2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

2 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Not here to defend Casey, but that can't be right. Had multiple throws against OU that would have qualified

God fucking damnit motherfucker. I've been happily lurking on this board for few minutes this morning but your disgusting fucking verbal flatulence about "but but but not here to defend him but but :(" have forced me to copy and paste Mr. ShrimpyCarton's first post. My friend played with this chatch so yada yada yada yada

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

God fucking damnit motherfucker. I've been happily lurking on this board for few minutes this morning but your disgusting fucking verbal flatulence about "but but but not here to defend him but but :(" have forced me to copy and paste Mr. ShrimpyCarton's first post. My friend played with this chatch so yada yada yada yada

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Tech was game 4, OU was game 6

13 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I believe he’s saying those were Casey’s stats through the Tech game. He logged the passes for the season up to that point after the game.

I guess that's my bad, but I'll maintain the post I replied to reads like he started charting passes from the Tech game going forward. Mea culpa

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Mr Shrimp Unlimited said:

God fucking damnit motherfucker. I've been happily lurking on this board for years but your disgusting fucking verbal flatulence about "but but but he's winner and he hurt his thumb :(" have forced me to create an account and respond. My friend played with this chatch so I can confidently inform you that he's a bitch who spends more time whingeing about bullshit than he does watching film, which since you're such a Casey apologist, you probably think is somewhere North of 16 hours a day. Dumbass. 

Basically all this fucking guy did was tweet some woe-is-me bullshit about his thumb anytime he sucked ass which was anytime he played a defense that wasn't more limp than your tiny dong. "look at his thumb that's a bruise" yeah that was also from when the injury happened and then they tweeted it 5 weeks later after he looked more inert than my dumbass nephew's flag football league qb. 

Dude frolicked around belmont like he was the second coming but couldn't complete a 6 yard out route. Do something productive with your time instead of flapping your jowls and bloviating about Texas football's equivalent of terminal prostate cancer last season. Jesus. 

@JFKFC probably

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Not to belabor the point, but after the Tech game I charted all of Casey’s deep balls (20+ air yards past the LOS). Not knowing at the time that would be his best stretch of the season. 

1/10, 23 yards, TD, 2 INT, 1 PI

(stats don’t include: 1 blatant missed PI; 1 play where Marcus Washington fell down with the ball in the air; and 1 ~25 yard fluke completion where he horribly overthrow his intended receiver, who was ~15 yards downfield) 

this is TTU through the end of the year, right?

this was game 1 through TTU evidently, sorry.

Edited by NoName

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby:

Texas continues to monitor Pitt transfer receiver Jordan Addison, the 2021 Biletnikoff winner who entered the NCAA transfer portal over the weekend.

Alabama has emerged as a primary threat to USC because of Addison’s burgeoning relationship with Bama QB Bryce Young. The two worked out together the past couple of days while Addison is in Southern California, where Young is initially from.

But USC remains the heavy favorite.

USC quarterback Caleb Williams has allegedly been recruiting Addison for “weeks if not months”, according to a person familiar with the situation, prior to Addison’s entrance to the portal.

Note: It is not illegal for players to recruit other players, either high school or college. However, never before have the stakes of NIL been at play simultaneously. When we say it’s a new frontier, this is part of that horizon.

Texas is considered a dark horse. But one willing to put its hat in the ring if given a real opportunity, which is still uncertain because Addison is focused primarily on Bama and USC.

At this stage, as one person told me, I’d give Texas no more than a “5 percent shot” with Addison. So we are monitoring the situation and will update you accordingly if, or as, things develop.

Texas receivers coach Brennan Marion of course coached Addison at Pitt a year ago.

No Texas player, coach, collective or third party lured Addison to the portal. However, Texas has been in contact since.

I mention that Texas did not tamper with Addison on purpose. Nor did Texas tamper with any other recruit prior to their entrance into the portal.

Some programs, via agents speaking not directly with players but family members in the case of both Xavier Worthy and Jahdae Barron, most assuredly did.

That’s right. It’s not illegal for the parents of players to talk to agents or emissaries of other schools at any time and that is what occurred with Worthy and Barron.

A reminder that Burton is a good business man but terrible writer. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

It might have been because Casey threw an Interception every 29 throws, which was the worst in the Big 12. The doesnt include fumbles.

7th in the Big 12 in QBR and the Big 12 was not exactly a great QB conference

Texas OL finished 12th in average OL yards with 3.06 and  13th with stuff rate, so that is an interesting take. Keep in mind the last 2 games saw the OL run for 412 yards (WV and OSU) and that is with absolute shit QB play. 

Casey won 4 games he started. In those wins Texas averaged 47.5 rushes for 311 yards and 21.5 passes for 194.75 yards. Those are not numbers of a QB that did not need a lot of help to win games. 

Defense was terrible and the biggest issue, but QB was the #1 problem on offense. As bad as the defense was vs Kansas, and it was shit, I dont think Texas loses that game if the QBs dont turn it over 4 times. 3 times in the first half that led to 21 Kansas pts

And the 4th TO was another awful Casey throw inside the KU RZ late in the 4Q. Even if Texas settles for an FG, we win the game in regulation. Going to be amazing when the QB gets rid of the ball on time and accurately, instead of holding the ball and throwing ducks.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I cannot tell if you are serious or if you just do not watch college football. 

Alright smart ass, other than young, who are the superstars? 

This Bama offense has no Jeudy, ruggs, Williamson,  Davonte Smith, waddle or any of the other 4-5 NFL Rb’s they have trotted out there year after year. Since you are the expert, explain to me who the playmakers are?

Throw in the fact their two returning leading pass catchers  transferred here, I’d say this Bama team is significantly lacking in star power vs what we’ve been used to. 

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

This Bama offense has no Jeudy, ruggs, Williamson,  Davonte Smith, waddle or any of the other 4-5 NFL Rb’s they have trotted out there year after year. Since you are the expert, explain to me who the playmakers are?

Throw in the fact their two returning leading pass catchers  transferred here, I’d say this Bama team is significantly lacking in star power vs what we’ve been used to. 

They have an NFL RB from the portal.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

And the 4th TO was another awful Casey throw inside the KU RZ late in the 4Q. Even if Texas settles for an FG, we win the game in regulation. Going to be amazing when the QB gets rid of the ball on time and accurately, instead of holding the ball and throwing ducks.

Quinn Ewers is the most important thing to happen to the program in a decade.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

That's the excuse Alabama will be using after we whomp'em on September 10th.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Quinn Ewers Kate Beckinsale is the most important thing to happen to the program in a decade.

FIFY South Austin's mom is the second most important thing. Ewers is way down the list.

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

Besides whoever they had on their roster, 

- Jahmyr Gibbs, #1 RB in the portal, transferred there

- Jermaine Burton, #3 WR in the portal (ahead of Neyor) - and Georgia's leading WR last year - transferred there

- Tyler Harrell, one of the fastest WRs in football (registered a 4.24 40; had close to 30 yards/catch last year) transferred there

- in their 22 class, they had at least 4 WRs who were rated in the overall Top 100 overall

- and now they're rumored to be pursuing Addison

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

Oh man you came really close to getting it.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Getafix said:

- Jermaine Burton, #3 WR in the portal (ahead of Neyor) - and Georgia's leading WR last year - transferred there

- Tyler Harrell, one of the fastest WRs in football (registered a 4.24 40; had close to 30 yards/catch last year) transferred there

- in their 22 class, they had at least 4 WRs who were rated in the overall Top 100 overall

Yeah, but other than the ones you listed, who have they got?  WHO.  HAVE.  THEY.  GOT?

• Haha 3

I became a Thompson fan after his bowl game performance. Had high hopes for him and was surprised he didn't beat out Card to win the starting job at the beginning of the season. Now reflecting back, it seems like luck had a lot to do with how he performed in the bowl game. His decision making was poor, mechanics were awful and he lacked the arm strength necessary to run a D1 offense. When he stopped running to save a down here and there, he became completely useless. Glad he is Nebraska's problem now. Watching Ewers throw some dimes made me realize what a good QB should look like. I am not too proud to admit I was wrong about Thompson.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Band name/ twitter or surly handle thatll never be used: caseys thumb

There was a British tribute band that had a similar name.

Stacy’s Mum

👀

PS- “Casey’s Deep Balls” would be a better name anyway. 

24 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Scott Hall Post GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, Getafix said:

You’ve nailed it. But I would like to add Jameson Williams had 154 yards the year before joining Bama. According to Vegas, Bama has the 2nd(Young), 4th(Gibbs) and 20th(Ja’Corey Brooks) most likely players to win the Heisman. All offensive. But I’m sure this dumbass @jdhorn92 knows more than Vegas. 

Edited by Irieguy
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Irieguy said:

You’ve nailed it. But I would like to add Jameson Williams had 154 yards the year before joining Bama. According to Vegas, Bama has the 2nd(Young), 4th(Gibbs) and 20th(Ja’Corey Brooks) most likely players to win the Heisman. All offensive. But I’m sure this dumbass @jdhorn92 knows more than Vegas. 

So Vegas has Gibbs at 4 and Brooks at 20? Really? VEGAS? 

But really, I don't know how many sketchy sites you opened until you found one that fit your narrarative. Hell, most sites have Ewers/Bijan well ahead of Gibbs and don't even list a line on Brooks. And who even gives a shit on odds a year out.

Not saying we will stomp them. I probably wouldn't even bet UT to cover this game. Who the fuck knows at this point.

But if your going to call someone a dumbass, at least don't look like one yourself.

And get off my fucking lawn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Jamaal.25 said:

So Vegas has Gibbs at 4 and Brooks at 20? Really? VEGAS? 

But really, I don't know how many sketchy sites you opened until you found one that fit your narrarative. Hell, most sites have Ewers/Bijan well ahead of Gibbs and don't even list a line on Brooks. And who even gives a shit on odds a year out.

Not saying we will stomp them. I probably wouldn't even bet UT to cover this game. Who the fuck knows at this point.

But if your going to call someone a dumbass, at least don't look like one yourself.

And get off my fucking lawn

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta. 

4 hours ago, Getafix said:

Counter point: Bill O'Brien.