Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

At one point, A&M was paying RC, Fran, Sherman and Sumlin.  For a rich school, that’s a lot of prolonged buyouts.  I love that they didn’t care, got Jimbo, and signed him to an Aggie-like extension.  Watching them lose makes it that much sweeter. The delusional fan base and their $9.95’ers are the icing on this tasty cupcake. Jimbo isn’t getting fired and the misery will continue. This truly is the greatest Aggie joke of all time!!

KEEP JIMBO
The best part about all this is if they try to offer the next coach a sane amount of money it will seem like an insult to whoever that is. Of course if they go more towards the bottom of the coaching shelf they may find someone just happy for a significant pay raise. (Whoever the hottest G5 coach is at the time)
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Am I the only person doubting Weigman plays another down of A&M football ? 

I mean he might , its possible, but he's got to have parents or x-coaches, friends from other teams to play behind a line that can protect him right? 

Hot damn that would make my transfer season. 

I wonder if he's doing them the favor of keeping his plans secret until after signing day. Hell, I don't think we'll know the prognosis for his damaged talus until he's been out of the cast for awhile. The Aggie certainty about Weigman playing next fall is ill-founded.

3 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

lol, no it's not

image.png.df5d080648239aa6e382c52e1a661238.png

It will all be fine is the quintessential message board and $9.95 fall back when a recruit is missed on. A recent example is Gerry on Wingo when he thought he was gone. "Sark will go to the portal and Texas will be fine at WR". Gerry after we get Wingo, "This is a huge get and people don't understand how critical this get is!". A big loss is a big loss every time since they may have panned out under our system even when they fail at their eventual school.  A big get is a big get even they don't pan out under our system because they may have panned out at a school we eventually play under their system. See DKR pre 1970.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

The drawing is bad. The writing is worse. It's an abomination.

yeah I have no problem with poor drawing in MSPaints (although I do wonder if they're supposed to be M&Ms or something), but the excessive amount and poor quality of the writing in that thing was just tragic. 

On 10/27/2023 at 6:05 AM, SydneyCarton said:

Also, im somewhat scared to ask, but what the fuck is Pull-Out Day? I was raised Catholic, that phrase has an entirely different meaning to me than what I imagine it does to those losers. 

I guess it means when they are finished unloading in the jizz jar it is time to zip up and let the next guy have his turn. 

9 hours ago, Hornlover said:

I have no idea what this means or if it's supposed to be funny, but it's definitely an affront to @THUJONE

The worst part is that it was in response to saying we keep it simple and to one thing which is a @THUJONE classic and then he decides to post something that makes it clear you don't mess with perfection.

Edited by DanTheHorn

21 minutes ago, nnm said:

That does pose an interesting question though. Can a coach at the university donate to the NIL collective of that university?

If that is the case, why not have the huge $$ money printing schools have that set in the contract? Something about expectations about charitable giving minimum each year of so much and the just pay the coach 500k more annually than you would?

So let’s say you pay Sark 500k more annually and then he donates that toTexas One every year. He has to deal with the taxes and what not, but in essence your AD could found your collectives by offsets in the salad side of the coaching staffs of the various sports…

Yeah, that has to be illegal/against the NCAA regulations. If not you could as an AD sink in an extra 5M in raises across multiple sports and fund after taxes 3.5 or so annually your university affiliated collective…

4 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

That does pose an interesting question though. Can a coach at the university donate to the NIL collective of that university?

If that is the case, why not have the huge $$ money printing schools have that set in the contract? Something about expectations about charitable giving minimum each year of so much and the just pay the coach 500k more annually than you would?

So let’s say you pay Sark 500k more annually and then he donates that toTexas One every year. He has to deal with the taxes and what not, but in essence your AD could found your collectives by offsets in the salad side of the coaching staffs of the various sports…

Yeah, that has to be illegal/against the NCAA regulations. If not you could as an AD sink in an extra 5M in raises across multiple sports and fund after taxes 3.5 or so annually your university affiliated collective…

I might be wrong but I think Bif does that at Charlotte and it's legal. 

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

"Coach, you want me to sign? Donate $1mm of your salary to NIL earmarked for football"

• Like 2

Not to be cynical, but I work in higher ed so it’s easy to be, but it seems only a matter of time before teams start funneling student athletic fees to NIL funds. Paying the coach and having the coaches donate to the fund seems like an easy way. 

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, LOHorn said:

Not to be cynical, but I work in higher ed so it’s easy to be, but it seems only a matter of time before teams start funneling student athletic fees to NIL funds. Paying the coach and having the coaches donate to the fund seems like an easy way. 

Yep, Im with ya. And since the UT AD prints money, why not just do a 200K salary bump for all HC for all sports and stipulate 100k has to go to a charity or non-profit...

On 10/28/2023 at 11:38 AM, LOHorn said:

I work in higher ed as well. 

The institution caught doing this would be sued into Bolivia 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

No they wouldn’t. There is no law saying that student athletic fees can’t be used for coaches salaries, or even that universities have to disclose they are taking athletic specific fees in most of the country.

It’s already been indicated that coaches can contribute to NIL funds. 

Edited by LOHorn

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

I can’t fix my post, but coaches cannot directly donate to NIL collectives. I think they could donate to their personal foundation and have that foundation donate to the collective, but I’m not sure. At any rate, “institutional support” will find its way into NIL collectives, if it isn’t already.