shit that dissappeared during the great rona supply chain clusterfuck

Hagbard Celine

funyuns
canada dry diet ginger ale
large-size stouffers frozen meals: broccoli fetuccine, turkey/stuffing/mashedtaters, spaghetti

Saw diet Canada Dry and large Stouffers frozen meals at WinCo today. They also had the eggo mini pancakes which are hard to find these days too.

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

Having trouble finding Lime flavored Gatorade zero in the small bottles along with the small cans of low sodium V8.  Went to the store today and shelves with Gatorade were pretty much empty.  

Gatorade shelves empty in summer?  That’s hard to imagine. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Underdog said:

Have found it at Cracker Barrel as well, along with childhood favorite Ale-8 One. 

You buy wine at Cracker Barrel?  Bold strategy, Cotton.  

21 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Topo Chico has been somewhat hard to find in Dallas lately.

Man, that shit has been ongoing.  HEB jacking up the price of Topo to $9/12 and pimping their 1826 Mineral Wells bullshit.  Fuck that!  The box is a PITA.

Edited by tigol

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just got an email from the guys I hired to install rain gutters that theres no install date yet because they can’t get sheets of aluminum. 

aluminum being the most abundant element on earth. 

Might want to cruise around Little Leagues and College baseball programs...  PING! 

24 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Costco sells them in huge plastic jugs at a really good price. I’ve never seen them in short supply. 

Are they refrigerated? I’ve never seen Clausen in plastic or on the regular shelves. Anyway, it looks like it was a glass jar shortage. 

https://www.scmr.com/article/whats_behind_the_empty_grocery_shelves   (Here is a good article about their shortages and what caused some of the others)

The challenge regarding glass jars is acute. Because of reduced city services, there has been a 30% reduction in glass recycling. During some weeks in late May and in June, Claussen pickles experienced a decrease in availability, often nearing 88%. During other weeks, pre-pandemic-levels of pickles were available. The availability of Claussen pickles has been inconsistent due to the unpredictability of their glass jar supply (see Figure 2).  Unfortunately, if the COVID-19 pandemic persists, there may be unforeseen tier-based shortages up and down grocery supply chains.

1 hour ago, 3adays said:

Are they refrigerated? I’ve never seen Clausen in plastic or on the regular shelves. Anyway, it looks like it was a glass jar shortage. 

https://www.scmr.com/article/whats_behind_the_empty_grocery_shelves   (Here is a good article about their shortages and what caused some of the others)

The challenge regarding glass jars is acute. Because of reduced city services, there has been a 30% reduction in glass recycling. During some weeks in late May and in June, Claussen pickles experienced a decrease in availability, often nearing 88%. During other weeks, pre-pandemic-levels of pickles were available. The availability of Claussen pickles has been inconsistent due to the unpredictability of their glass jar supply (see Figure 2).  Unfortunately, if the COVID-19 pandemic persists, there may be unforeseen tier-based shortages up and down grocery supply chains.

Big ole plastic jugs. And yes, in the fridge section next to the lunch meet and bacon. 
image.thumb.jpeg.b2ca367551a23f7d88e3371bafe7ee9b.jpeg

33 minutes ago, elfenix said:

I went to both the Heights HEB and the Washington HEB and neither had Clausen. Had to settle for Nathan's spears.

I mean that’s odd. I was at H‑E‑B Heights 2 hours ago and they had clausens. 

• Hook 'Em 1

That's interesting, I've been having a hard time finding my Claussen sliced pickles. I figured Kroger stopped carrying them because Kroger in general, is tragic. 

I’ve had the same issue at H-E-B. I had to buy Nathan’s on my last trip. They are good, but I prefer the Claussens.

That's interesting, I've been having a hard time finding my Claussen sliced pickles. I figured Kroger stopped carrying them because Kroger in general, is tragic. 

Target had them in stock 2 weeks ago. Wife was elated when I brought them home (we couldn’t find them for months).

4 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Same issue here, none at Kroger in a while. My wife started going to Walmart just to buy Claussen sandwich slices because they always seem to have them. She goes in and buys 3-4 jars and that’s all she gets.

15 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just got an email from the guys I hired to install rain gutters that theres no install date yet because they can’t get sheets of aluminum. 

aluminum being the most abundant element on earth. 

maybe you meant oxygen...

Edited by slorch

5 hours ago, elfenix said:

Farmer’ markets usually always have pickling cucumbers. We make batches of the refrigerator pickles. I think the cucumbers hold their texture better that way than true pickling.

1 hour ago, capnamerca said:

Caffeine-free Coke disappeared right at the beginning of covid20, reappeared briefly at the beginning of 2021, and disappeared again just a few weeks later, not being seen since.

Also Caffeine Free Coke Zero.  Off the shelves for months in 2020.  I saw some at our store around New Year's and bought four 12 packs.  Haven't seen them in the store since.  I have resorted to paying ~$30 per 12 pack on Amazon.  Haven't even seen the 2-liter bottles in months.  I am telling myself that since they have re-vamped Coke Zero that they stopped making the Caffeine Free version of Coke Zero for a while and it will be back.  I am probably lying to myself but it helps me not to rage so I go with it.

40 minutes ago, orange dream said:

Also Caffeine Free Coke Zero.  Off the shelves for months in 2020.  I saw some at our store around New Year's and bought four 12 packs.  Haven't seen them in the store since.  I have resorted to paying ~$30 per 12 pack on Amazon.  Haven't even seen the 2-liter bottles in months.  I am telling myself that since they have re-vamped Coke Zero that they stopped making the Caffeine Free version of Coke Zero for a while and it will be back.  I am probably lying to myself but it helps me not to rage so I go with it.

$30 per 12 pack? Is that a typo?

• Like 1