Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, runthebone said:

That seems like a contest where the coin flip is pretty important.

Notice the 1 under the little guy, and then the 1 appears under the larger, ham-handed man after contact. So little dude went first. 

that might be a 1-16 matchup there. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Y’all know this is common and that even the NFL has dedicated LS on the roster, right?

Yea they don’t draft them though….  Longhorn Network guys were laughing about that, most schools don’t use scholarships on them either.  You can train anyone competent in college to do that, but Sark got us here today so I guess I’ll trust his plan.  

Edited by Hook1997

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Everyone is reading the Campbell OU vs Texas on Feb 3rd as great news, but I see it as the opposite. Bedenbaugh staying at OU, combined with Texas taking so many highly rated OL might have caused Campbell to reconsider OU as a top priority. I know he was locked into Texas for a long time, but he was originally planning to sign early and announce in January so this change really doesn’t make sense. 

I never get the argument that guys with this kind of talent are worried about competition but yet want to make it to the NFL. If it is really true then they are to stupid and frail to play at a top flight program of any sort.

Mike at Night: The job isn't done

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Mike at Night: The job isn't done

Mike Roach

— There isn't a ton new with Evan Stewart at the moment. The longer he waits the more rumors will take on a life of their own. For instance, someone asked me today if I heard that Evan was leaving toward Jackson State. I'm not sure what the validity is to that rumor, but maybe if he gets the same NIL deal Travis Hunter got, anything is possible. Texas will work until the ink is dry to flip him. I wish I had some more information for you, but Evan is silent once again and most things coming out are conjecture.

— There remains some buzz with Texas and Kendrick Law. I'm working to find out if Texas was willing to take Armani Winfield or not and if they weren't, is that because something else is shaking at receiver. I've said several times that intel is Law prefers to play on the offensive side of the ball. Texas can give him that opportunity while others might like him on the defensive side of the ball. I talked to some people here who feel the recruitment isn't dead for Texas and could unfold on Friday.

— Denver Harris will make his decision known on Saturday after the 6A-DI state title game. That leaves more time for leaks this week and rumors will surely take off there as well. There's a feeling Texas pushed back today and I'm interested in what else comes out once the noise of signing day quiets.

— Devon Campbell released a Top 2 and is down to Texas and Oklahoma. The Sooners could receive another official visit now that Brent Venables is in place. I still think Texas sits in the top position, but it will be a wild ride until February. Kyle Flood will be able to dial in his focus on Campbell over the next two months and the commits in the class have been all over him. This offensive line class is pretty strong at the moment, but Campbell would be the ultimate cherry on top.

— Don't worry about the numbers. The staff is aware of everything and working to get fit as many players in as possible. I don't want to speak for him, but Jeff got some clarity on the numbers today. The bottom line is, they won't stop hunting big game.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Yea they don’t draft them though….  Longhorn Network guys were laughing about that, most schools don’t use scholarships on them either.  You can train anyone competent in college to do that, but Sark got us here today so I guess I’ll trust his plan.  

8 have been drafted in the last 7 years…and as high as the 5th round (most of them in the 6th).

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

[spoiler]BREAKING!

Evan Stewart has just signed his LOI to Deion at Jackson State.

hah[/spoiler]

8 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Someone here is going to see this, and believe it

21 minutes ago, Getafix said:

image.png.e3f3cfa06de8413e11fea81bcc12e000.png

Fack,,, Mo is right, I should have made my poor joke a little more obvious.
I figured the "Ha" at the end was good enough.  Guess not.  sheesh

edit:  added spoiler 

edit 2:  fuck, that didn't work

Edited by ATXbronco
  • Haha 1

In the category of interesting CFB trivia...As you may know Jay Norvell left UN Reno a couple weeks ago to become the head coach at CSU. Today he announced the signing of 4 2022 flips from his old school along with 8 UNR transfers. We'll see if Deion can beat that mark in a couple years.

1 hour ago, Gidnik said:

i wonder what i t would take to get Carrington back on the 40 as possibly the RB coach? be nice to have him as an ace recruiter.  he might have been the best weve ever had. 

After seeing what well coached RBs look like I'm not interested in burning any position group's on field performance just to get someone that is a supposed rainmaker.  My feeling is that with NIL now, if we perform on the field (i.e. good coaching) we don't have to make that sacrifice for recruiting.  With those advantages, we can get most any recruits we want as long as our coaches aren't total dicks (i.e. Herman and MEH).

Finally watched the presser. FCB is right there with the AAS regards with absolutely worthless questions. Can we just pull his credentials already. He is breathing perfectly good air that he doesnt deserve.

Also, one thing i am not worried about? Numbers. Fuck the numbers. Stunt on these hoes

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting