2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Poster on 247 who attended a luncheon in San Antonio that Sarkisian spoke at. 

*I believe one of the WR's he's referencing is Hall since he isn't officially signed yet*

"Sark was the keynote speaker at a luncheon for the San Antonio Quarterback Club today at the San Antonio Country Club. We had the honor of listening to him speak for an hour. As he was addressing each position room, he said we are expecting 2 more additions to the WR room via the portal. He’s bullish on the young OT’s coming in and there’s a brand new NCAA rule that allows coaches on the field and to provide instruction during summer workouts which is going to be crutical for the young OT coming in. Sounds like he foresees two starting from the get go. Touched on the QB competition for a bit. I get the sense that Quinn is his guy. Most of the questions from the audience revolves around NIL and the transfer portal."

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Since it was at a luncheon at a country club, I’m assuming that poster is a boomer that gets his recruiting news from the newspaper and a 900 number. My guess is he misunderstand Sark and the two receivers are Neyor and Hall. 

Edited by tokamak
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tokamak said:

Since it was at a luncheon at a country club, I’m assuming that poster is a boomer that gets his recruiting news from the newspaper and an 800 number. My guess is he misunderstand Sark and the two receivers are Neyor and Hall. 

Might be the case. Just passing along what he said he heard 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Poster on 247 who attended a luncheon in San Antonio that Sarkisian spoke at. 

*I believe one of the WR's he's referencing is Hall since he isn't officially signed yet*

"Sark was the keynote speaker at a luncheon for the San Antonio Quarterback Club today at the San Antonio Country Club. We had the honor of listening to him speak for an hour. As he was addressing each position room, he said we are expecting 2 more additions to the WR room via the portal. He’s bullish on the young OT’s coming in and there’s a brand new NCAA rule that allows coaches on the field and to provide instruction during summer workouts which is going to be crutical for the young OT coming in. Sounds like he foresees two starting from the get go. Touched on the QB competition for a bit. I get the sense that Quinn is his guy. Most of the questions from the audience revolves around NIL and the transfer portal."

Addison confirmed? 

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Im guessing the ISU guy

In the event we don't get Addison - I hope we pick up Tarique Milton (the ISU WR).  Looks like a tough receiver who was also a standout returner and big play guy.  If we lose one of our top 3 it would be nice to have a Super-Senior who could step right in and take those snaps. 

2 hours ago, tokamak said:

Since it was at a luncheon at a country club, I’m assuming that poster is a boomer that gets his recruiting news from the newspaper and a 900 number. My guess is he misunderstand Sark and the two receivers are Neyor and Hall. 

Nah, Texas is bringing in another WR in addition to Neyor and Hall. They have 7 on campus and 2 of those guys are coming off injuries and another has played in 13 games in 3 seasons.

8 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

In the event we don't get Addison - I hope we pick up Tarique Milton (the ISU WR).  Looks like a tough receiver who was also a standout returner and big play guy.  If we lose one of our top 3 it would be nice to have a Super-Senior who could step right in and take those snaps. 

Jr year (2020) struggled due to injury.  Why was Milton not more productive in 2021 ?

REC YDS AVG TD LNG     YEAR        
15 278 18.5 3 68     2021        
15 102 6.8 0 42     2020        
35 722 20.6 3 73     2019        
34 417 12.3 1 60     2018        

42 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Jr year (2020) struggled due to injury.  Why was Milton not more productive in 2021 ?

15 102 6.8 0 42     2020        

because of Purdy? He declined his final 2 seasons as QB there too

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

15 102 6.8 0 42     2020        

I think someone said due to Breece Hall and having 3 legit TE’s. He was kinda odd man out, also with Purdy being trash.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

You have to be purposely tanking a program to be as bad as he was at evaluating that position

Hey, not all of it was bad evaluations, there was also unbelievably terrible coaching 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Jebus said:

Hey, not all of it was bad evaluations, there was also unbelievably terrible coaching 

Majority were just awful evals. Several of those guys didn't stand a chance from the moment they stepped on campus and shouldn't have even been recruited by Texas. Several others were awful mental evals, and then a few were just never developed despite having some skill.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1