Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

You could go on Texags and tell those fools that Texas football player started a cult for crayon eaters with his NIL money and they would boycott Crayola.  Then,  Mike Farrell would join the chat to tell everyone how bad Texas sucks and how overrated every player is.  It’s like clockwork with those people. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, JBJ said:

I still can't get over that they bought out Jimbo with zero plan in place moving forward.  They are literally in a worse place now than keeping him another year or two.  Or even letting him go after the holiday.

Yep. It was incredibly stupid. Just not quite as stupid as signing him to a 10 year contract in the first place. (Only because they couldn’t sign him for 15!)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, JBJ said:

I still can't get over that they bought out Jimbo with zero plan in place moving forward.  They are literally in a worse place now than keeping him another year or two.  Or even letting him go after the holiday.

Evey aspect of the last 10 years has been both predictably aggy , and unfathomably stupid , at every turn .

They have invented new levels of aggy that broke most of our understanding of how aggy they are repeatedly .

It's almost like they are unified at searching the internet for shit so dumb that everyone agrees 'that would be regarded , no way they'd do that next' and they respond with 'hold my collective beer' 

I have no idea what stupid aggy shit happens next , but I eagerly await 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Evey aspect of the last 10 years has been both predictably aggy , and unfathomably stupid , at every turn .

They have invented new levels of aggy that broke most of our understanding of how aggy they are repeatedly .

It's almost like they are unified at searching the internet for shit so dumb that everyone agrees 'that would be regarded , no way they'd do that next' and they respond with 'hold my collective beer' 

I have no idea what stupid aggy shit happens next , but I eagerly await 

So do I.

aggy has always been a fruitful fount of the almost perfect combination of insecurity, ignorance, arrogance, and cult-like behavior. The Dunning-Kruger effect made flesh.

To me, the pinnacle of this is "the only problem with signing Jimbo to a 10-year guaranteed contract is that we couldn't sign him to a 15-year guaranteed contract." 

aggy laps that shit up with a ladle. They are like the cults whose leader predicts the end of the world on a specific date/time, and when that doesn't happen the excuses and next set of predictions are trotted out, only to believed just as fervently as the past claims. Jimbo? Yes! What, no! Elko! Yes!

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Brings up another question...why are you scooping bird seed at a Las Vegas hotel?  Do you travel with a birdfeeder in your carry-on?

Did it the day before I left.  

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Interesting 25 "brand":

All I see:

image.png.0cf3b37b8613428c78c284e79ba97030.png

I read the graphic as "#2 in the state" which, to be honest, probably isn't even accurate anymore.  They may be worse than Tech, TCU, and/or SMU.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

They did have a plan. They had a coach lined up that would unify the base, excite the recruits, and “got” Aggy. 

They just didn’t make sure that Dan Campbell would take the job first, before they fired Fisher. They assumed he would, because they believe that bullshit Bear Bryant said about “mama called” when he bailed out of A&M. (Bryant was too smart to tell the truth- “Thank God I can get out of this shithole and away from these nutty assholes”)

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, ousux said:
18 hours ago, DixonHur said:
You forgot, "was willing to live in collie station"

Is that really necessary these days? I hear the highest paid aggy employee in history no longer lives anywhere near collie station yet the checks still keep rolling in?

Did he move?  He had that big ranch just outside of town I believe. 

Please God let Fisher go to Florida to replace Napier and take players with him. This would be perfect right after Elko's "big hire" from Florida. That's really the only big move I can think of as a possibility, someone tell me what school I'm missing that would be big. 

Obviously the main issue is there's no reason for Florida to take so long to fire Napier. But I can dream.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Please God let Fisher go to Florida to replace Napier and take players with him. This would be perfect right after Elko's "big hire" from Florida. That's really the only big move I can think of as a possibility, someone tell me what school I'm missing that would be big. 

Obviously the main issue is there's no reason for Florida to take so long to fire Napier. But I can dream.  

Holy shit... Jimbo would get the aggies at home in Gainesville week 2 lol.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't even know where the right place is to put this and have been sitting on it for a bit, but this post reminded of it, so Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone.

Apparently, Ritz Bit thinks he's in line for a very, very big next move to the point of reaching out through familiars of current aggie players and seeing if they'd be interested in joining him. That's as far as I will go without getting someone pissed at me, but there is a very, very strong chance that we are going to see hilarity ensue early in the new year if the dominos fall the right way. 

Wow. I’d think at some point, aggys would just hire a hitman if that happens.

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't even know where the right place is to put this and have been sitting on it for a bit, but this post reminded of it, so Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone.

Apparently, Ritz Bit thinks he's in line for a very, very big next move to the point of reaching out through familiars of current aggie players and seeing if they'd be interested in joining him. That's as far as I will go without getting someone pissed at me, but there is a very, very strong chance that we are going to see hilarity ensue early in the new year if the dominos fall the right way. 

Paying a coach to poach their players is pretty on brand. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 12/20/2023 at 8:42 PM, Hornlover said:

"Bridge the Rubicon"? I don't remember Caeser building a bridge over the Rubicon.

Perhaps the phrase he's looking for is "Fleece the Rubes".

Yea, I noticed the usual failure to grasp a metaphor about the Rubicon, as well. I suppose expecting them to is asking a lot of intellectuals trying to grow a pear.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Please tell me he’s thinking about going back to being the LSU OC for about a million a year.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

200.gif?cid=790b76116r4mcyzrz3cshjnu8k4y

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

He could rediscover some of that Sunshine State magic.

image.png.b3a48527062b846f0c341a10c8a754e2.png

• Haha 4