shit that dissappeared during the great rona supply chain clusterfuck

Hagbard Celine

13 hours ago, texasdago said:

I see a lot of Frito wailing and gnashing in Houston... but it sounds like off-brand like Trader Joe's is available. Bunch of brandists out there.

The Houston shortage must be real. I was at Kroger a couple weeks ago before making chili and all they had were scoops. 

Yep. I serve them with my chili. Since I’ve discovered them several years ago I don’t think I’ve bought a bag of Fritos since.

Hell, we buy the lightly salted version. They’re still plenty salty, and it saves us a bit of sodium intake. I haven’t bought name brand Fritos (other than as a gas station snack) in years.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Funny thing about the OG Fritos/Scoops shortage is these are still readily available. 

81e47bf8-add6-46fe-bb32-f9d104c9716a-1-61da9a23b5d43cdeb67ed713eaa8e9c6.jpg

And they do suck. 

I never see those anymore. I thought they were all shipped to Nigeria with all the Chiefs and Niner championship t shirts.

And I ate one of these once. It was the worst chip I ever ate. Only the pumpkin spice Funyun was worstest.

I never see those anymore. I thought they were all shipped to Nigeria with all the Chiefs and Niner championship t shirts.

And I ate one of these once. It was the worst chip I ever ate. Only the pumpkin spice Funyun was worstest.

I thought they sounded like they had potential. Then I tried them.

Nope. Huge fail.

9 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

The Houston shortage must be real. I was at Kroger a couple weeks ago before making chili and all they had were scoops. 

Scoops are perfect for chili. With the originals, you have to actually put the in your bowl where they get soggy. I use Scoops as a spoon. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Pillsbury Flaky Cinnamon Rolls have been gone for a few months. Most of the Pillsbury refrigerated stuff is usually empty (crescent rolls, pizza dough, cinnamon rolls, biscuits,etc.). 

Noticed this at my HEB the last month as well. Keep telling my kid I’ll get some at the store and end up empty handed. I just tell him “corona” and he understands.

3 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Noticed this at my HEB the last month as well. Keep telling my kid I’ll get some at the store and end up empty handed. I just tell him “corona” and he understands.

If you want an HEB that never runs out of white people food, I suggest you shop the Rundberg and Lamar location.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Hell, we buy the lightly salted version. They’re still plenty salty, and it saves us a bit of sodium intake. I haven’t bought name brand Fritos (other than as a gas station snack) in years.

This is the way.   I honestly think the lightly salted H-E-B brand corn chips taste better than regular Fritos, are actually better for you, and they’re about 1/2 the price. 

My dog pretty much will only eat the H-E-B Heritage Ranch canned food (less picky on dry food).  Fucking Thunderdome the past few months with that shit.   Seen people gathered around the stocker, a stocker stalker sounder if you will, fighting over them before they can be put on the shelf.   

I normally have to go to the H-E-B right off 35 and Valley Mills to grab the dog’s vittles. 

18 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't think that is a supply chain issue.  I think you're the only one that liked it.

Not a fan of the vanilla, but MezzoMix from Coca-Cola Germany is an orange cola that is fantastic. World Market carries it here in the States.

Edited by SimonBolivar

I don’t know if it was a supply chain issue but I heard over the holidays that there was a cream cheese shortage. I don’t regularly use cream cheese, just for stuffing peppers, which I don’t do often, and it’s been a long time since I’ve used it while baking. But I got curious and put it on my grocery list several weeks ago just to remind myself to look for it and see if the shortage was real. It sort of was. I saw a couple stores that only had the tubs of “whipped” cream cheese. Whole Foods had plenty of their 365 brand cream cheese. Then I found a Giant Eagle that was well stocked with your standard bricks of Philadelphia brand cream cheese. So I bought some.

F51D14CA-CF0B-404B-B097-BBD0999D0BFB.thumb.jpeg.47066bf8c2a10d3f3b6e79349fb333bc.jpeg

Then I had to come up with a use for it. I’ve never been a big bagel guy. Not that I have anything against them. I’ve just never bought them for myself. I’ve dated a couple women who liked bagels and when bagels were around I ate them. But now for the first time, I bought bagels just for me. Just plain bagels from the bakery at Giant Eagle. And they’re fine. I’ve got strawberry preserves, I’ve got apple butter, I’ve got smoked salmon and capers and lemon. I even went out and bought a jar of red raspberry preserves just to add a little more variety. And now the last couple of times I’ve been to the store — two different ones — they’ve been out of plain bagels in the bakery. That’s not a supply chain issue. That’s just the universe conspiring against me as it’s wont to do.

22 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

My dog pretty much will only eat the H-E-B Heritage Ranch canned food (less picky on dry food).  Fucking Thunderdome the past few months with that shit.   Seen people gathered around the stocker, a stocker stalker sounder if you will, fighting over them before they can be put on the shelf.   

I normally have to go to the H-E-B right off 35 and Valley Mills to grab the dog’s vittles. 

I laughed a month ago when folks on the east coast were whining about this. I'm not laughing now. We buy the cheapest bagged food we can for the barn cats and now snooty folks are clearing the shelves. Our fucking cats are gonna have to sharpen their claws.

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And now the last couple of times I’ve been to the store — two different ones — they’ve been out of plain bagels in the bakery. That’s not a supply chain issue. That’s just the universe conspiring against me as it’s wont to do.

Probably just assholes who bought cream cheese they didn't really have a use for because they heard there was a shortage, and ended up buying bagels so they'd have a use for it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

I don’t know if it was a supply chain issue but I heard over the holidays that there was a cream cheese shortage. I don’t regularly use cream cheese, just for stuffing peppers, which I don’t do often, and it’s been a long time since I’ve used it while baking. But I got curious and put it on my grocery list several weeks ago just to remind myself to look for it and see if the shortage was real. It sort of was. I saw a couple stores that only had the tubs of “whipped” cream cheese. Whole Foods had plenty of their 365 brand cream cheese. Then I found a Giant Eagle that was well stocked with your standard bricks of Philadelphia brand cream cheese. So I bought some.
F51D14CA-CF0B-404B-B097-BBD0999D0BFB.thumb.jpeg.47066bf8c2a10d3f3b6e79349fb333bc.jpeg
Then I had to come up with a use for it. I’ve never been a big bagel guy. Not that I have anything against them. I’ve just never bought them for myself. I’ve dated a couple women who liked bagels and when bagels were around I ate them. But now for the first time, I bought bagels just for me. Just plain bagels from the bakery at Giant Eagle. And they’re fine. I’ve got strawberry preserves, I’ve got apple butter, I’ve got smoked salmon and capers and lemon. I even went out and bought a jar of red raspberry preserves just to add a little more variety. And now the last couple of times I’ve been to the store — two different ones — they’ve been out of plain bagels in the bakery. That’s not a supply chain issue. That’s just the universe conspiring against me as it’s wont to do.

This is currently an issue where I’m at. Not a single block or tub of cream cheese available in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, utee94 said:

You make a great point, the supply chain issues aren't ALL bad.  Way to look on the bright side, I commend you!

Hamm's was the official beer of my bicycling buddies.  When that shit's ice cold on a hot day, and you've been riding 40 miles, it tastes delicious.

58 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Hamm's was the official beer of my bicycling buddies.  When that shit's ice cold on a hot day, and you've been riding 40 miles, it tastes delicious.

Anything tastes delicious after that. The best beer I've ever had was an ice cold Lone Star after mowing the lawn on a 102 degree day. 

• Hook 'Em 1