Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

16 hours ago, Chad said:

Why go out of your way to trash Daniel Jones? Yes we know he played for Duke, a Basketball school who is fortunate to even earn a bowl berth in football. Baker was awful at Tech, he never beat anyone that mattered. He shined when playing shitty competition last season, Cleveland beat a single playoff team with Baker starting and went on a run beating a ton of awful teams like beating Cincy twice.

Jalen Ramsey earned the right to talk trash because he could back it up and became one of the best corners in the NFL. I'm going to laugh if Baker and Cleveland fail to live up to the colossal expectations they've set for themselves this season with Baker and OBJ spewing all kinds of shit every chance they get.

Yeah they've really been set up for a big fall. Could be fun watching the trainwreck.

14 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I don't care how talented you are, it never ends well for insufferable assholes who are in love with themselves, especially at the QB position in the NFL.

Oh, I dunno. Seems to be going ok for Aaron Rodgers, but he's probably more of an exception to the rule.

16 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL exactly.

A widely despised NFL QB who never won shit.  That's exactly where Mayfield is heading.

You said it never ends well, nothing about winning. He's got a hot wife and made millions of dollars.  I'd say it ended very well for that douche. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, markstanco said:

You said it never ends well, nothing about winning. He's got a hot wife and made millions of dollars.  I'd say it ended very well for that douche. 

Well by that standard it "ends well" for every QB who plays in the NFL. They ALL have millions of dollars and hot wives... even the 3rd string guys who never play.

Hell Brandon Weeden is done playing and has $10 million in the bank.  

In the context of his comments, Baker was talking about winning.  Name me one big time WINNING NFL QB who was a preening, shit-talking douchebag like Baker?  

Aaron Rodgers is probably the closest thing, but the interesting thing about him is that I think most observers have been slightly disappointed with what he's done, given his raw talent.

Edited by oSuJeff97

24 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Cam Newton was a shitty person who is still pretty successful, but he seems to be maturing, at least publicly. Mayfield is just a piece of shit who will be mediocre at best long term. Keep flapping those lips asshole.

Man, you’re right.  Nothing good ever comes to assholes.  

I think he’s earning all that shit flying his way but acting like bad actors don’t reap rewards, especially in sports is fucking hilarious.  No CR, bro.  

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Well by that standard it "ends well" for every QB who plays in the NFL. They ALL have millions of dollars and hot wives... even the 3rd string guys who never play.

Hell Brandon Weeden is done playing and has $10 million in the bank.  

In the context of his comments, Baker was talking about winning.  Name me one big time WINNING NFL QB who was a preening, shit-talking douchebag like Baker?  

Aaron Rodgers is probably the closest thing, but the interesting thing about him is that I think most observers have been slightly disappointed with what he's done, given his raw talent.

Brett Faaaa vrah is a known douchebag. 

11 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah IDK.  At least it's obvious Baker wants to win.  So if he loses and misses games due to injury (or garbage truck accidents) we all will feel like he's suffering.  That motherfucker Cutler could not be bothered to give a shit about one fucking thing - including winning.  So acting like he really got it bad since he didn't win is far from the truth.  The POS made over 120M and rode off into the sunset with his hot ass wife.  Fuck that guy.  There's no way his 'fall' was glorious.  And fuck, I sure as hell wish it was. 

Seems like it was pretty glorious for him

39 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Brett Faaaa vrah is a known douchebag. 

Faaaavre may be a known douchebag, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking shit in the media about where other players got drafted when he was a rookie who hadn't even posted a winning record in the NFL yet.  

Also pretty sure he wasn't grabbing his crotch taunting fucking Kansas when he was in college.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wood said:

Yeah they've really been set up for a big fall. Could be fun watching the trainwreck.

You have OBJ who gets pissed when things don't go his way, Landry who is accustomed to seeing the ball thrown his way 140+ times a year, Baker who is a trash talking primadonna douche bag and a host of other personalities with character concerns. It'll be interesting to see how things play out especially if they don't deliver on the field with all the hype surrounding the Browns this year.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chad said:

You have OBJ who gets pissed when things don't go his way, Landry who is accustomed to seeing the ball thrown his way 140+ times a year, Baker who is a trash talking primadonna douche bag and a host of other personalities with character concerns. It'll be interesting to see how things play out especially if they don't deliver on the field with all the hype surrounding the Browns this year.

Yep. It's like you're inside my head. It won't be as easy for the fans and the media to overlook all the douchebaggery when the douchebags aren't bringing in the Ws, which will happen at some point no matter what.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep. It's like you're inside my head. It won't be as easy for the fans and the media to overlook all the douchebaggery when the douchebags aren't bringing in the Ws, which will happen at some point no matter what.

You and others are going to be disappointed - this team is stacked.  

12-4 (maybe 11-5 as there will be at least one game lost due to shitty placekickers)

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

this dipshit is from lake travis.  surly there's someone on this board who knows the family.

is the dad this much of a prick or is this a case where baker learned on his own to be an uber prick?

Didn't Gary Patterson get into it a bit with both of them a few years back?  Think it was about something that happened during the transfer process.  It gave me the impression they're both insufferable cocksuckers.

1 minute ago, CurlyDumps said:

Didn't Gary Patterson get into it a bit with both of them a few years back?  Think it was about something that happened during the transfer process.  It gave me the impression they're both insufferable cocksuckers.

this sounds more plausible.  no way baker perfected being a bitch ass prick on his own.  

15 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

You and others are going to be disappointed - this team is stacked.  

12-4 (maybe 11-5 as there will be at least one game lost due to shitty placekickers)

For them to go 12-4, they need to go 4-4 in these games and win the other 8 games on their schedule:

@NYJ

@Ravens

Rams

Hawks

@Patriots

@Denver

Steelers

@Steelers

I don't see that happening. They have a really shitty schedule so maybe they get 10 wins but 11 or 12 would require everything to bounce their way in a major fashion. I'm thinking they still find a way to lose 7 or 8 games. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chad said:

Why go out of your way to trash Daniel Jones? Yes we know he played for Duke, a Basketball school who is fortunate to even earn a bowl berth in football. Baker was awful at Tech, he never beat anyone that mattered. He shined when playing shitty competition last season, Cleveland beat a single playoff team with Baker starting and went on a run beating a ton of awful teams like beating Cincy twice.

Just generally speaking, in a vacuum, man, give me the kid from Miami (OH) or some other non-football school with a massive chip on his shoulder since age 17 when scouts first starting ignoring him over the kid who has had a charmed existence* and went to a football powerhouse. It's not like USC, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc. has some awesome track record of producing NFL standouts. Lotta Matt Leinhart's.

*Not that Baker falls into that that category given his bumpy path to OU.

42 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Baker is to douchery as Steve Jobs is to technology. A visionary. A legend. 

Baker is to douchebaggery as VY was to making defenses pick their poison --- transcendent, a generational talent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Just generally speaking, in a vacuum, man, give me the kid from Miami (OH) or some other non-football school with a massive chip cock on in his  shoulder mouth since age 17 when scouts first starting ignoring him over the kid who has had a charmed existence* and went to a football powerhouse. It's not like USC, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc. has some awesome track record of producing NFL standouts. Lotta Matt Leinhart's.

Fif username

God I hate this douchebag.  Runs his mouth more than anything on the field.  I wish they played the Chiefs this year so Mahomes can school him on what a top level QB is.  But it looks like Brady will do that as well as some others this season.

Question is.  Who do you root for when the Cardinals play the Browns?  Dbag QB's on both sides, but I despite him being a shitty head coach I like Kliff.  So I will root for the defense on both teams to break some legs.

On 8/21/2019 at 1:41 PM, aggie08 said:

Just generally speaking, in a vacuum, man, give me the kid from Miami (OH) or some other non-football school with a massive chip on his shoulder since age 17 when scouts first starting ignoring him over the kid who has had a charmed existence* and went to a football powerhouse. It's not like USC, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc. has some awesome track record of producing NFL standouts. Lotta Matt Leinhart's.

One of the most annoying things about the Baker Mayfield mythology is this fucking "two-time walk-on" bullshit.

He wasn't a *real* walk-on in the way that, say, Taylor Cornellius was at OSU.

He had scholarship offers out of high school, he just didn't want to go to those places so he CHOSE to walk-on at Tech.

When he left Tech, again, he CHOSE to walk on at OU. There were probably 100 FBS programs that would have gladly given him a scholarship after his freshman year there.

"I was a walk-on that nobody wanted and I overcame..."

BULLSHIT, you self-aggrandizing douche nozzle.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

One of the most annoying things about the Baker Mayfield mythology is this fucking "two-time walk-on" bullshit.

He wasn't a *real* walk-on in the way that, say, Taylor Cornellius was at OSU.

He had scholarship offers out of high school, he just didn't want to go to those places so he CHOSE to walk-on at Tech.

When he left Tech, again, he CHOSE to walk on at OU. There were probably 100 FBS programs that would have gladly given him a scholarship after his freshman year there.

"I was a walk-on that nobody wanted and I overcame..."

BULLSHIT, you self-aggrandizing douche nozzle.

Yep, like the Tim Tebow commercial where he talks about being doubted and overcoming. Fuck, you were a top tier recruit and slobbed by the media from day 1. Fuck off with our imagined obstacles. 

• Like 2

On 8/21/2019 at 10:01 AM, ChiTownDoc said:

Man, you’re right.  Nothing good ever comes to assholes.  

I think he’s earning all that shit flying his way but acting like bad actors don’t reap rewards, especially in sports is fucking hilarious.  No CR, bro.  

ISWYDT

Edited by mulletpelini

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just checked the box score. 20/27 250 and  a td. Mariotta has much worse numbers. 

His last drive was good. But at the end of the 2nd quarter he took a safety and another ugly sack. They were tossing him around like a piece of meat. 

15 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm convinced the Browns don't want to win, they just want a clown show to sell tickets. See Johnny Manziel. No one thought he could play in the NFL, yet here come the Browns. Mayfield, we'll see, but I don't think he'll be anything more than just ok. 

I think you’re giving Browns management too much credit. 

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread