A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Wasn’t DoE one of the departments he pledged to eliminate during that debate where he forgot the third one?

Well yeah, because of the warheads.  He was trying to bring a peace, you warmonger!

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i think i speak for everyone when i say:

fans GIF

It is, unfortunately, true that the Obama administration  refused to send lethal aid to Ukraine.  I believe due to the proximity of Maidan and Crimea, it was thought to be too provocative.  We did, apparently, send important military aid like AA radar that is impacting the current situation.

I think because it was a few years removed from those crises, the Trump administration  believed it safer to send lethal aid in the form of Javelins.

I rather highly doubt Trump, or Obama, unilaterally decided either time.  They followed the advice of state and defense officials and Congress.

And certainly with the fullness of hindsight, we can see that Obama was probably too "appeasy" with Russia and Ukraine, but it's a tough call.

Edited by TwiceHorn

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I rather highly doubt Trump, or Obama, unilaterally decided either time. 

it all has to go through appropriations.  here is some press release from senator blumenthal in 2018 (i.e., pre-trump first impeachment shenanigans so it isn't colored by that)

https://www.blumenthal.senate.gov/newsroom/press/release/blumenthal-portman-ukraine-security-assistance-amendment-passes-senate-as-part-of-fy-2018-ndaa

U.S Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) and Rob Portman (R-OH) today announced that key elements of their amendment boosting security assistance for Ukraine passed the Senate as part of the FY 2018 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). Building off of previous NDAA support, the FY 2018 NDAA authorizes $500 million in security assistance, including lethal and non-lethal equipment, training, and technical assistance. 

https://www.ukrweekly.com/uwwp/2018-ndaa-provision-to-aid-ukraine-wounded-soldiers-clears-final-hurdle/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It is, unfortunately, true that the Obama administration  refused to send lethal aid to Ukraine.  I believe due to the proximity of Maidan and Crimea, it was thought to be too provocative.  We did, apparently, send important military aid like AA radar that is impacting the current situation.

I think because it was a few years removed from those crises, the Trump administration  believed it safer to send lethal aid in the form of Javelins.

I rather highly doubt Trump, or Obama, unilaterally decided either time.  They followed the advice of state and defense officials and Congress.

And certainly with the fullness of hindsight, we can see that Obama was probably too "appeasy" with Russia and Ukraine, but it's a tough call.

Trump didn't want to send Ukraine any javelins. Veto-proof majorities in Congress did. People within the Trump administration were split on it (I think Pompeo supported it but don't remember who else did and who opposed). But Trump never wanted to send anything and since he couldn't veto the aid legislation he used it to try to extort Zelinsky instead. Him trying to claim credit is to be expected now though. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

I'm always amazed of the amount of shit I forgot Trump did or tried to pull while in office.

"The Trump administration broke the law by withholding congressionally approved military aid to Ukraine last summer "for a policy reason," a top government watchdog said Thursday in a scathing report.

The Government Accountability Office's report came a day after the House of Representatives sent articles of its impeachment of President Donald Trump to the Senate for conduct related to holding back that aid.

Trump refused to release the funds to Ukraine at the same time he was pressuring that country's new president to announce investigations of former Vice President Joe Biden and of Biden's son Hunter, who had served on the board of a Ukraine gas company. Joe Biden is the current front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination.

The funds were only released after the block on the aid became publicly known, sparking the congressional probe which led to the Republican president's impeachment by the Democratic-controlled House.

The GAO report said that the Office of Management and Budget cited "a policy reason" for withholding $214 million in funds appropriated by Congress to the Defense Department for security assistance to Ukraine."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

I'm always amazed of the amount of shit I forgot Trump did or tried to pull while in office.

"The Trump administration broke the law by withholding congressionally approved military aid to Ukraine last summer "for a policy reason," a top government watchdog said Thursday in a scathing report.

The Government Accountability Office's report came a day after the House of Representatives sent articles of its impeachment of President Donald Trump to the Senate for conduct related to holding back that aid.

Trump refused to release the funds to Ukraine at the same time he was pressuring that country's new president to announce investigations of former Vice President Joe Biden and of Biden's son Hunter, who had served on the board of a Ukraine gas company. Joe Biden is the current front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination.

The funds were only released after the block on the aid became publicly known, sparking the congressional probe which led to the Republican president's impeachment by the Democratic-controlled House.

The GAO report said that the Office of Management and Budget cited "a policy reason" for withholding $214 million in funds appropriated by Congress to the Defense Department for security assistance to Ukraine."

that 4 years was literally putting out one fire after another as trump continually lit matches and threw them over his shoulder. he happened to ignite a lot of things, but this one was smoldering all along. can't believe more people didn't see this coming - and maybe they did and we're just now finding out about it. still think it's hilarious that for being such a pudding brain (according to R's), Biden telegraphing Putin's every move to the world doomed Putin's campaign from the beginning. I'll actually be interested in reading the autopsy from this conflict. Putin had the upper hand in the disinformation war - until Biden and the world pulled the plug on his microphone

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

it all has to go through appropriations.  here is some press release from senator blumenthal in 2018 (i.e., pre-trump first impeachment shenanigans so it isn't colored by that)

https://www.blumenthal.senate.gov/newsroom/press/release/blumenthal-portman-ukraine-security-assistance-amendment-passes-senate-as-part-of-fy-2018-ndaa

U.S Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) and Rob Portman (R-OH) today announced that key elements of their amendment boosting security assistance for Ukraine passed the Senate as part of the FY 2018 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). Building off of previous NDAA support, the FY 2018 NDAA authorizes $500 million in security assistance, including lethal and non-lethal equipment, training, and technical assistance. 

https://www.ukrweekly.com/uwwp/2018-ndaa-provision-to-aid-ukraine-wounded-soldiers-clears-final-hurdle/

Yeah, I wasn't sure how specific Congress was in the appropriations, exactly.

So it's wrong for Trump to take credit and probably also wrong for Obama to be blamed.  Although I might expect Obama and his appointees to be a bit more involved in working with Congress on the appropriation in the first place.  I don't think Trump is that detail-oriented.

this could actually be this pathetic man's downfall.  what if people all the sudden start hearing all the "putin is savvy" kind of crap they've been doing and get turned off.  

there's a scene in the contender (fairly dumb political thriller with a good cast) where president jeff lebowski tells gary oldman he has to publicly marry himself to a proposed vice presidential nominee and he'll nominate the guy.  gary oldman says to some cameras the nominee is a great person.  suddenly the person turns out to be a shitbag and oldman is neutered because of it.  maybe that'll happen here.

21 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

this could actually be this pathetic man's downfall.  what if people all the sudden start hearing all the "putin is savvy" kind of crap they've been doing and get turned off.  

there's a scene in the contender (fairly dumb political thriller with a good cast) where president jeff lebowski tells gary oldman he has to publicly marry himself to a proposed vice presidential nominee and he'll nominate the guy.  gary oldman says to some cameras the nominee is a great person.  suddenly the person turns out to be a shitbag and oldman is neutered because of it.  maybe that'll happen here.

Wishful thinking.  To paraphrase dotard, himself:  He could blow Putin and take a facial on 5th Ave and not lose a vote.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Wishful thinking.  To paraphrase dotard, himself:  He could blow Putin and take a facial on 5th Ave and not lose a vote.

But the real question ....is he stupid enough to turn on Putin due to public opinion. There's not any scenario that contains the words "trump" and "is he stupid enough" where I would answer in the negative. Trump is always stupid enough. I want to see him do it. 

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

But the real question ....is he stupid enough to turn on Putin due to public opinion. There's not any scenario that contains the words "trump" and "is he stupid enough" where I would answer in the negative. Trump is always stupid enough. I want to see him do it. 

Putin? I hardly know the guy. Maybe stood next to him at a conference or something, but you know people are saying I'm a popular guy so I'm supposed to have met everybody. But that's just FAKE news.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Blotto said:

It might hasten DOTARD's demise if he were to do that.

57 minutes ago, Blotto said:

He’s too stupid not to turn on Putin. He desperately wants to BE Putin. There’s no one he admires more. Want to make his head explode? Ask him to pick one: be Vladimir Putin with all the wealth and power that comes with it, or fuck Ivanka. You can’t have both. One or the other. Now choose.

KABOOM!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He’s too stupid not to turn on Putin. He desperately wants to BE Putin. There’s no one he admires more. Want to make his head explode? Ask him to pick one: be Vladimir Putin with all the wealth and power that comes with it, or fuck Ivanka. You can’t have both. One or the other. Now choose.

KABOOM!

In private, maybe a tour bus, he would claim he already did the second thing.  wink wink

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

KABOOM!

You assume he hasn’t fucked ivanka

Edited by Pato del Muerto

30 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

FMu31p6WYAAFSYK?format=jpg&name=large

Really, the only time you see standup as one word, and even then it's usually hyphenated, is "standup/stand-up comic/comedian."  Which works out well, 'cause this guy is a fucking joke.  Only instead of a punchline, he gets to watch his children rot in prison, unable to molest Ivanka one more time, or physically beat Don Jr and Eric, and all that before his earthly demise.  /thearistocrats

Of course he is.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/trump-appeals-ruling-requiring-that-he-testify-new-york-probe-2022-02-28/

Bragg slow rolling the investigation and the prosecutors resigning might have been a good thing in light of this.  Hard to argue that an indictment is imminent criminally when the investigation as it a standstill.

For those here that voted for Trump and still support him (you know who you are), if he has nothing to hide, why does he fight this so hard?

Truth is, he and his family are guilty as fuck.  If you continue to support him, you are as big of a piece of shit as he is.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Trump didn't want to send Ukraine any javelins. Veto-proof majorities in Congress did. People within the Trump administration were split on it (I think Pompeo supported it but don't remember who else did and who opposed). But Trump never wanted to send anything and since he couldn't veto the aid legislation he used it to try to extort Zelinsky instead. Him trying to claim credit is to be expected now though. 

20 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Thanks for the reminder about how it went down. I'd forgotten the sequence was Trump blocking the will of Congress for personal gain. I guess the attempt to overthrow the election shuffled a lot of stuff to the back files of my memory.

The GQP would recreate the USA in Trump's image. It's remarkable how far they've advanced that agenda.

17 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

This.  There is literally nothing he could do to turn away his voting base.  Video of him doing unspeakable acts would be brushed off as "fabricated by the deep state."  Actually, I take that back, the one thing, the ONE THING, he could do that would probably turn his people against him would be to say something nice about Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, George Soros or Hilary Clinton. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

This.  There is literally nothing he could do to turn away his voting base.  Video of him doing unspeakable acts would be brushed off as "fabricated by the deep state."  Actually, I take that back, the one thing, the ONE THING, he could do that would probably turn his people against him would be to say something nice about Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, George Soros or Hilary Clinton. 

Not sure even that would be enough. The mantle of Trump obsequity is all enveloping and to remove it would leave everyone bare and exposed. People often find that uncomfortable, shameful, and fearful to an extreme. Naked and Afraid is more than just a show, it's a state of mind.

Wrong. Trump had no clue where Ukraine is (just like most people) and barely knew it was a country.

It’s beyond time to implement a presidential combine that identifies the core competencies of the position and seeks to vet presidential candidates based on those core competencies. NFL teams put more effort in analyzing deep snappers than political parties do in choosing candidates. Its madness.
  • Hook 'Em 8

6 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Wrong. Trump had no clue where Ukraine is (just like most people) and barely knew it was a country.

It’s beyond time to implement a presidential combine that identifies the core competencies of the position and seeks to vet presidential candidates based on those core competencies. NFL teams put more effort in analyzing deep snappers than political parties do in choosing candidates. Its madness.

My expectations are minimal these days.  I suggest that when any primary gets down to three candidates they have to go on national television and each must enter a soundproof, glass cube.  They are each given different topics or the same topic and then they have to write an essay.  They'll be given one hour.  The essays don't even have to be good.  I just want to see if they can write knowledgeably on basic civics questions.  I'd also like to know that they're capable of writing an intro, a thesis statement, a body and a conclusion.  The grammar and spelling would be interesting.  It'd also be interesting to know who could type.  Give them a choice of laptop or just a pen and a legal tablet.  I'd also enjoy guffawing at the inevitable handful of assholes who would have essays rife with spelling errors in spite of having spellcheck available.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chooky said:

My expectations are minimal these days.  I suggest that when any primary gets down to three candidates they have to go on national television and each must enter a soundproof, glass cube.  They are each given different topics or the same topic and then they have to write an essay.  They'll be given one hour.  The essays don't even have to be good.  I just want to see if they can write knowledgeably on basic civics questions.  I'd also like to know that they're capable of writing an intro, a thesis statement, a body and a conclusion.  The grammar and spelling would be interesting.  It'd also be interesting to know who could type.  Give them a choice of laptop or just a pen and a legal tablet.  I'd also enjoy guffawing at the inevitable handful of assholes who would have essays rife with spelling errors in spite of having spellcheck available.   

How about red light green light to narrow down to the final three? 

E8BEDED1-E36E-4877-ACA1-D2BCDFEB67AF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Also need to measure their hand size.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chooky said:

I would actually prefer that exact scenario to current debates as there would be some pretty solid lulz involved. But I doubt it would influence many voters. A large chunk of americans would be challenged to accomplish the same task, so it wouldn't bother them one iota if their candidates cant either. Trump could spend his entire hour jerking it to Hannity clips on his laptop and if he promises to own the libz, he gets the vote. People that would actually care have already identified the morons working the way through the process. Its not like boebert's intellectual firepower is a well guarded secret. 

image.png.eeb41434a1a9daae550e09990bbd94b5.png

Turns out, Trump isn't using his new social media playtoy at all. 

https://www.axios.com/trump-blowing-truth-social-launch-c2d4f1f0-5440-478a-acfa-b9462b64568c.html

Former President Trump is blowing the launch of his new social media company, via a series of unforced errors.

Why it matters: The SPAC that agreed to take Truth Social public is valued at over $3.5 billion. At some point, investors will begin paying attention.

The big picture: Truth Social spent much of February in private beta with invited users, saying its public unveil would be Feb. 21 (President's Day, natch)

The launch itself was buzzy, with Truth Social shooting to the top of Apple's App Store (there isn't yet an Android or web version).

But the vast majority of people downloading the app, me included, were given a waitlist number. Nine days later, most of us remain on that waitlist, with our number unchanged and without a word of communication from the company. A waitlist "refresh" icon doesn't work.

As of this writing, Truth Social has fallen to No. 57 in the App Store, just behind Tinder and Planet Fitness Workouts.

The former president is Truth Social's founder and chairman, so he obviously bears some responsibility for putting together the team that's so far fallen on its face. But, most importantly, he's not using the app.

Trump hasn't posted a single time since the launch, despite an international crisis that has captivated the country. Instead, he's given his comments to radio and TV hosts — including one this morning with Dominion conspiracy theorist Maria Bartiromo — plus via his CPAC speech.

Had he limited, or at least prioritized, his reactions to Truth Social, it would have caused every media outlet to mention the app. Same would have applied to last night's State of the Union address.

This is beginning to remind me a bit of Trump's 2013 foray into crowdfunding, via a site called FundAnything. At launch, Trump said that each week he'd contribute to new FundAnything campaigns and then promote those selections via his (then active) Twitter account. But he soon lost interest, and the site eventually folded.

The difference between Truth Social and FundAnything, however, are those publicly traded SPAC securities.

And none of this even begins to address the ongoing investigation into the SPAC by federal securities regulators, or that the SPAC won't identify the investors behind $1 billion in contingent PIPE financing. Or that the SPAC sponsor's only other merger effort was a failure.

The bottom line: The SPAC's investment thesis seems to be that a large percentage of Trump's 88 million Twitter followers will migrate over to Truth Social. But nearly two weeks after launch, his dormant account has fewer than 80,000 followers. And Trump himself is largely to blame.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

This is why I think he doesn't actually want to be president and never did.  He doesn't want to do the work involved.  He just wants the grift.  

• Hook 'Em 2

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/596484-trump-calls-the-russian-invasion-a-holocaust-urges-russia-to-stop

Former President Trump called the Russian invasion into Ukraine “a holocaust” and urged Russia to stop fighting, a large shift in tone since last week when the former president praised Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Trump's remarks came during a Wednesday interview with Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo, widely seen as a Trump ally.

The former president said Russia has "to stop killing these people" and suggested a deal could be worked out to end the conflict.

His remarks were a part of a wide-ranging interview, which included criticism of the Biden administration's handling of the Russia-Ukraine crisis, which served as the opening note to President Biden's State of the Union address on Tuesday night.

After Trump said that "something could be done with [Russia] right now," Bartiromo asked him "what's the solution."

“Well, you have to work out a deal. They have to stop killing these people," Trump answered. "They're killing all of these people, and they have to stop it, and they have to stop it now.

Oh Donnie...... you're getting closer, you can do it. Just criticize Putin for being the psychopath that he is. Putin seems like he's in a good mood these days, I'm sure he won't be bothered by his playtoy chirping at him like a little bitch. 

Doesn’t baffle me at all.  My only question was did he think there was a place called Finland and he just assumed it was part of Russia?  Or did they show him a map with no writing on it and he just drew a new penis tip from Saint Petersburg to most of Finland, like Finland was the ballsack? And then he had to keep Melania from trying to suck on the bottom of the map?  Because.  You know…she’s a whore. 

35 minutes ago, Blotto said:

After Trump said that "something could be done with [Russia] right now," Bartiromo asked him "what's the solution."

“Well, you have to work out a deal. They have to stop killing these people," Trump answered. "They're killing all of these people, and they have to stop it, and they have to stop it now.

HOW THE FUCK DOES ANYONE BELIEVE THIS MAN WAS A COMPETENT PRESIDENT?

On 3/1/2022 at 1:10 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Not sure even that would be enough. The mantle of Trump obsequity is all enveloping and to remove it would leave everyone bare and exposed. People often find that uncomfortable, shameful, and fearful to an extreme. Naked and Afraid is more than just a show, it's a state of mind.

Fuck of with that shit! 

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement