Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

10 minutes ago, jinx said:

What isn't attractive about signing a guaranteed 2 or 3 year contract and only working one?  Gotta think Yurcich and Ash are pretty good right now.

Gotta believe a reduced buyout on the $3.4mill still owed Yurcich was accomplished so he could take the Penn State OC job.

Only 1yr left at $800k owed Ash...

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

At this point, why not just keep Ash for another year. I think he'd do well but if he doesn't you just replace him next year when Boom is ready to coach again or someone like Odom is open to moving on. Defense got a lot better throughout the year which makes sense given no real offseason

So fucking tired of us just saying, welp let's just roll with it this year and see if it works, if not, we'll replace them. Meanwhile ou wins another conference championship. Hire the best possible now and quit fucking around.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Ahead of posting, one good rule of thumb we should all follow is asking ourselves, "Is this just word soup in my head focused on my own feelings that no one else gives a shit about, or do I really have something that needs to be typed out and posted, at length, on a board with a bunch of anonymous other posters who quite often don't give one fuck about how anyone else 'feels'."

James Joyce wants to have a word with you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Did you notice his stand in parts his hair on the opposite side?

A very keen eye for someone so... experienced as yourself. 😉 But the idea of the stand in is not to be a mirror image of the person they are standing in for either. Chevy Chase's stand in is also in the shot but wearing different clothes than Chase is in that scene. That movie and how it got made is a pretty interesting story. I know an acquaintance that was in it. Now back to our new coach and staff!! 🤘 

29 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Nahlin keeps shitting on Milwee's recruiting chops, when the only point of reference is his time at Akron, as if Nahlin was somehow intimately involved with the Zips program. He wasn't, and here's a newsflash for you....recruiting to Akron is a bit tougher than recruiting to Texas.

Is it?  They must have a hell of a budget, I hear those Zips Recruiter ads on the radio all the time.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Re Milwee, how do you judge someone's recruiting at Akron?  Or Toledo?  You're likely getting sloppy fifths after the Big ten cleans up.  Let's be honest, Milwee looks like an introverted dweeb herego, lazy journalists and surly mouth breathers say "he's really intelligent, studies a lot, but not much of a recruiter."

I mean, based on his haircut alone I would guess he isn't a good recruiter.  Maybe I should start a 9.95 site too.

Moneywhipping (aka overpaying) has often not worked because it has only been employed by a desperate, shitty HC entering what is certain to be his last year before being fired.  I don't think we've tried it year 1 because our last two coaches brought along buddies who would be happy to be paid in Little Debbies.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

I won’t be back in Austin until Friday am, as my oldest wants to check out The Castilian for housing this Fall (<damn right it’s “humblebrag”, I’m damn proud of her (no pics!) as she made it in to McCombs)/ Anyway unless they take the scenic route, I’ll miss them by about 84 hours...Next Man Up! 

You sure you want to see where she's gonna be getting railed?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Nahlin said as much a couple days ago when posters were trying to decipher his 'code' - f they knew who the hire was they would let the site know - even if they didn't 'report' it.  But they don't.

I mean - if the hire hasn't been made and Sark is still interviewing guys - what should the sites be reporting? 

Nahlin just has a bit of a Tom Herman problem. He is an unlikeable asshole, so when looks like a fool, people (myself included) are ready for the dog pile. 

10 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Bandera?

Never thought I'd see that come up on Surly, I'm from there lol. For many years I spent way to much fucking time telling people where bandera was located when they asked where I was from but it's much more popular now. In hindsight I should have just said san antonio but I'm a mean stubborn bastard....even surly one could say. 

• Like 1

Was scanning flights in and out of Columbia, SC for shits and gigs and stumbled across Lou Holtz's plane. Not suggesting it's involved in our coaching search, just funny that of the many, many planes I've looked into is the first one that is directly tied to an actual "coach" and it's Lou fucking Holtz. And apparently he (or his lawyers) don't give a shit if people know it's his because they certainly don't do much to hide it like most (didn't take much digging to confirm). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Never thought I'd see that come up on Surly, I'm from there lol.

It's famous here for never having Longhorn game coverage back in the ... 90's?

It was always excluded and pretty much the only place in Texas that was.

It became a running joke.

Edited by DoobieWah
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Ahead of posting, one good rule of thumb we should all follow is asking ourselves, "Is this just word soup in my head focused on my own feelings that no one else gives a shit about, or do I really have something that needs to be typed out and posted, at length, on a board with a bunch of anonymous other posters who quite often don't give one fuck about how anyone else 'feels'."

you must be new here...

Got a super secret text. You heard it here first. Our next DC is Nick Saban. He has grown tired of head coaching and wants a step down in job requirements. He may only give us a couple of years and he hasn't been a DC in a long, long time. But, I think he is pretty capable.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Got a super secret text. You heard it here first. Our next DC is Nick Saban. He has grown tired of head coaching and wants a step down in job requirements. He may only give us a couple of years and he hasn't been a DC in a long, long time. But, I think he is pretty capable.

gif

10 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Never thought I'd see that come up on Surly, I'm from there lol. For many years I spent way to much fucking time telling people where bandera was located when they asked where I was from but it's much more popular now. In hindsight I should have just said san antonio but I'm a mean stubborn bastard....even surly one could say. 

I'd much rather be from Bandera than SA. Even with all the oak wilt.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I heard his wife is looking for houses.  Someone should page in at ABIA

(now that we go that out of the way)

21 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Was scanning flights in and out of Columbia, SC for shits and gigs and stumbled across Lou Holtz's plane. Not suggesting it's involved in our coaching search, just funny that of the many, many planes I've looked into is the first one that is directly tied to an actual "coach" and it's Lou fucking Holtz. And apparently he (or his lawyers) don't give a shit if people know it's his because they certainly don't do much to hide it like most (didn't take much digging to confirm). 

175242105_tenor(87).gif.75049c8be054ad684901ac386ad52417.gif

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Ok separate thread started for the press conference for later today . . .

Good!  We all know how important it will be to break down every word to parse it for future national championships.  Can't clutter up this thread with that info.

Anwar's first update in about 20 hours

"We've reached the point where the names from last week are doing job interviews elsewhere. It feels like the most obvious answers at this point are the names that aren't it."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1