A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

8 hours ago, YGIFS said:

2.  The bottom 25mm have been exhaustively studied and nobody still really knows them qualitatively.  They'll range from leaving politics again and never being an issue in America to refusing to accept Trump's death/defeat and taking to violence.  I think too many of them though have had too potent a validation and taste of politics so a large number of them are going to be a far larger problem than I used to think in 2020.  Spitball it and say half never vote again and half dig in even deeper.  

If 12.5mm never vote again, it will be a long time before a republican president is voted into office again.

Edited by SaucyJack
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

All they do is lie.  It's more natural, and more important to them, than breathing.

I'm pretty good at lying, maybe I should apply for GQP membership? The other day my uncle stopped by. He looked at the beer on my side table, and asked "are you drinking already?" I looked at the beer, then looked at him and said "no." 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Many latinos and blacks believe that the upper classes (thus dems) are trying to stop them (whites, latinos and blacks) in their social class) from advancing  Thus their willingness to vote trump.

Why do Rs get exempted from the upper classes in their minds?

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He really is cratering mentally isn’t he. There’s too many recent examples of him mixing up people and events. 

Hopefully, the pressure of all the litigation is doing his head in, as the brits might say.

• Hook 'Em 1

So your cognitive, admiral expert is the current White House doctor?  And you've taken two cognitive tests recently, one of which you took twice---resulting in...2+1=...wait for it.  But you're sharper than ever?  Got it.  

I think an intelligent person would know that a cognition test isn’t an intelligence test.

and someone that aces a cognition test might not stumble and repeat an entire phrase, separated by a rogue non sequitur word like admiral. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

13 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So your cognitive, admiral expert is the current White House doctor?  And you've taken two cognitive tests recently, one of which you took twice---resulting in...2+1=...wait for it.  But you're sharper than ever?  Got it.  

If the decline continues, he’ll be completely off the chain during his nomination acceptance speech later this summer.

• Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He really is cratering mentally isn’t he. There’s too many recent examples of him mixing up people and events. 

It’s kind of feeling like it.  Could be he’s just distracted by the court cases.

He could have been this way for years when he’s off-the-cuff, but he was fine as long as he stuck to the teleprompter/script.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Calendars.  These beautiful calendars.  

Two years ago, we discussed running him ragged between multiple trials in multiple states, plus running his grift rallies, plus pretending to run his real estate "empire"/house of cards, plus campaigning, plus just being an old & fat guy.  We've been led to believe that people are broken inside a dark interrogation room under a dim light with a good cop and a bad cop.  There are a host of ways to break people.  What you are seeing unfurl with Trump is yet another.  His MiL has died which has caused his "wife" to withdraw from him even more than before.  Barron will follow.  Ivanka has also distanced herself.  Soon you will see even Eric and Junior, for reasons presented only to them, distance themselves.  His court schedules will become more demanding.  The need for more fundraisers and appearances will grow more robust.  He will be incentivized to make more media appearances for reasons he doesn't fully understand but will do so out of ego, thinking the people must want to hear him speak.  Seemingly random demands for all-expense paid proprietary rallies will start popping up more and more around the country, even as he avoids debates and conventional campaign appearances (by entities not fully known to him).  And then more legal appearances before he gets to jet back to Mar-a-Lago only to be dragged downstairs to speak at a wedding reception at 11pm that isn't really a wedding reception.  Then back on the plane to multiple court venues and appearances and primary rallies and fundraisers and seeing his properties and pretending to visit his children.  

You cannot get to him.  And a sociopath won't take his own life.  And you can't get him into a black-box interrogation room.  But there are other ways to get a man of his stature other than jail or defeat in an election booth.  This gonna be fun

• Hook 'Em 1

The six registered voters of tiny Dixville Notch in New Hampshire all cast their ballots for Nikki Haley at midnight on Tuesday, giving her a clean sweep over former President Donald Trump and all the other candidates.

I would love to hear a reporter egg him on to trash dixville. He'd probably order the proud boys in to have a dildo stuffing contest, or whatever it is they do. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think an intelligent person would know that a cognition test isn’t an intelligence test.

and someone that aces a cognition test might not stumble and repeat an entire phrase, separated by a rogue non sequitur word like admiral. 

An intelligent person wouldn’t call themselves a very stable genius. An intelligent person wouldn’t block access to their college transcripts. An intelligent person wouldn’t look at the sun during an eclipse. An intelligent person wouldn’t wonder if injecting disinfectant into the body might be a good way to fight off a viral infection. An intelligent person wouldn’t think that windmills cause cancer and kill whales.

And so forth. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

An intelligent person wouldn’t call themselves a very stable genius. An intelligent person wouldn’t block access to their college transcripts. An intelligent person wouldn’t look at the sun during an eclipse. An intelligent person wouldn’t wonder if injecting disinfectant into the body might be a good way to fight off a viral infection. An intelligent person wouldn’t think that windmills cause cancer and kill whales.

And so forth. 

You forgot my favorite - nuking a hurricane 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

You forgot my favorite - nuking a hurricane 

In fairness, nuking a hurricane would be fucking cool.  It wouldn't work, at least not without some horrific butterfly effect, but it would be fucking cool.

• Drool 1

buying greenland would have been cool.  the problem is that they were untalented diplomat pretenders and wouldn't have the first inkling of how to do something like that.

i can't imagine nuking a hurricane is even theoretically a workable thing.  (1) think of the radar image of a hurricane coming.  it's like, half the size of the gulf of mexico and 10 miles tall.  c'mon man.  (2) think of how many countries hate our guts.  then they see us readying some nukes.  no no no, i promise this isn't for you. we're just gonna uh lob it into the atmosphere 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

buying greenland would have been cool.  the problem is that they were untalented diplomat pretenders and wouldn't have the first inkling of how to do something like that.

Also, you know there are 56,000 that live in Greenland that might not want to be American and lose all the privileges that come with being Danish and a member of the EU.

• Hook 'Em 2

I remember him saying it, but I don't remember if there was some sorta press conference coverup later on which attempted to describe what he meant by the "Nuke the Hurricane" idea.  Like, did he mean you launched it from a bomber way overhead?  Or from a submarine below the surface underneath the hurricane?  Does it just drop in the water from overhead or rise from below the surface and either way, it detonates at the ocean waterline?  Or would be like you drop it/launch it and have it detonate about the atmospheric altitude of the hurricane system itself?  And then do you deploy it straight into the eye of the hurricane?  Or like slightly off to the NW given its rotation so it would envelop the mushroom fallout (insert Stormy Trump joke here)?  Or do you launch it horizontally straight into it like Jack Ryan asked Skip in Red October, "Yeah, you can launch an ICBM horizontally, but why would you want to?"  

Of all the bizarre shit he said in office, this was something I sincerely believe he actually put a lot of thought into.  And I want to know what his follow-up rationale was.  Like he bounced around a lot of stupid ideas to some boot-lickers during his tenure and half of them thought half his ideas were valid.  But when you start seriously discussing deploying nuclear warheads from our arsenal, at some point he had to get to somebody either at the Pentagon/DoD/DoE/NOAA/Joint Chiefs that had to sit there with a straight face and answer him earnestly about the feasability of all this.  And they had to not laugh because they were actually having a frank discussion about launching nuclear weapons at a cloud.  

My favorite part of the "inject bleach" deal was that it wasn't something random that popped up in his head, or it wasn't that he just had a brain fart and misspoke. No, that was something he was going around saying to people. And he kept being told "Dude, no. That's not a thing. Stop it." And then he tried again in a nationally televised press conference. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Yeah, every President has so much to juggle and is sleep deprived and exhausted and they probably float idiotic ideas on a weekly basis (even the smart ones).  And the staff eventually learns how to punt stuff, or hand it off to micro-issue experts at State or DoD or wherever.  And the system kinda plugs along.  And even during Covid, he's suddenly surrounded by this new team of experts from CDC and HHS, folks a POTUS doesn't typically interact with during most terms.  So they're all kinda learning one another's rhythms on the fly.  So they probably didn't think he was serious so they kinda shrugged it off but sure as shit, somebody else on his usual staff just kinda encouraged him to go out there and mention it casually on live TV.  And sure enough, some morons in New York who were MAGAs tried it and it didn't go so well.  

Thankfully, some folks at the Pentagon at least said, "Sir, you can draw whatever you want and say whatever you want...but the launch protocols do not include an option for launching ICBMs at weather patterns.  Even if we agreed to it, which we don't, hurricanes don't have target ID's"  

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I’m actually on board with buying Greenland. As the name implies I’m told it’s full of lush vegetation, could draw tourist dollars. Also, have you looked at a map recently? It’s like the size of South America. That’s a lot of land, a whole continent to ourselves, well worth the cost.

The cost of sweeping the lush forests to prevent fires is arguably prohibitive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, texasdago said:

The various videos out of yesterday's rally... dude is losing it and it is picking up steam.

Yup, the bigger an idiot he is on stage, the more people seem to support him, this fucking simulation.

There have been so many stupid events it is impossible to remember them all and yet the cult just sucks it up.  

We are fucked as humans.  I feel like the human brain is regressing.  
I feel like the internet just shines a light into some previously dark corners. What it illuminates Is horrific.
  • Rage+1 1