Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

mind sharing a link to these stats? not questioning you but want to add it to my bookmarks (seriously) now that SP+ underlying metrics are gone

I have reservations on Line stats that Football outsiders use. They are unadjusted. They also dont factor in the RB, which is pretty impossible to do in college. Sack rate is another that the QB is a huge factor, I would say a bigger factor

8 minutes ago, Amos Moses said:

In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary - come again?

9 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

Ice Cube Wtf GIF

14 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Sure that’s what it is 😁

16 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Ummmmm

26 minutes ago, TexasIsBetter said:

image.gif.16c2e38b1d7d91a9e771516d21325be3.gif

40 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

mood GIF

Say you didn’t obsessively read the Ewers thread without saying you didn’t obsessively read the Ewers thread

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The obligatory Fuck the Brocks response.  Based on this incoming OL class, I don’t know if we would even take them as a portal option after 2022. I would be shocked if either play next year too.  I don’t know why this makes me so warm and fuzzy inside but it just does. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

The obligatory Fuck the Brocks response.  Based on this incoming OL class, I don’t know if we would even take them as a portal option after 2022. I would be shocked if either play next year too.  I don’t know why this makes me so warm and fuzzy inside but it just does. 

Confused Britney Spears GIF

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Getafix said:

Nice note from the Ag/247 board, from one of Neto's friends.

image.thumb.png.07e06ab3cd9216679d0a410e7271538c.png

I wonder if he is the recruit that my daughter saw in McCombs getting a tour from the Dean and CDC. If so, then no one reported about the visit. And it would make sense about his turning down the in home from Flood and going to Baylor.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, 6th Street said:

2001 - the original class of beef

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2001-Football/Commits/

Jonathan Scott

Will Allen

Will Winston 

Mike Garcia

Terrance Young

Roman Reeves

On paper, this is a much better class. Add to that, the fact that the Longhorns biggest needs were in the trenches, and this is a phenomenal class. Add Campbell and Agbo and it may be one of the best Oline hauls ever.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I wonder if he is the recruit that my daughter saw in McCombs getting a tour from the Dean and CDC. If so, then no one reported about the visit. And it would make sense about his turning down the in home from Flood and going to Baylor.

This is the kinda hardhitting insider shit I can't get anywhere else, though I'm somewhat disappointed that a surly didn't teach his daughter how to hide in a bush and take pics.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Jonathan Scott

Will Allen

Will Winston 

Mike Garcia

Terrance Young

Roman Reeves

The 2001 class had three 1st round draft picks (Cedric Benson, Derrick Johnson and Michael Huff)

Not too shabby. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From Justin (IT):

Talks with ‘22 Little Elm CB, On3 five-star Terrance Brooks and Texas continue to heat up.

The On3 No. 18 overall prospect for 2022 and Ohio State commit are talking with UT each day, and now Texas’ commits are reaching out. The interest is real.

We’re watching the numbers here closely, but with less than 24 hours until NSD, we’re monitoring this more one closely.

Oh yes, please. Addresses one of the last remaining holes in this class.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

The 2001 class had three 1st round draft picks (Cedric Benson, Derrick Johnson and Michael Huff)

Not too shabby. 

And none from that line.  That line saw so many "meh" players or guys that really never saw the field.  Also had some heft on the DL.  Everyone remember "big yummy"?  Marco Martin.  Dude got thick and ate himself out of a job.  Didn't he later get arrested for some petty crap?  Larceny or burglary?

27 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

As long as every time they see their dad, they remind him, "This is your fault, old man."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Everyone remember "big yummy"?  Marco Martin.  Dude got thick and ate himself out of a job.  Didn't he later get arrested for some petty crap?  Larceny or burglary?

I recall Marco Martin suffered a bad knee injury during his senior year due to a pretty shitty cheap shot by an opposing player.  Maybe he also ate himself out of a job, but I don't think he was the same player after that injury.  I also don't remember him getting in trouble with the law, but I may be wrong on that.

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Tree Fidy said:

Well, it’s obvious several posters have wandered over from the football board. Welcome, and maybe read and catch up? Then, and only then will you be able to understand the inside jokes and sarcasm. Come on people, be better!

You must reference @BERT for it to be an inside joke and no sarcasm meter is strong enough to allow anyone to say chicken fried steak is chicken without calling them stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

Nothing new but Fong expectations 

Spoiler

The respective uncles of five-star linebacker Harold Perkins in Alvin Walton and five-star offensive lineman Devon Campbell (DJ) also named Devon Campbell tell 247Sports there will be no signatures during the Early Signing Period.

Perkins uncle added that everything is still even between Texas, Texas A&M and LSU for his nephew while Campbell’s uncle says his nephew is still at the “drawing board.”

I have yet to log a pick for Perkins (I certainly see the A&M smoke) but I have in favor of the Longhorns for Campbell as Steve Sarkisian put the finishing touches on what’s looking like the best offensive line haul in the country (I’ve never written those words about Texas in my career). Easy to love what the Longhorns are doing at the point of attack on both sides of the ball this cycle.

Texas is also considered the favorite for four-star offensive tackle Malik Agbo who will make a decision on Wednesday too.

I go into the day with four 247Sports Crystal Ball Forecasts in favor of Texas A&M in five-star cornerback Denver Harris, Top247 edge rusher Enai White, Top247’s offensive lineman Kam Dewberry and Top247 five-star Anthony Lucas.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Alabama landed Kendrick Law on Friday as well with Florida State, Texas and LSU the other contenders. Law could play cornerback or receiver on the next level.

We haven't even gotten to Top247 offensive lineman Earnest Greene (battling Georgia) and Khurtiss Perry (battling Auburn) who could easily end up in the class as well.

However there is still a lot of smoke Texas can flip Top247 cornerback Terrance Brooks from Ohio State.

LSU is looking good for Top247 defensive lineman Quency Wiggins, defensive back Jordan Allen and receiver Landen Ibieta.

I think Xavion Brice is leaning towards Texas. A source said the Oklahoma commit’s best visit was to Austin down the stretch. I also like the Longhorns for Savion Red.

If Texas is pushing I think they’ll sign four-star running back Terrance Gibbs who visited over the weekend.

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I recall Marco Martin suffered a bad knee injury during his senior year due to a pretty shitty cheap shot by an opposing player.  Maybe he also ate himself out of a job, but I don't think he was the same player after that injury.  I also don't remember him getting in trouble with the law, but I may be wrong on that.

Didn’t he get arrested for diddling a kid or some shit?

21 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Jonathan Scott

Will Allen

Will Winston 

Mike Garcia

Terrance Young

Roman Reeves

Hmmm for some reason I remember the original Class of Beef term being applied to a class recruited by Mackovic.

• Drool 1

if you are a top 25ish overall prospect you should 100% just sign financial aid paperwork and not your NLI.

if you are the #2 overall prospect in the country you should not even think about an NLI

let's use Perkins here - if he decides to go to any of his top spots they are going to make a spot for you. same for Nolan at A&M.

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Would finishing with Red, Stewart, Campbell, Agbo, Perkins, Harris, and Brooks give us the #1 class in the country?

Probably not. If they pulled some guys like Mims out of the portal then maybe in the portal+high school combined rankings.

5 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Didn’t he get arrested for diddling a kid or some shit?

So he was. 

Marco Martin, 23, a key defensive starter on the 2001 Mesquite Skeeters’ undefeated state championship football team, was arrested Aug. 10 by Dallas police on a charge of aggravated sexual assault with a minor.

The alleged crime occurred March 25, 1999, when the child, then 12 years old, was in foster care.

Link

• Rage+1 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting