COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

Stepdaughter finally popped positive after over 48 hours of clearly obvious covid (fever, severe headache, fatigue, mild congestion).  Her 7 YO son, who is unvaccinated, will surely test positive soon.  Stepson is recovering and now testing negative.  Me, my wife and my son are vaxxed and boosted and feel fine, but this house feels like a fucking tuberculosis ward.  Thank god our daughter lives on campus.  (Never thought I'd say that.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

My one paralegal whose dad just died of covid is out sick coughing and feverish. My colleague next door is home today with aches, runny nose and coughing and low energy. Paralegal across from her left at noon - with “I have a cold” explanation. Hot girl but looked like death warmed over.

Third paralegal also did not come in today. Positive covid test.

Happy New Year.

Welp, the MAGA IT’S JUST THE FLU side of my family gathered for Xmas and all came down with the rona. Aunt is a walking co-morbidity and is in the hospital. Details are sparse, but prayers are plentiful.

This is the same aunt that told me it’s just like AIDS and nobody is freaking out about that anymore. I had to gently explain to her that the likelihood of her walking into a grocery store and getting AIDS then going to church and spreading it to everyone else in your bible study group was awfully small unless she was into some pretty kinky stuff.

I told my wife a couple of months ago that I had a very strong premonition this Aunt would die of Covid. I hope that doesn’t come to be and that her brush with death might change her feelings and encourage other anti-vax prayer warriors to get vaxxed.*

*who am I kidding.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

Welp, the MAGA IT’S JUST THE FLU side of my family gathered for Xmas and all came down with the rona. Aunt is a walking co-morbidity and is in the hospital. Details are sparse, but prayers are plentiful.
This is the same aunt that told me it’s just like AIDS and nobody is freaking out about that anymore. I had to gently explain to her that the likelihood of her walking into a grocery store and getting AIDS then going to church and spreading it to everyone else in your bible study group was awfully small unless she was into some pretty kinky stuff.
I told my wife a couple of months ago that I had a very strong premonition this Aunt would die of Covid. I hope that doesn’t come to be and that her brush with death might change her feelings and encourage other anti-vax prayer warriors to get vaxxed.*

*who am I kidding.

So sorry Colt. So anyway, is she rich? Are you in the will?

27 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Update: blood clots in her lungs. Doesn’t sound good.

So if she recovers, the prayers worked and god changed his perfect plan for them and her?

Or it was always god’s plan and the prayers were superfluous?

If she doesn’t recover, god ignored all the prayers?

never could get my head around this aspect of faith  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So if she recovers, the prayers worked and god changed his perfect plan for them and her?

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There really is such a thing as a silly prayer.

My one paralegal whose dad just died of covid is out sick coughing and feverish. My colleague next door is home today with aches, runny nose and coughing and low energy. Paralegal across from her left at noon - with “I have a cold” explanation. Hot girl but looked like death warmed over.

Third paralegal also did not come in today. Positive covid test.

Happy New Year.

I’m tired. Ache. Coughing. Fever.

I’m assuming fucking Texas Cedar pollen.
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

I’m tired. Ache. Coughing. Fever.

I’m assuming fucking Texas Cedar pollen.

That's been my house's week since Christmas pretty much. Definitely more than just cedar allergies, but most of the scratchiness and congestion went away with some zyrtec and pseudophed at least lol

Question:  does anyone know of data for reinfection of those who have just recovered from symptomatic covid?  We're trying to figure out if our older son needs to mask up in the house (negative antigen test, symptoms resolved, previous positive antigen tests).

36 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Question:  does anyone know of data for reinfection of those who have just recovered from symptomatic covid?  We're trying to figure out if our older son needs to mask up in the house (negative antigen test, symptoms resolved, previous positive antigen tests).

CDC is saying mask up for 5 days after symptoms cease IIRC.  Not sure that answers your question thought.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Update: blood clots in her lungs. Doesn’t sound good.

I’ve known two people that had COVID get to that stage. One died, the other is still carrying around an oxygen tank 6 months later. The guy that died was early 60s and a smoker, the other was a fairly healthy 52. 

Oh man, can we wind-up an anti-vaxxer here in the U.S. to top that?  

Ever since I was a little kid and saw those photos of the monks doing self-immolation...I've been intrigued by how somebody could do that to themselves.  So many stupid fucking Q-folks in the States, surely we can get one of 'em to do this to keep America in the lead on anti-vax mandate immolations.  

At least the plastic straps from his non-existent mask didn't melt into his skull.  Probably would have been a cognitive improvement.  

Can we send a video of this to Huffines?  

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Ever since I was a little kid and saw those photos of the monks doing self-immolation...I've been intrigued by how somebody could do that to themselves.

I remember that, too. I was astounded when my dad told me the story, because I was shocked my dad knew a word that I did not. Arrogance is an issue for me.

I also remember it made a big impact on people. The kind of impression that changed minds.

14 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

I remember that, too. I was astounded when my dad told me the story, because I was shocked my dad knew a word that I did not. Arrogance is an issue for me.

I also remember it made a big impact on people. The kind of impression that changed minds.

I mean most of the people who would vote for him have already drank the proverbial koolaid, why not up the anti to self-immolation?

Wasn't it Ted Cruz the other day that retweeted some NYE mandates and saying we shouldn't emulate Washington State?  But the tweet was from Western Australia?  

We could start with those heathens trying to make the great Ted Cruz look bad! 

13 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Bob seemed more like he was overconfident in his immune system/physical abilities. Happens to all of us from time to time. He chose poorly. That one is sad.

But Kelly and Duke? Fuck’em. Like someone else’s link said: 

Deliberately causing your own death from a preventable disease isn't a tragedy. It's evolution. 

Edited by achooloco
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Update: Aunt, Uncle and my 93 YO Grandmother now all in the hospital. with covid-induced pneumonia. makes me both very sad and very angry.

I'm sorry DNHC; it's frustrating and seems determined to continue to be for the foreseeable future.

20 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Update: Aunt, Uncle and my 93 YO Grandmother now all in the hospital. with covid-induced pneumonia. makes me both very sad and very angry.

Genuinely sorry to hear that, man. Even when you know they're idiots, when they're your idiots it still hurts. My father-in-law just turned 80 and is a brain-rotted Fox News addict Trumper. When he visited for the holidays I changed the settings on my Uverse box so that all cable news channels were hidden on the guide and skipped when you scroll with channel up/down. He's not savvy enough to google their channel number and go straight there. And doing it to all cable news channels seemed like a less confrontational way to handle it. He asked my son where Fox News is and my son (honestly) said "I don't know." He never asked me.

Anyway, long story to explain that he would definitely be dead from COVID by now if he weren't in remission for lung cancer and my mother-in-law hadn't straight up told him he has no choice he's getting vaccinated back when they first came out. His health is pretty fragile and she does basically everything for him (she's 11 years younger) so she told him he gets it or she's done helping. Weird to think that he's probably only still alive specifically because he got lung cancer. I'm sorry that there wasn't some reason for your family to get it under protest.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Peace and love to you and yours, regardless of the situation ❤️

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Bob seemed more like he was overconfident in his immune system/physical abilities. Happens to all of us from time to time. He chose poorly. That one is sad.

But Kelly and Duke? Fuck’em. Like someone else’s link said: 

Deliberately causing your own death from a preventable disease isn't a tragedy. It's evolution natural selection. 

fixy for the ocd types.