Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Just now, tokamak said:

Pass me some of whatever the fuck Wells is smoking.

Texas lock -> 50/50 -> pushing back commitment date

The trend is always the most important thing in recruiting. Is that a good trend?

If he was going to pick Baylor, then him delaying the decision probably helps 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

With Hayes Fawcett joining On3 the next few months we should keep an eye on ITs predictions. If they are suddenly more bleak than usual then this will be a long cycle.

you would think they would have gotten a heads up last week..  

30 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The longer we sit on our ass the further we fall behind.

Eh I don’t buy this.  The NIL gap can be closed very quickly.  There is no brand loyalty on this for unsigned players.  CDC dropped the ball, or didn’t even see the ball, but he can recover.  

The reason it is good news is because if he committed now it would be Baylor. It’s not good news either way, it is better for us in the long run. But again, how does a perceived lock go to potentially committing to another school in a month. What is the staff going to do now that they didn’t do a month ago to get him in a lock position. 

16 hours ago, utexas8 said:

Hahaha six figures for an iPad sketch. Oregon / Phil Knight suspicions confirmed. College football is about to be such a train wreck.

Also, his "first collaboration with Phil Knight." Can't wait to see what's next!

One thing I rarely see brought up in the "we just need to start cheating" sentiments that I actually agree with but just keep in mind we seem to have some kind of agreement with the land thieves and so they would start cheating too and historically rampant cheating really works out for them

From Suchomel:

For most of his recruitment, the focus for defensive lineman Aaron Bryant has been focused on SEC schools, with programs like Georgia and Ole Miss receiving the most buzz. Coming out of his June official visits, there is one SEC school that still sits high on Bryant’s list, but it’s a Big 12 school that has made its way into the Southaven (MS) standout’s top two.

In the last two weekends of the month of June, Bryant took official visits to Texas A&M and Texas, and those two schools currently sit atop his list.

“Texas is right at the top. Honestly, the two schools I’m considering the most are Texas and Texas A&M. It’s going to be a Texas battle at the end of the day. That’s what I feel,” Bryant said. “It’s the scheme fit, the people there. It’s the need they have, the way I feel like I fit in the room with the guys and the way I fit into the schemes.”

Following his Texas official visit, Bryant told Orangebloods.com that a number of factors piqued his interest, including the city of Austin and getting to know defensive line coach Bo Davis.

“Something that really stood out for me, we talked a lot of football. That was really important for me. Getting to know coach Davis was really cool, getting to know him better,” Bryant said. “And just getting to see everything, see how beautiful Austin is, that really stood out to me.”

At 6-4 and 295 pounds, Bryant is considered a pure defensive tackle prospect, but under new Texas defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski, the Longhorns’ expect versatility out of their d-linemen and the coaches told Bryant he fits that bill perfectly.

“They feel like I can play a lot of positions on their defensive line and that’s important to what they’re trying to do. I really like the fit as far as the scheme goes,” Bryant said. “They run a 4-man front and it’s an attacking style. I feel like I’m a penetrating type of defensive tackle, so that’s very important to me. I really liked that part of it.”

In getting to know Davis better, Bryant said their talks weren’t really about Xs and Os. The conversations more centered on Davis’ experience in coaching players, both in college and in the NFL. Davis’ resume certainly caught Bryant’s attention.

“Coach Davis, we didn’t talk about the scheme a whole lot. He said what’s really going to be important is development. He said the scheme is always going to be the scheme. We didn’t talk about Texas a whole lot,” Bryant said. “It was more him talking about me and how he was going to develop me. That really stood out to me.

“I feel like coach Davis is definitely one of the best guys in the sport. It would be an honor to play for him. He’s put a lot of guys into the NFL. He seems like my type of guy as a coach. I’d love to play for a coach like him.”

Bryant holds close to 25 scholarship offers. He doesn’t have a firm date for a commitment, but said he’d like to come to a decision in the near future if things feel right.

“It’s going to be a really hard decision. It’s time for me to take a step back, pray about it, think about it and hopefully come to a decision soon,” Bryant said. “I don’t really have a timeline, it’s just whenever I know. When I know, I’ll make a decision.”

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Aaron-Bryant-144619/RecruitInterests/

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Barbacoa said:

From Suchomel:

For most of his recruitment, the focus for defensive lineman Aaron Bryant has been focused on SEC schools, with programs like Georgia and Ole Miss receiving the most buzz. Coming out of his June official visits, there is one SEC school that still sits high on Bryant’s list, but it’s a Big 12 school that has made its way into the Southaven (MS) standout’s top two.

In the last two weekends of the month of June, Bryant took official visits to Texas A&M and Texas, and those two schools currently sit atop his list.

“Texas is right at the top. Honestly, the two schools I’m considering the most are Texas and Texas A&M. It’s going to be a Texas battle at the end of the day. That’s what I feel,” Bryant said. “It’s the scheme fit, the people there. It’s the need they have, the way I feel like I fit in the room with the guys and the way I fit into the schemes.”

Following his Texas official visit, Bryant told Orangebloods.com that a number of factors piqued his interest, including the city of Austin and getting to know defensive line coach Bo Davis.

“Something that really stood out for me, we talked a lot of football. That was really important for me. Getting to know coach Davis was really cool, getting to know him better,” Bryant said. “And just getting to see everything, see how beautiful Austin is, that really stood out to me.”

At 6-4 and 295 pounds, Bryant is considered a pure defensive tackle prospect, but under new Texas defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski, the Longhorns’ expect versatility out of their d-linemen and the coaches told Bryant he fits that bill perfectly.

“They feel like I can play a lot of positions on their defensive line and that’s important to what they’re trying to do. I really like the fit as far as the scheme goes,” Bryant said. “They run a 4-man front and it’s an attacking style. I feel like I’m a penetrating type of defensive tackle, so that’s very important to me. I really liked that part of it.”

In getting to know Davis better, Bryant said their talks weren’t really about Xs and Os. The conversations more centered on Davis’ experience in coaching players, both in college and in the NFL. Davis’ resume certainly caught Bryant’s attention.

“Coach Davis, we didn’t talk about the scheme a whole lot. He said what’s really going to be important is development. He said the scheme is always going to be the scheme. We didn’t talk about Texas a whole lot,” Bryant said. “It was more him talking about me and how he was going to develop me. That really stood out to me.

“I feel like coach Davis is definitely one of the best guys in the sport. It would be an honor to play for him. He’s put a lot of guys into the NFL. He seems like my type of guy as a coach. I’d love to play for a coach like him.”

Bryant holds close to 25 scholarship offers. He doesn’t have a firm date for a commitment, but said he’d like to come to a decision in the near future if things feel right.

“It’s going to be a really hard decision. It’s time for me to take a step back, pray about it, think about it and hopefully come to a decision soon,” Bryant said. “I don’t really have a timeline, it’s just whenever I know. When I know, I’ll make a decision.”

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Aaron-Bryant-144619/RecruitInterests/

https://247sports.com/player/aaron-bryant-46113285/

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Barbacoa said:

Kid has an offer from the entire SEC West, is from Mississippi, and is down to us and aggy. Seems like a very unique situation. 

what a weird situation all the way around with his offer list to only be a 3* and composite #10 in the state?

14 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Kid has an offer from the entire SEC West, is from Mississippi, and is down to us and aggy. Seems like a very unique situation. 

I bet there are a bunch of posters on the SEC West boards hand wringing about the need to open up the bag man system! 😉

13 minutes ago, NoName said:

what a weird situation all the way around with his offer list to only be a 3* and composite #10 in the state?

A lot of rankings are wildly off right now due to Covid. There’s a lot of guys who underrated because services haven’t bags the same access they usually do.

And also because a third of the composite is Rivals and they’re god awful. 

22 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

A lot of rankings are wildly off right now due to Covid. There’s a lot of guys who underrated because services haven’t bags the same access they usually do.

I didn't follow On3 much but are they going to be providing their own rankings that could be added to the Composite?

4 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Just because other schools are first out of the gate doesn't mean Texas can't or doesn't want to compete. Texas has a larger fanbase, more BMDs, and a bigger media market than anybody else out there. 

It's entirely possible other individual donors might be willing to become a loss leader and commit millions( think Phil Knight, T Boone Pickens, etc.), but I imagine if somebody buttered up McCombs or whomever, we'll have no problem matching. Hell, somebody just needs to tell the PE firm that financed the Moody Center that their rate of return on the basketball arena will be 3 times faster if they invest an extra million in Keyonte George and 2 buddies. What's the difference when you are already $200+ million invested. Unless we think the PE firm has morals about NIL sponsorships. 

Straight-up bullshit.  

56 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Bryant's lowest ranking is on 247 at an 87 (mid-ish 3*).  He's in the ESPN 300 and 5.7 on Rivals (highest 3* ranking).  Still underrated thought.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting