Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

8 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I think we’ll be surprised by how good our wide receivers are when targeted by competent quarterback

I think you need to re-watch the Baylor and WVU drop-fests again. The farther we get from last season, the more people sugarcoat our deficiencies.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
15 minutes ago, kevwun said:
safari work better for viewing this site on a mobile anyway.  The only advantage tapa has is letting you post pics easily from your phone.

Also allows you to house multiple sites/forums in a single depository. This is why I like tapa.

To each their own, I guess, but tapa is super simple compared to a browser, which is the plus for me. Now, the app-style browser based version of the board isn't too bad at all, and I'd use it more if it was an actual app and I didn't have to find the link.

1 minute ago, TexEx15 said:

it's unfortunate.

left a ton of NIL money on the table i'm sure. the odds of Deion coaching there until he graduates is basically zero (remember he publicly campaigned for the TCU job) and the odds of him turning into a 1st rd pick from there are very, very, very low based on everything we know about history.

maybe he is Ed Oliver, but Houston != Jackson State.

good luck to him

1 minute ago, NoName said:

it's unfortunate.

left a ton of NIL money on the table i'm sure. the odds of Deion coaching there until he graduates is basically zero (remember he publicly campaigned for the TCU job) and the odds of him turning into a 1st rd pick from there are very, very, very low based on everything we know about history.

good luck to him

If Deion leaves, so can he. Transfer portal changes the game.

• Hook 'Em 2

it's unfortunate.

good luck to him

He'll follow Deion to Florida St next year after Norvell is fired and Deion is hired.  Will cost the kid nothing.

it's unfortunate.

good luck to him

But the portal allows players to take those risks with limited consequences. He can bounce to a P5 school if Deion leaves or he's not happy with his NIL opportunities. Guessing he was compensated pretty well for today's decision. I assume the same will be true in 1-2 years when he hits the open market again. 

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

it's unfortunate.

good luck to him

One free transfer, without having to sit out a year ... 

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

it's unfortunate.

good luck to him

Not like he has to stay when Deion leaves.

• Like 1

Just passing along and take this FWIW. Very second hand from a friend of Devon Campbell… but I work with someone who has a kid on the basketball team at Bowie. His son says that he feels like Devon would go to USC before OU but that Texas has always been the clear destination. Said Devon was MVP of their last basketball tournament in Cedar Hill. Said he’s a good kid and works harder than anybody else despite his notoriety. 

• Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

it's unfortunate.

good luck to him

To be fair this is more of a commitment to Prime than JSU and, given the new transfer rules, he could follow Deion to his next coaching destination without having to sit out. 

Also, drunk-angry watched a JSU game on the latenight after the Kansas debacle, and Deion's son (the JSU QB) looks pretty legit. 

Edit: Posts are lagging like crazy and my take has already been posted many times. It's 10:54 a.m. CST and OU still sucks.

Edited by derpyhorndog

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

it's unfortunate.

good luck to him

If Deion leaves, he'll just follow him

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

NIL with Barstool has been the rumor... Deion told people to be ready yesterday

i can say with 100% certainty i didn't have Barstool offering a huge NIL to get a black player to a HBCU anywhere on my bingo card

think about how angry most of their viewers are going to be once this becomes official lol

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting