Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

4 hours ago, NoName said:

Gary Kubiak last coached in college in, not kidding, 1993. he is currently a coach advisor for a team playing in Wroclaw, Poland.

This reminds me of when IT (I assume Nahlin, but can’t remember) tried to window dress Kubiak when he was floated as a possibility after the Urban dream died. Peak 9.95.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Reynolds Woodcock said:

This reminds me of when IT (I assume Nahlin, but can’t remember) tried to window dress Kubiak when he was floated as a possibility after the Urban dream died. Peak 9.95.

I had a friend involved with the process at the time try to sell me on Kubiak. This person is a good friend who is extremely knowledgeable and respected in his field, which involves CFB. I have never been more brutally dismissive to that person in the 20+ years we've known each other than at that moment. I could not fucking hear that Kubiak was a candidate and also have someone trying to actively present an argument to me in Kubiag's favor. It still irritates me. I am still dubious that they really considered him, but that's always been the company line.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I had a friend involved with the process at the time try to sell me on Kubiak. This person is a good friend who is extremely knowledgeable and respected in his field, which involves CFB. I have never been more brutally dismissive to that person in the 20+ years we've known each other than at that moment. I could not fucking hear that Kubiak was a candidate and also have someone trying to actively present an argument to me in Kubiag's favor. It still irritates me. I am still dubious that they really considered him, but that's always been the company line.

Makes me a little sick to my stomach. 

53 minutes ago, Jacob McCandles said:

You do know that MCDC has a current job in coaching, right? 

51 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

yeah i know his current job/

my point was that he had no college coaching experience at all and Kubiak had coached one year in the 90s.

1 hour ago, Chili dog said:

This made me chuckle. 

IMG_8178.jpeg

new thread title @texifornia?

"Enemy Screenshot Thread: Don't negatively recruit against your own school"

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Gerry is your friend.

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

yeah i know his current job/

my point was that he had no college coaching experience at all and Kubiak had coached one year in the 90s.

new thread title @texifornia?

"Enemy Screenshot Thread: Don't negatively recruit against your own school"

Or how about he remove "Enemy Screenshot" like I asked him to a month ago when we decided to have a separate SEC screenshot thread, while you're at it @texifornia.

But that's an excellent rename.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread
7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Uh, that would be the most amazing thing to witness and you’ve got it completely backwards. Most football coaches aren’t that smart, manzeil certainly isn’t smart, and you think they’d kick over a good coach? Manzeil’s only concept of success is his HS coach and Sumlin. RC was only successful because they cheated. Jimbo is already doing that, and NIL has removed that aspect. Those chumps would end up picking Dat Nguyen out of retirement from his chikfila empire. 

Reading Comprehension:

Their job would be to pick FOUR candidates and then the school picks one of those. 

I don’t see 4 Dat Nguyens walking through that door anytime soon. But if they did, it would be a Nguyen-Nguyen for a&m. Yep, you could say that again. A Nguyen-Nguyen for a&m.

We could be looking at a 4 Nguyen season for ol’ army after almost hitting that mark last year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Reading Comprehension:

Their job would be to pick FOUR candidates and then the school picks one of those. 

I don’t see 4 Dat Nguyens walking through that door anytime soon. But if they did, it would be a Nguyen-Nguyen for a&m. Yep, you could say that again. A Nguyen-Nguyen for a&m.

We could be looking at a 4 Nguyen season for ol’ army after almost hitting that mark last year.

Reading Comprehension: So your think they're stumbling into at least 1 good candidate?

Campbell nominates Nguyen, Manzeil nominates himself, RC also nominates because EVERYONE knows he was unjustly removed and never had a single losing season. If that fails, he insists Bill Snyder come out of retirement. Surprise Suprise, Gary Kubiag also nominates himself. After that last, Campbell asks if he can changes his vote for Nguyen to himself. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

49 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Reading Comprehension:

It would be really hard for 4 Dat Nguyens to fit through a regular door. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

spacer.png

I never thought I'd warm up to Ewers, but goddamn what a turnaround from being a brat. Grown man and a goddamn Longhorn. Fuckin' A.

brat? He was a teenager last year, playing against Saban's dynasty and teams with covid super seniors, with a rebuilding roster, swiss cheese OL, like going to a gunfight with a 6 shooter and 2 live bullets and a blank. He was still only 19 less than 6 months ago; he is in the peak years of growing  and maturing. 

Unfortunately for you, that ship sailed a long time ago.  

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, PTINS said:

brat? He was a teenager last year, playing against Saban's dynasty and teams with covid super seniors, with a rebuilding roster, swiss cheese OL, like going to a gunfight with a 6 shooter and 2 live bullets and a blank. He was still only 19 less than 6 months ago; he is in the peak years of growing  and maturing. 

Unfortunately for you, that ship sailed a long time ago.  

You seem to think "brat" refers to on the field performance. It doesn't. 

he is in the peak years of growing  and maturing. 

That was the point of my post that you seem to want to ridicule and disagree with. 

A good surgeon can remove the bullet from your dick. Godspeed.

It's easy for us to say coaches like Urban, Deion etc would never mesh with the culture in aggyland AND assume they would be smart enough to recognize that before signing on, but the truth is large sums of money can make just about anything tolerable to anyone.

Think about how many talking heads in the major MSM outlets look uncomfortable reading words written by someone else on a teleprompter, or taking a political slant that may match that of their corporate overlord but not their own. Then they think about how much more money they're making vs talking about the fish fry at the VFW hall of whatever podonk local affiliate station where they got their start and it's all good in the neighborhood.

Don’t sleep on the $$$ bags of aggy, reaching out after this year’s 8-4 (or worse), looking for the next willing participant to get the privilege of wearing burgundy adidas shoes on the sideline! They might have to hock some John Deere farm equipment to make it happen, if oil stays around $80.

The season still has a way to go, so I hope they keep jimbo for at least one more season. Just don’t be surprised if they come up with enough “scratch” to pay off jimbo, with the next guy ready to wear burgundy sneakers.

Hook’em!!!

Don’t sleep on the $$$ bags of aggy, reaching out after this year’s 8-4 (or worse), looking for the next willing participant to get the privilege of wearing burgundy adidas shoes on the sideline! They might have to hock some John Deere farm equipment to make it happen, if oil stays around $80.

The season still has a way to go, so I hope they keep jimbo for at least one more season. Just don’t be surprised if they come up with enough “scratch” to pay off jimbo, with the next guy ready to wear burgundy sneakers.

Hook’em!!!
If oil reaches $150 per or even more than $200 like some predict could happen...hoo boy! aggy will not only be spending like drunken sailors but actually buying the bar if the bouncers try to toss them out. They bid against themselves for Jimbo not once, but twice! Whoever the next savior of aggy football is will hit the mega jackpot.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, ousux said:
38 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Hook’em!!!

If oil reaches $150 per or even more than $200 like some predict could happen...hoo boy! aggy will not only be spending like drunken sailors but actually buying the bar if the bouncers try to toss them out. They bid against themselves for Jimbo not once, but twice! Whoever the next savior of aggy football is will hit the mega jackpot.

I hope they stay enamored with championship coaches….I know it’s completely unrealistic, but I would love to see them completely aggie out so that we could see ogre in a 10 year 100 mil guaranteed contract. Everyone is already used to unintelligible, rambling press conferences there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

42 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Don’t sleep on the $$$ bags of aggy, reaching out after this year’s 8-4 (or worse), looking for the next willing participant to get the privilege of wearing burgundy adidas shoes on the sideline!

Hook’em!!!

I hadn’t thought about a&m being an adidas school, but Deion has been a NIKE guy (I think) for over 30 years. 

If true, I couldn’t see Deion going to an adidas school. 

image.png.740ec1ada583b6b71d7a9e0e31a889e6.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Digging through some threads on TexAgs and one comment about their coaching hiring history had this gem...

"Sumlin was an experiment culturally"

What could they possibly mean? 

Normally, they prefer somebody that's easier to spot in dim light, if you catch my drift.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I hadn’t thought about a&m being an adidas school, but Deion has been a NIKE guy (I think) for over 30 years. 

If true, I couldn’t see Deion going to an adidas school. 

image.png.740ec1ada583b6b71d7a9e0e31a889e6.png

It’s not the logo that will keep Prome from being a candidate at aggy. It’s the swagger. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

If Elko says no, they will go all in on Traylor and he will say yes.

I'm not sure there is any way Elko says no honestly. He is a known quantity with known results. Why would he stay at Duke?

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I had to look to see if this was a hawt take from 3 years ago.

Just now, Vertigo said:

I'm not sure there is any way Elko says no honestly. He is a known quantity with known results. Why would he stay at Duke?

The big question is which aggy alum is going to write Duke a $50mm check while also paying off Jimbo and his staff, while also paying Elko and his guys?

Also, the prospect of Tyler Santucci being aggy's DC after they (correctly) crucified him last year on their boards is wonderful.

3 hours ago, Deej said:

Traylor isn't a big enough splash hire for those morons. 

It will be Dabo and he'll pull a Fisher and coast for the retirement money. 

They’re so stupid they’ll hire Kliff and think it’s a huge splash because he worked with Manziel and Mahomes.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Pat Fitzgerald is such a perfect fit for Old Army. 

To be fair, he has the right haircut. 

Traylor would worry me, he’s a good hire. That guy might actually fix their culture, at least in the football locker room. I’d much prefer him to take a job like SMU or UH in a conference where we no longer play.  I mean I’d prefer that motherfucker to go out of state and out of our conference, but that seems unlikely. 

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

To be fair, he has the right haircut. 

Traylor would worry me, he’s a good hire. That guy might actually fix their culture, at least in the football locker room. I’d much prefer him to take a job like SMU or UH in a conference where we no longer play.  I mean I’d prefer that motherfucker to go out of state and out of our conference, but that seems unlikely. 

Agreed. U of H is likely to be in the market for a coach at the end of the season so hopefully they scoop him up. 

3 minutes ago, Mac8111 said:

Traylor is not going to SMU or U of H.

Pretty sure Tech wanted him and he recommended McGuire.

Other than not being a big name hire for national recruits, Traylor would be a huge problem at A&M.

Tech isn't a good place to coach, it doesn't have great local talent. 

SMU/UH with ACC/Big 12 affiliations is a lot more desirable job now and both reside in talent rich areas. 

One could make the argument that SMU may be better job moving forward due to their boosters being very very hungry to be sucessful, see their ACC affiliation now. 

Houston would be based solely on Fertitta buy in and commitment to NIL and the program.

Edited by BurntOrange&White