nuclear documents?  Don't forget after U.S., Russia, and China...next largest arsenal by far is that of.......France.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not sure we'll ever know.

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

While all those are strong possibilities for being in that document dump; I'm curious as to why "private information" about  Macron was literally right next to those nuclear documents?  Don't forget after U.S., Russia, and China...next largest arsenal by far is that of.......France.

You know the rosbifs would love to have that info.

• Drool 1

2 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

You know the rosbifs would love to have that info.

What the fuck is rosbif?  Is that like slang for Hope Solos outer labia or something?  I  don't get it.  And now I got neonmoon stealing my conspiracy thunder?  It was just incredibly odd to me that the only person mentioned by name in the document seizure is Macron, information is described as personal/sensitive, and it's found immediately next to what is later to be revealed to be nuclear documents?  The country that quietly, very quietly, has that fourth largest arsenal.  Unless Trump went through the trouble of stealing all that shit so he could save face when people ask why Melania and Macron are always texting each other in the middle of the night.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

telling them not to crack. if everyone keeps their mouths shut, they have nothing !

I guarantee half of those guys are taking measure of the rest of their golf party and how long they will stay strong for Trump.  And wondering if the FBI offer to flip that they got last week is still good.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I guarantee half of those guys are taking measure of the rest of their golf party and how long they will stay strong for Trump.  And wondering if the FBI offer to flip that they got last week is still good.

Do we have a list of who was in attendance at that little cart rally? Other than Trump, I don’t recognize any of those guys. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I haven't seen a single golf club or bag in any of the pictures

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

They weren’t playing Golf. NJ is trying to ban LIV tournaments in NJ. Trump is trying to move it to Virginia course now. He has the head greenskeeper there and the head of Trump hotel and golf there. Eric is there in case Trump needs a diaper change 

This.  A big nothingburger.  I wish it was something bad for him, but this is what it is.

So the head greens keeper says to him, “aye; I’ll put my best man on it!”  And next scene opens with half-tard Eric washing balls, oogling golf-skirted  Tiffany Trump, “oh half-sister, I’m looking at you.  You wore green so you could hide from me…..”

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

They weren’t playing Golf. NJ is trying to ban LIV tournaments in NJ. Trump is trying to move it to Virginia course now. He has the head greenskeeper there and the head of Trump hotel and golf there. Eric is there in case Trump needs a diaper change 

50 minutes ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

This.  A big nothingburger.  I wish it was something bad for him, but this is what it is.

Why is Hannity there for that? But why is the head of grounds for the golf course there if it's for anything related the Mar-A-Lago raid? And if it's for a golf thing, why go out and have the meeting on the course and not in an office or boardroom at the club?

Just strange.

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

What the fuck is rosbif?  Is that like slang for Hope Solos outer labia or something?  I  don't get it.  And now I got neonmoon stealing my conspiracy thunder?  It was just incredibly odd to me that the only person mentioned by name in the document seizure is Macron, information is described as personal/sensitive, and it's found immediately next to what is later to be revealed to be nuclear documents?  The country that quietly, very quietly, has that fourth largest arsenal.  Unless Trump went through the trouble of stealing all that shit so he could save face when people ask why Melania and Macron are always texting each other in the middle of the night.  

French slur for the British going back to at least the Napoleonic wars.  Roast beef because of the Brits fondness for eating it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, kevwun said:

French slur for the British going back to at least the Napoleonic wars.  Roast beef because of the Brits fondness for eating it.

We’re still talking about Hope Solo’s Vagina, right?  Because I’m exhausted with monarchy talk.  

48 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Why is Hannity there for that?

He wouldn't be (IMO).

But why is the head of grounds for the golf course there if it's for anything related the Mar-A-Lago raid?

He wouldn't be.

And if it's for a golf thing, why go out and have the meeting on the course and not in an office or boardroom at the club?

I could see several reasons why a golf thing meeting might take place on the course.  If they were talking about logistics (course setup for tournament, whether and where hospitality tents and TV towers could be located, whether tee boxes might need to be moved for LIV level players versus member tees, etc.)

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement