Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Here are some excerpts from WarChant (now part of on On3 if you have an IT u/p. I pay for one for my dad and finally got his u/p to go over to WarChant today) regarding Ritz Bit and their thoughts on him. Sorry these aren't screenshots, but I'm not doing that from a laptop. Spoiler alert, btw, they really fucking hate the guy. There are multiple threads about him.

These are from the thread "Why is there still so much obsession with Jimbo Fisher" for which there are 50 replies:

"Vangeezy Today at 12:51 PM #14

Because some know who really destroyed the program. Hint...it wasn't WT, Candi nor any AD who wasn't responsible for the GOR signing."

"noles1996 Today at 12:53 PM #15

He is an easy man to hate, top that off with the fact he started our decline and was only our second head coach in decades. Luckily for us we had Bobby for so many years and haven't had to go through the carousel of head coaches. He will be a coach that is talked about for a very long time."

"BobbyL Today at 1:12 PM #26

If you do not see what Jimbo did to the FSU football program before he left, you’ll never get it."

"ShoeCatcher Today at 1:55 PM #38

I think it's partly due to the way he disrespected FSU on the way out. But more than that, it's due to the continuation of an argument that has taken years to finally resolve. And it has been resolved, at least among reasoning people: For years on the Noles message boards, when some of us recognized and pointed out the same Fisher deficiencies which aTm and the media have finally become very aware of, there was a certain vein of FSU posters who were quick to accuse any Fisher critics of being idiots. They repeated "he won a national championship!" to gloss over the negative facts and bury any different opinions of their hero. His faithful supporters forgot that the same issues with the offense that surfaced before Jamies surfaced right after him. They forgot that the very good coaches like Stoops who left Fisher en masse after 2012 had built that 2013 team. When some of us predicted that Fisher would continue to underperform at aTm because that's who he is, we were ridiculed by claims that we were "jilted" and "jealous"."

"Allnoles 46 minutes ago #49

I can’t wait for the 30 for 30 show in a decade dedicated to the snow job Fisher pulled on the nation. They’ll show a totally average record, a slew of underperforming teams and horribly lost games and conclude he made more (for himself) out of a 2-3 year run almost any coach would have won a natty with than anyone in history."

"SamENole 9 minutes ago #53

Jimbo is the main reason our program was left in shambles and it's taken 4-5 years to recover from the mess he left. Not only did he leave behind a 5-6 team (When he left) but he also stopped recruiting making it nearly impossible for the next HC to succeed.

If you're an FSU fan that doesn't want Jimbo to fail at A&M then there's something wrong with you. I don't wish him any ill will as a person but as a football coach I will enjoy every loss of his for the rest of his career."

Anyway, not sure if this is interesting for folks. I thought it was. There is a faction of Jimbo Stanners on that board and they are getting run over by the others right now. It is fascinating that that clown still has supporters at FSU. Wow.

Probably not much different than Lincoln Riley haters at OU or Beard haters at Tech.

But still funny, nonetheless. 

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

I actually agree there.  Miami offense looked like trash.  They might be worse than App St.

That may be true - but the Miami D is significantly better and they are getting Akheem Mesidor back from injury.  The right side of the aggy OL is a joke and I expect Miami to take advantage.  On Offense their future NFL OT Zion Nelson got some snaps last week but should be full speed for Saturday night.

Considering how piss-poor the aggy offense is - and their OL - good enough is all Miami will need on offense.

That said - it is a night game at Kyle Field - weird shit happens.

2 hours ago, Sal said:

We’re also forgetting used car salesman. I’ve heard jobs at Sewell make up the majority of the Mays job board.

Had my front windshield replaced, brake fluid flushed, and a tire inspected about 10 days ago at a Sewell dealership and I was extremely pleased with the experience. 

Didn’t get charged for the tire inspection, my service rep showed me how to reset my sunroof that was having a software malfunction, and snagged a couple of cookies both dropping off and picking up for my dear old mom. 

That being said, I don’t know where my service rep went to school because he didn’t mention it and I don’t check men’s hand out for rings. 🤷‍♂️ Never even crossed my mind before typing this. 

My service rep was probably Tech or UNT guy… though his hair was very short. And nothing on my car reveals where I went to school. 

15 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That may be true - but the Miami D is significantly better and they are getting Akheem Mesidor back from injury.  The right side of the aggy OL is a joke and I expect Miami to take advantage.  On Offense their future NFL OT Zion Nelson got some snaps last week but should be full speed for Saturday night.

Considering how piss-poor the aggy offense is - and their OL - good enough is all Miami will need on offense.

I don't think an aggy win would surprise anybody.  But I don't think anybody can look at how that OL has played so far and think they're going to be able to hold up against Miami's DL.  App State was beating them a lot with 3-man rushes.  And Max Johnson isn't the answer either.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

It is fascinating that that clown still has supporters at FSU. Wow.

True but we have posters who still defend Charlie Strong and had a poster who actively hopes Chris Beard falls because he will never admit Shaka Smart was terrible. But at least the second guy left. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Damnit I’m blinking on his handle but 5 letter handle who’s in laws were noles boosters.  He was preaching it when it was still a rumor ritz bitz was headed to aggy.  Dude called his shot for sure. 

That's me. My in-laws are Nole boosters. Technically, I am also. Went to law school there after UT.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

That's me. My in-laws are Nole boosters. Technically, I am also. Went to law school there after UT.

Yeah I don’t know why it wouldn’t @ you, I had the first few letters correct.   I know none of the recent events surprise you, just noticed you had been absent from the recent schadenfreude.  

25 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah I don’t know why it wouldn’t @ you, I had the first few letters correct.   I know none of the recent events surprise you, just noticed you had been absent from the recent schadenfreude.  

I've been following and loving all of their self-inflicted misery. 

I haven't lived in Texas for 27 years but those idiots are what they have always been. They could fuck up a cheese sandwich so, no, I'm not surprised.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

Living with and amongst them, I can tell you that the battered wife Nole fans are a minority. The ones who opine for the days of Jimbo and say "if we had just given him this or didn't have a messed up booster setup, he would have stayed". Most of those people aren't insiders or even boosters. The ones who actually are boosters and know what the hell that clown did don't miss him at all.

The narrative that Aggy likes to repeat about FSU being strapped for cash or saying no to Jimbo's every desire is a false narrative. They gave that guy everything he asked for. Jimbo threw a tantrum for a football-only facility and threw a deadline on the table to the higher ups, one which was extremely difficult to meet both from a cash and construction timeline perspective. Of course, Aggy repeats the one-sided fables from Jimbo and his flock. 

The narrative that they wouldn't let him fire Charles Kelly is partially true. After all, Jimbo threw a tantrum the year before to get the guy a raise. I think that speaks more to Jimbo's shitty program management and management of his coaching staff. He had a staff that was Top 10 in total comp. The moron just didn't distribute it accordingly and held on to coaches that weren't cutting it.

My father-in-law gives a boatload to that school and I've heard all the Jimbo tales from his circle of friends. That asshole torched that place on the way out. He's a petty, spiteful little redneck.

The thought of him doing that at aggy leaves me gruntled!

• Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Wandering bird steals the show at Kyle Field as crowd erupts

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

So what happened with Chris Marshall? There was a thread on the paid section that had over 30 posts in under 5 minutes and then it was nuked.

On here I’ve read walked out of practice and I’ve read broke hand in fight with teammate. Could be both. Might be neither. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
9.95 pls
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, JBJ said:

I actually agree there.  Miami offense looked like trash.  They might be worse than App St.

They have a NFL talent at QB, and have been resting players to make sure they were 100% healthy for this game, but the real disadvantage is going to be the aggy OL vs. the Miami DL.

I finally looked at their schedule to see that they have a legitimate chance to be 1-5 before the gamecocks give them a win, followed by two losses, then a tossup with auburn, a win against UMass, and who knows against the fighting Kelly’s.

I don’t see how aggy gets to be bowl eligible, not that they wouldn’t forfeit again anyway.

Surley they won’t finish 5-7 (giving them both of the tossups) because I suck at predictions, but I’m seeing 5-7.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Elko has won his first two games by a combined score of 62-23, the second one being over the Northwestern team that ran all over Scott Frost.  Early indications are that he might know what he’s doing.  

In the first game they blew out Temple, which got me wondering, what the hell was the sell for Stan Drayton?

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

They have a NFL talent at QB, and have been resting players to make sure they were 100% healthy for this game, but the real disadvantage is going to be the aggy OL vs. the Miami DL.

People keep saying the Miami offense looks like trash not knowing their first round tackle, starting RB, and one of their starting WR hardly played against Southern Miss. 

Their offense might suck but I don't think Southern Miss is a particularly good game to judge the offense.  

Edited by Rickylovesweed

29 minutes ago, Fud said:

In the first game they blew out Temple, which got me wondering, what the hell was the sell for Stan Drayton?

20 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Drayton has ties to Pennsylvania and spent a few years in Philly.

I don't know for certain, but I am sure that @golfclap was also probably involved.

Perhaps some of our boosters contributed heavily to Temple’s head coach fund… with a specific condition attached. 

44 minutes ago, Fud said:

He's 51, has never been as much as an OC, and is from the area.  Its possible if he waited he may have gotten a better offer - but there was no guarantee.  Worst case scenario is he loses at Temple, gets fired, and then goes back to being a highly sought after RB coach at either the college or NFL level.

• Hook 'Em 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread