A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

10 minutes ago, sachick said:

Pelosi was on 60 minutes tonight talking impeachment and the 25th amendment. It must be killing him not being able to respond on Twitter.

Yep. 

People keep saying he can get on television in the White House briefing room whenever he wants to send his message and of course they’re right. But not only does Trump pretty much suck at that, it’s still another layer or barrier between him and his followers.

With Twitter, he can sit there on the toilet taking a shit and within 10 seconds get his message sent out directly to all his psycho followers with no filter, no time difference, no nothing. That’s extremely powerful and now it’s gone.

Good. He will not be able to replicate it. He may get a few million Followers on some other non moderated site but then it gets eventually overrun by ads to kill the Jews and anal sex and the only people left are nut jobs that the FBI is a to arrest anyway. 

He’s fucked and he knows it. 

I think I'm going to leave them to themselves. Apparently they are working hard to get more servers, etc but for now they are really slow. I did find one account holder who also had a twitter account and so dug around in there to get an idea of their user types and saw this one from this morning. (Like a lot of folks, he appears to be keeping his twitter account going because 'own the libs' is of course, the whole point)

Which due to our current President made me go....

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Yep. 

People keep saying he can get on television in the White House briefing room whenever he wants to send his message and of course they’re right. But not only does Trump pretty much suck at that, it’s still another layer or barrier between him and his followers.

With Twitter, he can sit there on the toilet taking a shit and within 10 seconds get his message sent out directly to all his psycho followers with no filter, no time difference, no nothing. That’s extremely powerful and now it’s gone.

Good. He will not be able to replicate it. He may get a few million Followers on some other non moderated site but then it gets eventually overrun by ads to kill the Jews and anal sex and the only people left are nut jobs that the FBI is a to arrest anyway. 

He’s fucked and he knows it. 

That seems to be it unless he does end up on Gab. It does seem a lot like Twitter, but if none of the entertainment/business/sports leaders have accounts, then people are likely to migrate back eventually as you say. People that are not completely radicalized want entertainment of some sort and that doesn't seem to be there at this time.

52 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm hearing right wing folks that are canceling their twitter accounts and now having parler get yanked are trying gab. Is that something you can view without joining? Is it going to work for them in the same way as the previous two?

Maybe he should use the U.S. Mail to reach his followers.....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Looks like it’s time for generation Z to start focusing on gab and it’s servers. 

But that’s beyond my capabilities to really understand. 

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I think I'm going to leave them to themselves. Apparently they are working hard to get more servers, etc but for now they are really slow. I did find one account holder who also had a twitter account and so dug around in there to get an idea of their user types and saw this one from this morning. (Like a lot of folks, he appears to be keeping his twitter account going because 'own the libs' is of course, the whole point)

Which due to our current President made me go....

giphy.gif

Super aware, they are. 

1 hour ago, texas08 said:

9a5cb39573b3f650b17b492419b10f6b.jpg

Spot on...

He/they did break their silence...

https://www.nj.com/sports/2021/01/pga-will-strip-trump-bedminster-of-2022-pga-championship-insider-says.html

Love this quote. Yes, Steve, I imagine lots of clubs will somehow find a way to host the PGA Championship. 

“We find ourselves in a political situation not of our making,” Seth Waugh, the CEO of the PGA of America, said in a telephone interview. “We’re fiduciaries for our members, for the game, for our mission and for our brand. And how do we best protect that? Our feeling was given the tragic events of Wednesday that we could no longer hold it at Bedminster. The damage could have been irreparable. The only real course of action was to leave.”

The PGA is at Kiawah Island in South Carolina in May.

“We’ve had a number of places reach out already,” Waugh said. “We think we’ll have a bunch of options.”

38 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Who created the MOF, iow, what is its origin?  

Who/whatever has the authority to do so, should rename the award and reissue it to all legitimate recipients.  Then, they need to make a proclamation that the recipients of the MOF issued by trump are cunts.  I mean, you could make it legit sounding but the essential message would be: cunts. 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
tense
  • Hook 'Em 2

I really was torn on who to pull for tonight in the CFB playoff game.  I hate the fans of Ohio State and I hate the SEC.  But I want to watch the game with some vested interest, so in honor of Jim Jordan receiving this award so undeservedly...I am going for Alabama.  Saban might be an asshole, but he's no seditionist asshole who lies for child molesters.  No large university need answer for what every one of its alumni do, but considering what today means for Jordan, Trump, and Ohio State---ROLL TIDE! 

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I really was torn on who to pull for tonight in the CFB playoff game.  I hate the fans of Ohio State and I hate the SEC.  But I want to watch the game with some vested interest, so in honor of Jim Jordan receiving this award so undeservedly...I am going for Alabama.  Saban might be an asshole, but he's no seditionist asshole who lies for child molesters.  No large university need answer for what every one of its alumni do, but considering what today means for Jordan, Trump, and Ohio State---ROLL TIDE! 

Would also like a good offensive showing from our soon-to-be head coach.

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

On the other hand, the entire state of Alabama is full of seditionist assholes, with several of them living right around the corner from Bamachick, so....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Seems relevant to the thread

Anyone else seeing this along with Parlor being shut down, Trump and others Twitter being shut down being used as a cry for illegal censorship against the Right?  I am seeing this all over my Facebook feed and my neighborhood page where all the Trumpkins are calling everyone else Nazi's for shutting down free speech.  I mean, these fuckers can twist around anything in their simple minds apparently.  They are always victims from something.

• Like 1

And their "cancel culture" cries have already begun.  It's apparently enshrined in the constitution that you can't be taken off a social media platform or an AM radio talk show.  It's not the government doing it, it's just private businesses making private decisions.  But they're already crying out "Cancel Culture." 

Every crappy show eventually gets canceled and the "Donald Trump Rape of America" series is winding down and facing cancellation.  Most subscribers will move on to a different show but there's gonna be about 15-25mm leftover with nothing else to watch.  They are our new problem now.  

18 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Anyone else seeing this along with Parlor being shut down, Trump and others Twitter being shut down being used as a cry for illegal censorship against the Right?  I am seeing this all over my Facebook feed and my neighborhood page where all the Trumpkins are calling everyone else Nazi's for shutting down free speech.  I mean, these fuckers can twist around anything in their simple minds apparently.  They are always victims from something.

It appears that I have blocked or unfriended the correct people because I am no longer subjected to all that bullshit.

17 minutes ago, Lobo said:

And their "cancel culture" cries have already begun.  It's apparently enshrined in the constitution that you can't be taken off a social media platform or an AM radio talk show.  It's not the government doing it, it's just private businesses making private decisions.  But they're already crying out "Cancel Culture." 

Every crappy show eventually gets canceled and the "Donald Trump Rape of America" series is winding down and facing cancellation.  Most subscribers will move on to a different show but there's gonna be about 15-25mm leftover with nothing else to watch.  They are our new problem now.  

How does it not occur to them that maybe, if all of these private businesses are making these decisions, perhaps it's because their beliefs and ideas are batshit crazy?

7 minutes ago, 1978horn said:

It appears that I have blocked or unfriended the correct people because I am no longer subjected to all that bullshit.

It takes a while because of people who post infrequently.  I believe I purged the last few shortly after the election was called.

An acquaintance posted the following in response to being reminded that a private company, not the government, threw Parler off their servers.

so then private companies across the country should be open then.... like restaurants and bowling alleys... that’s literally the worst argument possible.

SMDH

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I keep asking those people what the First Ammendment actually says, to at least quote the first five words of it, but none of them can do it.   I also saw one lady accuse Twitter of being "Communist" because of their actions.  Fucking idiots.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Who/whatever has the authority to do so, should rename the award and reissue it to all legitimate recipients.  Then, they need to make a proclamation that the recipients of the MOF issued by trump are cunts.  I mean, you could make it legit sounding but the essential message would be: cunts. 

I would like to raise an objection to the name you selected and suggest an alternative. Not, as you might surmise because 'cunt' derives from a misogynistic origin, it has evolved from that somewhat to have widespread meaning, but because you are missing one of the best opportunities in Surly history.

You have in the immortal and illustrious @THUJONE one of the most capable and talented MS Paint artists alive. A Texas Treasure who could design a proclamation unrivaled in history. Your motto is what starts here, changes the world, correct? Thus, the Trump issued MOF would be: A medal of dicks.

47 minutes ago, Left Coast said:

On the other hand, the entire state of Alabama is full of seditionist assholes, with several of them living right around the corner from Bamachick, so....

I believe he attempts to stay apolitical, but a Nick Saban throwing shade on Tommy Tubby after a win would be an interesting scenario.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Editing--I haven't looked to see, however, if every recipient of the Medal in the last four years has been all friends and cronies. .
  • Hook 'Em 2

Where's he going today?  I know tomorrow he's heading for the RGV to see "the Wall" at the Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge.  I'm sure there's a golf trip in the next 48 hours as well.  

Has he indicated where he plans to be on Inauguration Day, and who gets to use the plane that day?  

• immamac changed the title to A story about a pathetic man's downfall
  • Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement